Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Oh lawd!
Another fuckin' Baldur's Gate video?
And on YOUTUBE no less?
Future generations will enter an eternal cycle of rediscovering BG, making videos about it and slowly subconsciously realizing what gaming used to be like.

R@tmaster

Educated
people still trying first casual RPG ever

Huh, I never knew that

GahgpQM.png

AndyS

Augur
Haven't seen this guy posted yet.

Despite the name, he doesn't just cover C64 games, also has thorough documentaries on the Mega Drive, Arcade machines etc.
I've been subbed for a good few years and his videos are always consistently great.

I've tried to enjoy his videos for their content but the guy's weirdly robotic voice is offputting to me.

TC Jr

Scholar
Haven't seen this guy posted yet.

Despite the name, he doesn't just cover C64 games, also has thorough documentaries on the Mega Drive, Arcade machines etc.
I've been subbed for a good few years and his videos are always consistently great.

I've tried to enjoy his videos for their content but the guy's weirdly robotic voice is offputting to me.

Lol I get you, I think he's South African.

Lucumo

Educated

Where does he pull his "facts" from? His ass?

Also, that he shows Titanic as a good example of "romance"...a movie where the woman, despite being engaged, has sex with some man that she knows for a day at that point, is disgusting. Apart from that, in general, equating real life romance with VN/anime romance is just straight up retarded.

Spike

Educated
There was a video I meant to watch called something like "Dynasty Warriors 3 was special" or "Dynasty Warriors 3 was the best one"...And when I search now, I can NOT find it. This is annoying, did YT take it down, or is the search engine algo really that terrible?

Does anyone know what I am talking about? It seemed comfy. And the title is correct. 3 is the best one to this day.

TC Jr

Scholar
Comfy retro gaming channel I discovered (mainly non-RPG stuff tho),

I'm being a prick but do we really need a 2 and a half hour vid on a Fallout 1 retrospective?
"Game was awesome". Cool, everyone knows.
or is the search engine algo really that terrible?
It's that shit, youtube is beyond gay. You search for one thing and you get "things you might like!" and its total faggotry. I'll need to get another HDD because the worst thing about youtube is not only hard to find classic vids, but I have multiple playlists were it comes up "video removed", can't even see the title so I'm shit out of luck lol. I've started archiving my favourites.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I'm being a prick but do we really need a 2 and a half hour vid on a Fallout 1 retrospective?
"Game was awesome". Cool, everyone knows.
or is the search engine algo really that terrible?
It's that shit, youtube is beyond gay. You search for one thing and you get "things you might like!" and its total faggotry. I'll need to get another HDD because the worst thing about youtube is not only hard to find classic vids, but I have multiple playlists were it comes up "video removed", can't even see the title so I'm shit out of luck lol. I've started archiving my favourites.

It seems hour long retrospectives have made a comeback in recent years, mainly a way for all these new channels to show they are real and true gamers.
Some are good, others are atrocious.

911 Jumper

Learned

This podcast/channel seems pretty good. Based on what I've heard so far they don't use bad language, and it's free from non-gaming related chatter. It's purely all about the game they are discussing. That,for me, makes it far better than many of popular gaming podcasts out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom