Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
MY BODY IS READY

- I HAVE PRE-LOADED THE GAME - FOR 30 DOLLARS - WITH PRE ORDER BONUSSESSS LOL

- I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER TOO - CORE i7 4790k, 8gb DDR3 g.skill ram 2100mhz, New motherboard, new case, new ssd, and a OC GTX 760

:D

sorry to dissapoint you but that gtx 760 is weak

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Gta v is on 7 dvds

593301068.jpg

I saw in the trailer some neat shadowrun-like corp infiltrations and assaults. Is this for real ? Can you approach these missions in more than one way ? (Ie: stealth-mode or "kick the door shouting", etc ?).

I sure as shit hope not. Don't need another series turning into this "play it your way" crap. GTA has been good at providing nice setpieces, it should stay that way.

SoupNazi

I saw in the trailer some neat shadowrun-like corp infiltrations and assaults. Is this for real ? Can you approach these missions in more than one way ? (Ie: stealth-mode or "kick the door shouting", etc ?).

I sure as shit hope not. Don't need another series turning into this "play it your way" crap. GTA has been good at providing nice setpieces, it should stay that way.
You can, the options are usually clearly set up for you though - so you're preparing for a heist and the game basically asks you, through the story, "do you want to go in guns blazing or stealth?" and you might get different side missions based on that for the preparation - if you wanna go in guns blazing you will first have to steal an army helicopter or some riot gear, if you want to do stealth you will first have to go to a chemical plant and steal a sleeping gas, something along those lines.

Plus there will usually be a point at the end of the heist where it turns into a shootout anyway, simply because they scripted something awesome and want you to see it.

I don't think I've ever seen any more than two options like that, guns blazing or stealth, but the options are there pretty much every heist I believe.

Ah, that's ok. I just want GTA stick to things it does well, not turn into a half assed mix of various optional gameplay styles. Too many games are doing it nowadays.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Don't worry, no one'll ever opt for the sneaky stealthy approach in online play anyway. Gung ho, motherfuckers.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Daniel Radcliffe in talks to play GTA producer Sam Houser - In BBC drama helmed by Black Mirror and Misfits director.

Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe is in negotiations to star in the BBC's upcoming drama Grand Theft Auto, a feature-length programme about the popular game series' creation.

As reported by the Hollywood Reporter, Radcliffe would play Rockstar co-founder and president Sam Houser. The programme will focus on the drama between Houser and Miami lawyer Jack Thompson, who often sought restitution from Rockstar when violent crimes were committed by folks who also played Grand Theft Auto. Thompson was later disbarred in 2008 for 27 cases of professional misconduct.

The drama is going to be directed by Owen Harris, who directed that episode of Black Mirror where a woman builds an android replacement for her late husband, and that episode of Misfits where a dude wreaks havoc by telekinetically controlling dairy products.

Grand Theft Auto's script was written by James Wood, who co-created Rev. and penned the Ambassadors starring David Mitchell and Robert Webb.

The role of Jack Thompson has yet to be cast. Shooting is scheduled to begin on 20th April.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Are they going to release the expansions anytime soon? They were suppose to come out at the end of last year or something.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'm replaying the game on xbox one at the moment (yeah yeah) and it already looks very gorgeous on the console. Can't wait till I see some good stuff for PC. The video editing and custom music together with news chatter inbetween also sounds really good.

Also, the game had quite a lot of upates and additional content (for free) so you guys can expect some really big chunks of content for both single and multiplayer :)

Perkel

Arcane
Retail copies are not steam.

To be honest, you can make GTA IV look on par or even better than GTA V. You can also have a lot of peds and vehicles on screen with a draw distance that spans the entire city, and still run it at stable 60 FPS. GTA V and MP3 is running on the same old fucking engine.

Bullcrap.

First of all. Those shaders only look good on screenshots. Any ienchancer with all those texture packs is shit when shit starts to move. When you are actually in place that has low amount of light everything becomes overexsposed.

Secondly framerate. GTA4 on 1.4 patch can be locked to 60 on my i5 and 7970 but it isn't locked whole time. If you improve shadows quality framerate will tank like mother fucker even without 1.7. With enchancer and other ENB game further tanks framerate to low 20 in some places.

I fully expect GTA5 to work better due to DX11

Last edited:

bonescraper

Bullcrap.
No.

First of all. Those shaders only look good on screenshots. Any ienchancer with all those texture packs is shit when shit starts to move. When you are actually in place that has low amount of light everything becomes overexsposed.
No. And i'm not using any texture mods. R00fles.

It actually looks worse on screenshots, because they can't show shader based AA.

Secondly framerate. GTA4 on 1.4 patch can be locked to 60 on my i5 and 7970 but it isn't locked whole time. If you improve shadows quality framerate will tank like mother fucker even without 1.7. With enchancer and other ENB game further tanks framerate to low 20 in some places.
On your shitty PC, maybe.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I'm replaying the game on xbox one at the moment (yeah yeah) and it already looks very gorgeous on the console. Can't wait till I see some good stuff for PC. The video editing and custom music together with news chatter inbetween also sounds really good.

Also, the game had quite a lot of upates and additional content (for free) so you guys can expect some really big chunks of content for both single and multiplayer :)

xbox one, why man why ?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Because I got it as a birthday gift and sometimes its fun to play on the couch when friends are over.

Well we know what rig the demo played 4k at 60 fps with, but what would the common man need? Let's find out.

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-youll-need-to-run-gta-5-pc-in-4k/

According to Rockstar, the recommended specifications are based on hardware that can run the game at 1080p, at 60 frames-per-second. For that, Rockstar suggest a Nvidia GTX 660 2GB or AMD HD7870 2GB.

"To run the game on a 4K display at 30fps," says Hoare, "you’ll need at minimum an AMD HD 7870 or Nvidia GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM." As for the 4K at 60 frames-per-second, that'll require a "high-end SLI or Crossfire setup."

Looks like that 1080p thing still bugs them.

Last edited:
How helpful. "60 fps at 1080p with recommended specs" means so much! As if resolution is the only graphics setting that impacts performance.

I wonder how many people who meet 'recommend' specs will immediately jack view distance and ped/traffic settings up to max and then bitch about 12 fps?

I wonder how many people who meet 'recommend' specs will immediately jack view distance and ped/traffic settings up to max and then bitch about 12 fps?

Probably a lot. It would be wise of them to make a graphics preset based specifically on recommended specs. A game with this amount of settings is bound to make a lot of players confused.

cw8

Cipher
Getting the retail. 7 DVDs, oh well, beats downloading the game for a month. Hope the price is not so much higher than what I can get at GMG.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
For the guys who haven't played it yet.

It's much better than GTA 4, but it's not as fun as San Andreas.

Don't be put off by the Franklin missions at the beginning of the game. It starts being fun when Michael and Trevor enter the story.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Box version does not use steam, you get key to activate it on rockstar social club. Good news, only if you needn't any drm at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom