Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

911 Jumper

Educated
I can't stand the way that Boulder Punch guy frequently switches between talking about the game and playing in-game cutscenes (while he says nothing).

Spukrian

Savant

I must confess that I've never finished Commandos: BEL or Commandos: BtcoD. When I play them, whenever I get halfway through, my computer dies and I have to buy a new one. Hmm... my computer is getting old, maybe it's time to give them another shot?

This guy also made this vid, quite good:

Hobknobling

Learned
If you wanted to see what a horrible rpg list looks like, Mortismal delivers:

oof honestly that's just sad

Stopped following this channel for two reasons: endless spam of meaningless list videos and fucking trash taste. The latter can be excused if the videos are otherwise good.

His channel blew up in a very short time span so I guess it is working for him.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Stopped following this channel for two reasons: endless spam of meaningless list videos and fucking trash taste. The latter can be excused if the videos are otherwise good.

His channel blew up in a very short time span so I guess it is working for him.
Just took a look at his recent videos and it's literally all junk. "5 favorite romances", "5 favorite BG3 builds", "5 favorite choices in RPGs". It seems to be a combination of playing the algorithm and knowing what phrases retards are going to search, having utter plebian taste, and the 100% gimmick (despite which, he never analyses the design in any depth). This thread is supposed to be about good channels.

DemonKing

Arcane
Just took a look at his recent videos and it's literally all junk. "5 favorite romances", "5 favorite BG3 builds", "5 favorite choices in RPGs". It seems to be a combination of playing the algorithm and knowing what phrases retards are going to search, having utter plebian taste, and the 100% gimmick (despite which, he never analyses the design in any depth).
I agree that a lot of his reviews and content lack depth and are basic clickbait level efforts, but he does at least look at obscure stuff sometimes and thankfully he puts chapters in his videos so you can skip forward if he's doing a list to a section that interests you.

911 Jumper

Educated
The cover image for Mortismal's BG3 Patch 6 Highlights vid was an interesting choice. All the images he could have picked, etc.
Think it's time for me to unsub, as others have said his last batch of vids are mostly garbage.

Muad'Dib

Novice
Good thread, found lot's of stuff to add to the list.

I'm pretty fond of Kruggsmash, especially if you're in the mood for chill storytelling. He does story focused Dwarf Fortress LPs with hand drawn illustrations, usually themed in some way. I recommend starting here, one of his better series.

Cataclysm DDA also lends well to the LP format. I'm partial to Vormithrax and Rycon Roleplays for these.

goregasm

Scholar
Good thread, found lot's of stuff to add to the list.

I'm pretty fond of Kruggsmash, especially if you're in the mood for chill storytelling. He does story focused Dwarf Fortress LPs with hand drawn illustrations, usually themed in some way. I recommend starting here, one of his better series.

Cataclysm DDA also lends well to the LP format. I'm partial to Vormithrax and Rycon Roleplays for these.

Rycon is pretty good. Enjoy his cdda plays and dust/frost.

I'm not a fan of his silly roleplays where he acts out the character, but his regular shit like the ones mentioned above are quality.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

12:34 surprise Lilura's mentioned
...and Cleve too, again

edit
after beating original Fallouts (including Tactics) time for somethig else but not completely

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom