Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall II: The Dying World - prequel where native PC travels to the old continent

Dodo1610

Arcane
The trailer reminds me a lot of original Greedfall trailer

Seems like BG3 has now normalised Early Access for narrative heavy games.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
A few points from the showcase:

• Visit multiple nations, not just the first game's prologue location.
  • Obligatory companion approval/romance shit
  • Full party control like Dragon Age/BG3.
  • More non-linear than the first, can join the different factions this time.
LU7wOnu.png

Moink

Cipher
Early access does not exactly fill me with joy. Other than that it seems more of the same on a bigger budget(?).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Did Nacon run out of money? Early Access is incredibly weird.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I remember Greedfall, I played it for a while but I had to quit because of the fake accent that the native dudes had. It was a little annoying at first but after a while, it started to become so torturous to listen to them speak that I wanted to jam razor wire into my ears and floss until I couldn't hear anything ever again. Don't really remember much about it except for that. Hope this helps.

Dodo1610

Arcane

yCH6Xs5.png

-development only started shortly before the initial announcement in 2022
-bigger than Greedfall game: more regions with greater cultural, geographic and architectural diversity, more companions, more sidequests that will affect companions and stories
-still, hub based, no open world
-Early Access launch will contain the first quarter of the game they think at the end of early access the game will have more than a third of the game's content
-Jehanne is very nostalgic for her previous games and thinks maybe one day she wants to return to their settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

flushfire

Augur
Basically most RPGs ever. I'd struggle recalling more than a handful of RPGs with an actual great ending. Most devolve in a soul-destroying, endless combat grindfest or boring fast-travel teleporting all over the map, chasing that Main Quest marker.
Spiders' games are extra special about it though. They make sure the player has to backtrack in every quest, make sure to close off the shortest route when returning, and make sure to have the enemies along the way respawn.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Basically most RPGs ever. I'd struggle recalling more than a handful of RPGs with an actual great ending. Most devolve in a soul-destroying, endless combat grindfest or boring fast-travel teleporting all over the map, chasing that Main Quest marker.
Spiders' games are extra special about it though. They make sure the player has to backtrack in every quest, make sure to close off the shortest route when returning, and make sure to have the enemies along the way respawn.
Yep that's definitely true. IIRC it was especially obnoxious in Technomancer, going back and forth between those two cities and fighting the same spongey enemies every single fucking time made me wanna go jump off a bridge.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
-bigger than Greedfall game: more regions with greater cultural, geographic and architectural diversity, more companions, more sidequests that will affect companions and stories
:negative:

we wont have to backtrack through spawning enemies right, right?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Greedfall had fast travel points, I don't see why the sequel wouldn't have any either.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh, they mention near the end that this will be another sidequel like The Technomancer. Beginning starts before the events of the first game but it will eventually catch up and take place concurrently.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Let's hope it's gonna be another 7/10 success like Greedfall 1, instead of the 6/10 embarrassment that was Steelrising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom