Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fancy and handy tool. Without the ability to make screenshots the usability gets very limited though.
Screenshots? You mean an "Export map to PNG" feature? That will be added one day. You can create screenshots all day now too, like you can of any program :cool:

It depends on what you use the program for, though. You absolutely don't need an "export map to image" feature to map a game while you're playing it. So not sure why the lack of it is such a deal-breaker for you. But yeah, export to image will be added at some point.

S.torch

Liturgist
Yep, I mean PNG exports. Sometimes I use the program to make my own maps, not just recreate maps of other games. There are other softwares for that but this one is lightweight and not bloated. And comes with handy tools.

When maps are complete I like to look at them whilst writing down stuff. Captures do the work but big ones can be a chore. Also I like to share them to other people to see what I'm talking about.

Zoo

Educated
These aren't doors, but moving floors - think conveyor belts. Stepping on the first tile with the arrow moves you (and potentially also spins you) to the last tile in the sequence. Similar in effect to a teleporter but not quite the same (since you see the motion).
I see. I haven't encountered moving floors in the cRPG I played to date, but seems like a worthy addition to the upcoming new release.

These will be special floor types that can be rotated.

EDIT: Just published a YouTube video specifically about Gridmonger. Enjoy me getting literally everything about your lovely little program wrong.
It's a very good review, there's nothing factually wrong in it.

Also congrats for getting the spirit of the program and working *with* it, not against it. To quote you from the beginning of your video:

"I map not because I must, I map because I like to map."

:salute:

I will probably put a link to this on my front page, it's really well done.
The "moving floor" can be a slide or an avalanche like in Might and Magic.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
peterb

Allowing zoom levels up to 50 as per your request in your YouTube video comment, plus another teaser of the searchable notes list pane:

DBAcuui.png

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Teaser. Searchable/filterable notes list pane on the left, and a new toggleable overlay thingy showing the linked cells (the blueish lines).

Hoping to get this out before the end of August.

3LuipdA.jpeg

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My old man eyes thank you!
Well, good news, I've figured out an easy way to do full UI scaling. So I'll add an option to either use the OS-level DPI setting of Windows (default), or a user-selectable arbitrary scaling factor. This is 130% (but on a Retina MacBook, so technically 200%, then 130% on top of that).

image.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom