Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

12:34 surprise Lilura's mentioned
...and Cleve too, again

Videos like that one are probably his best ones. Part walkthrough, review and commentary on the genre itself. While being both informative and entertaining.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You will watch 2 hours wizardry retrospection and you will love it
"Wiz 6 is the epitome of dungeon design". Proceeds to complain about lack of direction, bullshit enemies and meta-knowledge requirements. At some point, admits this was ok when you only had one game to play.

Awesome. Also, the guy is morbidly obese. I like old games, but be aware, not Bioware.

Sunri

Liturgist
"Wiz 6 is the epitome of dungeon design". Proceeds to complain about lack of direction, bullshit enemies and meta-knowledge requirements. At some point, admits this was ok when you only had one game to play.

Awesome. Also, the guy is morbidly obese. I like old games, but be aware, not Bioware.
Just heads up if we end up in the same squad in ww3 I'm putting a bullet in your head

Spike

Educated

Just heads up if we end up in the same squad in ww3 I'm putting a bullet in your head
Based defender-of-Michael-san.

AndyS

Augur

Of the "let's go through every game for a platform" projects I've encountered, this is probably my favorite. Going through the entire Famicom library. Not as joyless as the Chrontendo guy and not a Nintendo worshipping dork like Jeremy Parish.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Of the "let's go through every game for a platform" projects I've encountered, this is probably my favorite. Going through the entire Famicom library. Not as joyless as the Chrontendo guy and not a Nintendo worshipping dork like Jeremy Parish.

Gmanlives also did something like that, except only shooters, I think.

There's some guy doing the same for the N64.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
After viewing so many channels, I've come to the conclusion the only good "critiques"/"reviews" are from NocturnalRambler & MandaloreGaming. Although, I've only watched a few from Mandalore, he hasn't whiplash me with some stupid points yet.

NocturnalRambler proves to me that types of youtubers only have a chance to be good if they're focused on a specific type of RPG instead of covering everything.

It's a shame Shamus is gone though, his optimism and friendliness was comforting.

Fargus

Arcane
There are too many jewtubers these days.

Tehsnakerer was pretty good. He made a review of Brigand: Oaxaca and reviewed some other obscure shit like Xenus.
I enjoyed some of the Grimbeard's reviews, old game called Nocturne in particular.
DWTerminator is one of the unknown jewtubers, his most notable feature is that he hates pretty much everything. Guy is a retard so i enjoy his videos in ironic way. Especially the comments. Pretty sure he is just an autist that does what he does to troll people.
Also i enjoyed some of Ed's retrospectives, he is an overweight codexer that self ejected last year i think. They are very good to put as background for multitaking (autism intensifies) because they are like 2-3 hours long on average.
Sseth was amusing when he used to "review" some classic games like Might&Magic. Today he only reviews stupid weeb shit or games i wouldn't even play at gunpoint.
ZlimBratski is a good way of finding new boomer shooters. Not much for reviews.
I watched a slew of Fallout channels, but too many to remember. I guess one was Nerdcommando, i recall checking some of his F2 builds.

shame Shamus
Hehe

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tehsnakerer could deliver more good and obscure stuff, but spend too much time with dweebery. Like way too much - it's at least 75+% of his content.

Still waiting for hit Brigade E5 -- New Jagged Union video, only saw some fragments on Twitch and his video from Apeiron's prototype

Fargus

Arcane
Why would azns play Morrowind when instead they can live their weeb fantasy of raping anime girls in modded Skyrim? I saw some azn Skyrim channels and they all play as anime girls with glowing tattos, boob and hair physics and make the game feel like soulslike shit with multiple animation, sfx, combat behavior and gameplay mods. Then again maybe its a general thing for modern Skyrim players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom