Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (Fall 2025)

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Fallout 2

Walk around for 10 minutes through identical copypated locations made from reused assets
Suddenly fight starts, finally some action
3 days later you're still fighting becausee NPCs take 30 minutes to finish their turn
You've almost won
Marcus kills your entire party with a minigun
Load save

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS

IF YOU LIKE GTA SHIT PLAY SLEEPING DOGS IF YOU HVNT ALREADY

AMAZINGLY GOOD GTA CLONE ONLY THING I WISH WAS BETTER MUSIC BUT I COULD MODS THAT IF I WASNT LAZYV AS FUCK

AND AS RETARTED AS THIS SEEMS THE STORY IS GOOD SO FAR I MEAN I KNOW THEY RIPPED OFF CHINK MOVIE THAT THE DEPARTED RIPPED OFF

ALSO STORY MATCHES GAMEPLAY YOUR AM UNDERCOVER CUP BUT YOU KILL PEOPLE ALL THE TIME AND THE STORY ACKNOWLEDGES IT

ITS WHAT WAS ANNOYING ABOUT GTA4 YOUR FUCKING KILLINF EVERYONE ALL THE TIME BUT LOLLLLOL LOLITA LL ITS A BIG MORAL DECISION WEATHER OR NOT TO KILL THE BAD GUY AT THE END

MEANWHILE I KILL SOMEONE THEN WATCH THE AMBULANCE COME THEN KILL EMTS FOR FUN

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
Rockstar went from creating edgy and fun games which always raised controversy to samey, non fun games with innovative messages like "hating blacks is bad okay?"
Nothing of value was announced.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
P.S. Fuck Jewstar and Take Two

Agreed. These shills sold out and apologized faster than Joe Rogan.

Besides, my desire to play a video game that's hidden behind 3 paywalls, a social network, 2 store fronts, and a US military ID checkpoint is a bit limited these days.

SlamDunk

Arcane
messages like "hating blacks is bad okay?"
Yeah, that was another irritating aspect of Red Dead Redemption 2. Sometimes it felt as if I was playing a BLM propadanga piece.

I've come across one quick and one small side mission that have had a black man as the bad guy, but that's like 0.1% of the missions.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I prefer the design philosophy of earlier GTA titles (from 3 onwards) where the protagonist's social background gave each game in the series a distinct flavor. GTA V diluted that by having three protagonists and to me they appear as being three distinct possible iterations for the game that might've been originally considered by Rockstar which ended up being mixed together to create what we've actually got with GTA V.

Should've just picked one of them and perhaps kept the other two as NPCs tied to some quests imho. And I would've preferred the sole protagonist to be Michael personally since a game centered on Franklin would've been too much of a SA rehash and a Trevor-centered game would've been too wacky (unless they focused on him being mentally ill rather than just playing his psychotic behavior for laughs, but I doubt that they would've had the balls to do that justice beyond a scene or two as was the case with that torture scene which generated a mediatic shitstorm anyway). That and I also dig his similarities in personality and mindset to Tony Soprano.
Oh no, my question was in regards to the title (GTA 6 was confirmed. Me: why?). But yeah, I agree with you the older GTAs were much, much better. SA is my favorite. As for V, I didn't finish it. I couldn't stand it anymore and I couldn't stand Trevor. I hoped I could kill him before the final mission but apparently you can't unfortunately. And Rockstar said in an interview that they imagine their fans as doing what Trevor does or something to that effect I don't remember now, so yeah I said fuck it to the game since then. I still played it but quit a few hours in. I felt like I had to wash my hands after playing as Trevor. And retards cheered for him. WTF....

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I don't think even rockstar is dumbfucked enough to have a woman front GTA6, it will invariably affect sales, and no one is more Jewish about their bottom line than take two.

sleeping dogs is all no-nonsense. yakuza has you fight a gang of diaper-wearing men who behave like babies. jesus harold christ, stay away from me with this retarded shit.

I'm kind of more interested in a new GTA now that Dan Houser is gone. At least it'll be interesting to see if that changes anything, because the impression I get with Rockstar games and their shitty ultra linear adherence to a set course is they're on that set course because the boss is also the head writer. Maybe nothing changes, maybe it gets worse, but maybe things get better since it sure seems like there's people there doing stuff in these Rockstar games that's the total opposite of the completely on-rails Rockstar experience.

I prefer the design philosophy of earlier GTA titles (from 3 onwards) where the protagonist's social background gave each game in the series a distinct flavor. GTA V diluted that by having three protagonists and to me they appear as being three distinct possible iterations for the game that might've been originally considered by Rockstar which ended up being mixed together to create what we've actually got with GTA V.

Should've just picked one of them and perhaps kept the other two as NPCs tied to some quests imho. And I would've preferred the sole protagonist to be Michael personally since a game centered on Franklin would've been too much of a SA rehash and a Trevor-centered game would've been too wacky (unless they focused on him being mentally ill rather than just playing his psychotic behavior for laughs, but I doubt that they would've had the balls to do that justice beyond a scene or two as was the case with that torture scene which generated a mediatic shitstorm anyway). That and I also dig his similarities in personality and mindset to Tony Soprano.
Oh no, my question was in regards to the title (GTA 6 was confirmed. Me: why?). But yeah, I agree with you the older GTAs were much, much better. SA is my favorite. As for V, I didn't finish it. I couldn't stand it anymore and I couldn't stand Trevor. I hoped I could kill him before the final mission but apparently you can't unfortunately. And Rockstar said in an interview that they imagine their fans as doing what Trevor does or something to that effect I don't remember now, so yeah I said fuck it to the game since then. I still played it but quit a few hours in. I felt like I had to wash my hands after playing as Trevor. And retards cheered for him. WTF....

Trevor is the only GTA player character with a character that makes sense with how people play GTA games...you know, running around killing random people, running them down in cars and not giving a shit about it. The point of Trevor was to design a character that would be the type where all the fun terrible sandbox shit players do would make sense in story for that character.

Alphons

Cipher
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Hey, if you crossdress, eat human meat or spoon with another guy when playing GTA, it's your choice.

BUT DON'T FORCE IT ON ME.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sleeping dogs is all no-nonsense. yakuza has you fight a gang of diaper-wearing men who behave like babies. jesus harold christ, stay away from me with this retarded shit.
Very well, you may keep your crossdressing baldy:
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Hey, if you crossdress, eat human meat or spoon with another guy when playing GTA, it's your choice.

BUT DON'T FORCE IT ON ME.

orcinator

Liturgist
BROS

IF YOU LIKE GTA SHIT PLAY SLEEPING DOGS IF YOU HVNT ALREADY

AMAZINGLY GOOD GTA CLONE ONLY THING I WISH WAS BETTER MUSIC BUT I COULD MODS THAT IF I WASNT LAZYV AS FUCK

AND AS RETARTED AS THIS SEEMS THE STORY IS GOOD SO FAR I MEAN I KNOW THEY RIPPED OFF CHINK MOVIE THAT THE DEPARTED RIPPED OFF

ALSO STORY MATCHES GAMEPLAY YOUR AM UNDERCOVER CUP BUT YOU KILL PEOPLE ALL THE TIME AND THE STORY ACKNOWLEDGES IT

ITS WHAT WAS ANNOYING ABOUT GTA4 YOUR FUCKING KILLINF EVERYONE ALL THE TIME BUT LOLLLLOL LOLITA LL ITS A BIG MORAL DECISION WEATHER OR NOT TO KILL THE BAD GUY AT THE END

MEANWHILE I KILL SOMEONE THEN WATCH THE AMBULANCE COME THEN KILL EMTS FOR FUN
Sleepy Dogs is just GTA with that shitty bamham combat and less stuff.
Which also means there's less tedium simulator missions but it's not like the game offers anything but the generic linear missions and a world with nothing in it.
Just put "sleeping dogs pork bun meme" into youtube instead of reinstalling.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO IF YOU DONT LIKE GTA THEN YES DONT PLAY SLEEPING DOGS NO MYSTERY THEIR

Modron

Arcane
Just Cause 2, never again. Never again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom