Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (Fall 2025)

Hagashager

Educated
"Bruh...oh shit man! They canceled Concord! Oh fuck! Fire our artists and get someone who can do a Faux Brooklyn voice in the recording booth NOW!"

911 Jumper

Learned
The delay could indeed be because Rockstar is seeing the backlash against woke in gaming. Perhaps they are changing stuff in response, particularly in response to Concord's spectacular flop.

I do remember Rockstar saying that they weren't going to “punch down” with VI. Take-Two Interactive [Rockstar's parent] also had that DEI seminar at E3 back in 2021.
3843661-ttwo.png

Elttharion

Learned
GTA getting delayed would be a disaster for the industry. I remember reading more about it a few months ago but this article has the gist of idea.

GTA 6 is being hailed as the savior of the gaming industry. With the decline in sales and uncertainty surrounding the gaming industry in 2024, analysts are looking to GTA 6 to revive the market. The game is expected to bring back players and generate renewed interest in video games. Rockstar Games, known for their perfectionism, is under immense pressure to deliver a flawless game without any delays.
In an article on gamesindustry.biz, Brendan Sinclair discusses the uncertainty and decline in the gaming industry in 2024. However, there is hope that GTA 6 will revive the industry and bring back players.
Basically the industry is in the shits and devs, publishers and hardware manufacturers are banking on GTA being such a huge hit that it would revitalize the entire industry and pull back people that stopped playing video games. Sales from the game, controllers and consoles, people subscribing to play online, etc. The idea is that the game would boost all of these, start attracting investors and the money would sorta trickle down and help fund other projects.

Ezekiel

Arcane

Drakortha

Liturgist
GTA getting delayed would be a disaster for the industry.

Basically the industry is in the shits and devs, publishers and hardware manufacturers are banking on GTA being such a huge hit that it would revitalize the entire industry and pull back people that stopped playing video games.

I hope it gets delayed indefinitely. I don't want mainstream players to come back to gaming. Let it tumble and die in the eyes of NPC's everywhere, and all the big dev's and publishers fizzle out. Then these talentless vultures can move onto something else.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
By 2027 woke will have gone completely out of fashion and woketards will be ridiculed like hippies in the 1980s. Rockstar may be accounting for that, but there are always reasons to delay a game, unrelated to creative concerns.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The delay could indeed be because Rockstar is seeing the backlash against woke in gaming. Perhaps they are changing stuff in response, particularly in response to Concord's spectacular flop.

I do remember Rockstar saying that they weren't going to “punch down” with VI. Take-Two Interactive [Rockstar's parent] also had that DEI seminar at E3 back in 2021.
3843661-ttwo.png
ag-RJedo-L-700w-0.jpg

Dark Souls II

Educated
Shitposter
GTA was over the second they removed going to the gym and getting ripped. Not sure why anyone pay's attention to this dead franchise.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
In the GTA 6 leaks back in Sep. 2022, their was a scene where Lucia and Jason were at the strip club and they were talking with a guy named Dre. He was talking about how Lucia and Jason were staying at a property of a rap producer named "Boobie". and that Dre is teaming up with him for a new studio.

So the term "Diddy" is actually Scottish slang for boobie or boobs, literally. Well Rockstar North the primarily developers of GTA is from Scotland

is this a stretch? possibly, but it make sense. We could be seeing GTA's version of P.Diddy ...

Gerrard

Arcane
I wonder if someone at Take Two got a case of nervous sweat after Concord.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom