Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline GOTY 2023 Games List discussion

Viata

Arcane
I find it funny we have a thread for lost and forgotten games (except for us), but at the same time we only include games that have more than 50 reviews in the goty list.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I find it funny we have a thread for lost and forgotten games (except for us), but at the same time we only include games that have more than 50 reviews in the goty list.
A problem with past polls was that there were too many junk entries nobody cared about. If there's no thread full of discussion for it here, there's no sense including it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gray Zone is missing in the list.
Even though it's too obscure even for the Codex,
and one migth even ask if it's RPG enough to be listed,
but if Mimimi's Gambit: Divercity Crew is there, so should be the Gray Zone.

Disclaimer: Not that I was going to vote for that shit anyway.

That's a 2022 game, though.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
We just know that, this year, the codex will Bear witness to a GOTY pick even worse than DA:O.
You could make a CRPG about raping little children and most Codexers would vote it GOTY "because it has good mechanics" and great graphics.
not a good comparison since BG3 has neither of those things , degeneracy is the main selling point the rest is cope

Serus

Arcane
Patron
We just know that, this year, the codex will Bear witness to a GOTY pick even worse than DA:O.
You could make a CRPG about raping little children and most Codexers would vote it GOTY "because it has good mechanics" and great graphics.
not a good comparison since BG3 has neither of those things , degeneracy is the main selling point the rest is cope
That's why I put the "" there. As to graphics, they are decent graphics for a non-action, non-FPP/TPP CRPG. And you can set how big you character's dick is. That's some detail! Not near the balls of horses changing size in RDD2 but close.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Gray Zone is missing in the list.
That's a 2022 game, though.
Bah, you're right.
But upon closer look, it was released just 2 weeks before 2023, so definitely had not enough time compete with 2022 games.
It has not enough of quality anything to compete in 2023 either, but at least it won't fade into complete obscurity.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Different eras. SteamDB gives me 3,033 games with the "RPG" tag released on Steam in 2023. That's probably more than we had from 1975 to 2014, even if you include all the every Ultima clone shared on BBS that only 5 people played.

Simply put, I don't think we'll have a "lost and forgotten" thread in 20 years where people discuss games like Mystery at Morgoth... even if that game would probably rank in the Top 10 of the 2008 Codex GOTY.

Different eras. SteamDB gives me 3,033 games with the "RPG" tag released on Steam in 2023. That's probably more than we had from 1975 to 2014, even if you include all the every Ultima clone shared on BBS that only 5 people played.

Simply put, I don't think we'll have a "lost and forgotten" thread in 20 years where people discuss games like Mystery at Morgoth... even if that game would probably rank in the Top 10 of the 2008 Codex GOTY.
How many of those "rpgs" also have a "nsfw" tag?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom