Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Automobile IV: A Game For Commies

Deleted member 7219

paragraphs plz

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ViolentOpposition said:
I agree with him though... having to take your friends to places is a pain in the ass. If it was optional (i.e. you call them up, and only you) and it didn't incur any penalties in your friendship if you didn't, that'd have been much cooler.

omg u hav complaint agaisnt gaem u r so stoopid!!!1

I guess that's why Niko chooses to work for all of those people in exchange for info on the two people his looking for, and gets really pissed of at them when they take forever in getting him that info.
According to a faq I'm 6 missions from Teh End, and he's yet to mention his manhunt more than twice (unless I accidentally skipped over a cinematic) or only in basic 'I looking 4 sum1' terms which sounds like he needs to place a personal ad and doesn't sound like he's got some sort of blood vendetta.

All dlc is supposed to be a ten hour long or so story arc. Cutting something minor out of a game is one thing (horse armor) but do you really think they'd cut 10 hours of game out just for dlc?

Yes I do.

Like real life, you're going to sacrifice some driving control if you want to shoot at somebody. It worked fine to me. It's much better than how it was in the past GTA games.
Much better than old GTA, but much worse than GTA wannabe Saint's Row, which is sad. So very very sad.

camera wurks 4 me!!!1
Sure it works, but when 95% of the time I need to tilt the angle when driving and then it drifts back to the ass sucking default position with no way to lock it off in a more useful position, it sucks.

drivng is gud u suk!
Face it fanboy, every car is a stair car, except it gets up to speed ok, just that if you want to make a turn within the space of, oh say, a football field you need to jam on the brake and the handbrake and there's still a 75% chance you're hitting a lightpole.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Much better than old GTA, but much worse than GTA wannabe Saint's Row, which is sad. So very very sad.
How was it any better in Saints Row? In Saint's Row, not only did you have to take your focus off of the road to shoot accurately, you had to take your foot of the gas pedal as well. At least I can shoot and drive at the same time in GTA 4.

Sure it works, but when 95% of the time I need to tilt the angle when driving and then it drifts back to the ass sucking default position with no way to lock it off in a more useful position, it sucks.
What exactly is so bad about the default camera angle? It's almost the same as the ones in previous GTA games. There's no "blind spot" as somebody else said a while back in the thread, so what is so bad about it? Yeah, the camera is more tilted to one side of the car, but I can still see what's in front of me and what's on the other side clearly, and it doesn't affect your ability to make turns better. Have you tried pulling the camera back any, that may help if you're having trouble for some reason.

Face it fanboy, every car is a stair car, except it gets up to speed ok, just that if you want to make a turn within the space of, oh say, a football field you need to jam on the brake and the handbrake and there's still a 75% chance you're hitting a lightpole.
I'm a fanboy because I don't suck at the game's driving controls? They're pretty fucking simple; when you see a turn coming up you slow down and use the brakes, and while turning, slightly put on the gas; the vehicles turn pretty smoothly that way. If you hit a lamp post even while going slowly then you probably cut a corner instead of staying fully on the road or you just suck at driving. Also, the more expensive fancier cars handle a lot better than your everyday junk trunk, so maybe you've just been using shitty vehicles? The game's controls aren't like the past ones where you could make a perfect turn in any type of vehicle while going 100 mph.

Helton

Arcane
Damn. I was hoping it was like real life where I make 90 degree turns in the city while punching the gas through the floor. But it sounds like they're appealing to the lowest-common-denominator drivers who actually have to slow down for turns.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Quick poll, how many people who are complaining about the driving controls play racing games regularly?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I complain about the controls and I never play racing games (unless you consider Bandits as a racing game).

Then again I haven't played GTA 4 yet. Does it still count?

Fez

Erudite
GTA was never meant to be a racing game with as perfect and realistic as possible physics for it. It was always meant to be more like the movies with ridiculous and impossible car chases, shoot-outs and so on. This is sounding more and more like they've abandoned much of what made the game work before.

dagorkan

Arbiter
This should be the official Kodex anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcIH5DQY6U8

Don't hate the playa hate the game
Niggers sharpen your aim
Every balla on the streetz is searchin fortune and fame
Some cum up, sum get done up
Accept the twist!
If you're out for Mega Cheddar, you gotta go high risk

Sometimes i get illy
Cock back the nine milli
I choose not to bust
Smack ya punk ass silly
Just bought a crib
It cost two point five milli
Swimming pool in my living room
I guess I'm a willy
I don't get high
So I don't split the phillies
Niggers say they gonna kill me
And I say "oh rly?"

Hit my kawasaki
I pull off on a willy
This is strait laced pimping!
I know you ho's feel me
I come thru, make ya whole club petro!
Ya mite as well let go
I BLAST
Make your whole club echo
You don't want to really test an L.A. vet tho
Most of my krew's on Death Row (4 REAL!)

Quick with the trigger
Nice with the Steel
Step into the kill zone
Caps get peeled
You're WACK!
Ya lookin for a record deal
Bow down...
On 2nd thoughts, punk bitch kneel!

Don't hate the playa hate the game
Niggers sharpen your aim
Every balla on the streetz is searchin fortune and fame
Some cum up, sum get done up
Accept the twist!
If you're out for Mega Cheddar, you gotta go high risk

Don't Hate cuz...
My game's tighter than yours,
My girl's finer than yours,
My jewel's shine brighter than yours,
Ya look me dead in the face
Then pretend ya don't see me
YA WANNA BE ME!

You hate my mothafuckin guts
Lickin' nuts
What's the deal?
It's a level playing field
My game's against yours
Hustling wars
Roll the dice
Risk your mothafuckin life
Bank rolls and no holds
Anything goes
Ride Rolls in the week
Clap a nigger who speaks
I'm succeeding
In trying to keep
From bleeding in the Lane..

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nah, you're still the same disloyal murderous sociopath bastard as always. They tried to make him seem a bit more "human", but when you notice that you end up killing everyone you work for that gets a bit silly. It bothered me a bit, untill I realise I was just playing the part of a utter maniac. At least one staple of the series they still adhere to.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Trash said:
CJ wasn't like that.

Nah, a guy that starts a murder rampage to keep on the good side of a corrupt cop is defenitely not your typical amoral GTA bastard.
Don't forget the mission where CJ slaughters the entire crew for a construction site and buries there boss alive in cement (with the boss being stuck in a flipped over outhouse) because they whistled at his sister.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
That's what I did not like with CJ, he felt a bit inconsistant at times. On one side it seems as if R* wants us to feel sympathetic for him and make him appear like a good guy (read "a pussy") and on the other side he has some disproportional sociopathic reactions like the one listed above.

At least Tommy Vercetti was a man, a real one, with big cojones.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
That's what I did not like with CJ, he felt a bit inconsistant at times. On one side it seems as if R* wants us to feel sympathetic for him and make him appear like a good guy (read "a pussy") and on the other side he has some disproportional sociopathic reactions like the one listed above.

The same with Niko Bellic. Just accept that you're playing a wacko and roll with it.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I tried and I actually could put that on the side but SA contained too much filler for me and I never managed to finish it because of that.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I dunno, I felt like Nico was quite the post-conventional thinker. He had occasional bouts of conscience, but he managed to be the ubermensch when need be. The game often brings up the idea that the world simply isn't perfect, and there are people out there who gotta roll with that, even if they don't like it.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Not really. All I said was that Nico has a moral compass that works outside of social convention. The world isn't perfect, so why bother pretending it is?

God damn, do I really have my head stuck so far up my ass that I can't even avoid sounding like a bag full of wind when I try?

Deleted member 7219

Fat Dragon said:
Trash said:
CJ wasn't like that.

Nah, a guy that starts a murder rampage to keep on the good side of a corrupt cop is defenitely not your typical amoral GTA bastard.
Don't forget the mission where CJ slaughters the entire crew for a construction site and buries there boss alive in cement (with the boss being stuck in a flipped over outhouse) because they whistled at his sister.

:lol:

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Re: A game, you silly kid. It's just a game. Not tolstoi.

Trash said:
Somehow I'd say that you're reading a bit too much into this game.

In that case, quick poll of opinion for those that have played the game.

"Spoiler"
So who else thinks it's implicit that Bruicie is a closet homo or that it's intentional that Packie cries about his daddy when you get him drunk?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom