Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

ArchAngel

Arcane
wait you did SoT Rape room with 4000 hp? Lol
At lvl 33? Lol

You deserve that death lol

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Depends on what you didn't like about PoE.
I thought it was too grey, and kind of boring. There was a lot of skill, but some of them didn't make sense or changed a lot, i.e. too easy to see the cookie-cutter build. I thought that the game was well-thought, but in the end felt bland. Is Grim Dawn more ''spicy'' ?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I thought it was too grey, and kind of boring. There was a lot of skill, but some of them didn't make sense or changed a lot, i.e. too easy to see the cookie-cutter build. I thought that the game was well-thought, but in the end felt bland. Is Grim Dawn more ''spicy'' ?
Probably not. Skill variation is one of the weakest points of Grim Dawn.

RuySan

Augur
Probably not. Skill variation is one of the weakest points of Grim Dawn.

Indeed. I'm playing as a demolitionist, and it's way more advantageous to put all the skill points in the same couple of skills. Grenades just wreck everything so far, and are much better than canisters or mortars.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Ivan launch the game, launch Cheat Engine, open GrimDawn.exe in it. then load Cheat Table (open folder icon), there will be a number of options. You need bottom three - HC death guard and playing with dead HC characters. Load your "dead" chara, open 3rd tab in stats, confirm that "deaths" reads 0, save and exit.

Ivan

Arcane
YNV4G.gif

hard core save cumming time

made

Arcane
Don't think I'm getting much mileage out of the shaman subclass for my soldier. Wasted a lot of points on a basically just an unreliable heal proc and an extra stun. The regen aura sucks. Nightblade would probably be much more useful with the on-demand heal and the debuff aura. Gonna finish it once with this setup then respec for another run. Cheat Engine lets you reassign masteries, I assume?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Don't think I'm getting much mileage out of the shaman subclass for my soldier. Wasted a lot of points on a basically just an unreliable heal proc and an extra stun. The regen aura sucks. Nightblade would probably be much more useful with the on-demand heal and the debuff aura. Gonna finish it once with this setup then respec for another run. Cheat Engine lets you reassign masteries, I assume?

I would not take Shaman unless you planned on using its abilities as your main source of damage. Shammy has some nice utility, but it's very limited. The regen aura is fucking awful and no one puts more than 1 point in it to unlock Heart of the Wild. You should cap out Heart of the Wild since it gives 40% more max HP, which is amazing. Primal Bond is really good because it gives lots of Physical damage and damage absorption%. If I had to pick one exclusive buff between Oleron's Rage and Primal Bond, I'd take Primal Bond. I would not take Feral Hunger for the reason you said it's bad: it's unreliable. It doesn't proc off some skills like Primal Strike, either. Wendigo Totem is very reliable and good if you want some source of healing.

ArchAngel

Arcane
you talking about the stuttering?

No. The game will just completely freeze. Period. I'm now trying windowed mode - borderless. See how that works (I was using full screen).
This is a known problem with B31, lots of people reported it. Create is working on solving it. It is somehow connected with using more than one CPU core. People reported getting rid of it by turning off extra cores in windows after you start the game but game performance also drops as a result.

RuySan

Augur

No. The game will just completely freeze. Period. I'm now trying windowed mode - borderless. See how that works (I was using full screen).
This is a known problem with B31, lots of people reported it. Create is working on solving it. It is somehow connected with using more than one CPU core. People reported getting rid of it by turning off extra cores in windows after you start the game but game performance also drops as a result.

So, no difference in playing it borderless?

ArchAngel

Arcane

So, no difference in playing it borderless?
Don't know. I only know what some people found to help them. Maybe borderless helps others.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Played some Occultist. Game looks gorgeous, the tapestries and mosaics in the ruins are great. The levels look hand crafted, exploring is fun and discovering loot and lore text in the most unlikely of places keeps you playing "just for another hour".
Pet AI is so so. My birdbrained avian companion will not attack and when he does, he seems to do it in random. The dog is somewhat better, always being in the centre of battle and pulling aggro off me.

The pathfinding for the player character is great, I tried clicking on items behind fences and on ladders and the game would choose the correct path every time.
Not a bad game but the builds are convoluted, especially if you consider the abilities you get from improved items(nice concept btw, you add a claw on a sword and it becomes stronger).

Another good concept are the shrines, the loot is sweet and the points are a pleasant diversion from the skill point sinks that are passive abilities.

Renevent

Cipher
Played some Occultist. Game looks gorgeous, the tapestries and mosaics in the ruins are great. The levels look hand crafted, exploring is fun and discovering loot and lore text in the most unlikely of places keeps you playing "just for another hour".
Pet AI is so so. My birdbrained avian companion will not attack and when he does, he seems to do it in random. The dog is somewhat better, always being in the centre of battle and pulling aggro off me.

The pathfinding for the player character is great, I tried clicking on items behind fences and on ladders and the game would choose the correct path every time.
Not a bad game but the builds are convoluted, especially if you consider the abilities you get from improved items(nice concept btw, you add a claw on a sword and it becomes stronger).

Another good concept are the shrines, the loot is sweet and the points are a pleasant diversion from the skill point sinks that are passive abilities.

Not sure if you know but if you right click the pet portraits in the upper right of the screen you can set their disposition. You can make them defensive/aggressive/normal.

Ivan

Arcane
had a really fun intense fight with Flamelurker. I think we both killed each other at the same time :P

though getting to him wasn't that fun. Maybe i''ll try running straight to him since unlike the Sot, you don't get locked into rooms here.

EEA0EC8BA039FF49EE116DD7353336084A8CEA3B

C01A25818029B5109A468E1CD48DC51A5C6A5E59

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom