Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

ortucis

Prophet
Who was the asshole who designed The Conflagration area?

/RAGE QUIT

:M

Wait till you seeThe Immolation :D (or t he mines with simillar ground)

I went into that area without realizing which fucking quest I was on. I was also 3-4 levels lower than every monster there.

Still managed to clear it one first try without dying. I had a hard-on after I was done killing the boss.. also, I leveled up.

Shaman + Minion + Chain Lighting

Only thing I hate in this game is the fucking loot management. At first it's like "WOW, so much loot" then after 4 hours it's just annoying as fuck. I am only picking up Yellow items or above as well. But now when I see loot, it just feels like a chore.

Sacred 2 did it right. Don't want that loot? Sell it on spot for half the cost or goto shop yourself to get better money for selling loot. Keeps inventory clean and you happy.

made

Arcane
Every new caster build I try seems even more OP than the last. Arcanist really takes the cake: freeze and shatter the entire screen with just 2 spells, mop up if anything survives with chaining magic missiles. Granted, I was lucky enough to find some +skill gear but the clearspeed is just insane. On top of that he gets a buff/debuff purge and 3sec of total immunity on a short CD. Don't think I'll be going back to my soldier anytime soon. The Arcanist is almost the same level already in a fraction of the time.

ArchAngel

Arcane

/RAGE QUIT

I went into that area without realizing which fucking quest I was on. I was also 3-4 levels lower than every monster there.

Still managed to clear it one first try without dying. I had a hard-on after I was done killing the boss.. also, I leveled up.

Only thing I hate in this game is the fucking loot management. At first it's like "WOW, so much loot" then after 4 hours it's just annoying as fuck. I am only picking up Yellow items or above as well. But now when I see loot, it just feels like a chore.

Sacred 2 did it right. Don't want that loot? Sell it on spot for half the cost or goto shop yourself to get better money for selling loot. Keeps inventory clean and you happy.
You can hide white loot or white and yellow loot if you want.

Also yellow loot can be very good. I am lvl 56 now and at least half of my equipment is still yellow and it is very good.

ortucis

Prophet

/RAGE QUIT

You can hide white loot or white and yellow loot if you want.

Also yellow loot can be very good. I am lvl 56 now and at least half of my equipment is still yellow and it is very good.

That's what I said, I am only picking up Yellow items or above.

Yellow loot being good is VERY rare after you have green or blue items (rare?). I am equipped with all blue items and I haven't found a single good yellow item in last 3 hours of playtime. I am just thinking of toggling loot display for Green items and above since every other loot is just shit in this game. Only time Yellow items are useful is in the beginning, after that you will end up finding Green and Blue loot that easily trumps any Yellow ones.

While we're at it, this game has a shit world map. In Divinity: OS or even older games like Arcanum (I think, I forgot), you can add custom bookmarks for places you find. This game gives you a shit JPG map which doesn't even zoom well enough, forget adding more details (like, "this place required you going through a bloody dungeon.. as you can see") on the map. This is the first top down RPG where I have seen such shit map implementation.

EDIT: Wow, 1000 posts. I did it. YAY!

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't have a single Green that was good for my build. I did find a few Blues that are useful but most of my character is still Yellow. We will see how this continues as I move on to Elite difficulty. I got 3 legendary items but none good for my character. I found almost 3 full item transfer tabs of blues but only 3-4 for my character. So in my experience yellow are still good and needed.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Conflagration becomes easier to cross when you use potions that grant passive hp regen or resistances for a set amount of time. They call them tonics if I'm not mistaken. A good addition which reminded me of how some potions function in the Witcher games.

I had some minor freezes during my first run but nothing gamebreaking. Now that I rolled a shaman, I had my first gamebreaking freeze. Could not even exit the game, had to reset the computer.

Regarding loot management, Torchlight pets is a neat idea. Too bad I have not seen it implemented in any other arpgs I've played.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

/RAGE QUIT

A few tips on the Conflagration:
1. Bring a ranged weapon (or use some ranged ability) to take out the crystal formations in the aetherfire bits. You can shoot over most of the walls in the area. This will make things way way easier if you're careful to get them all.
2. Always take the shortest route through the aetherfire bits. There's only really one extended run through it (to get in), and another shorter one later on. The rest you can get through with one tick of damage or none.
3. Mirror of Ereoctes will stop the damage from walking over aetherfire if you have it.
4. Harvest Footpads from Homestead respected reputation will get you some easy aether resist for the area.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Refunded this a few days ago, it really felt mediocre at best. Am I missing something?

Renevent

Cipher
Yeah, good taste.

I don't have a single Green that was good for my build. I did find a few Blues that are useful but most of my character is still Yellow. We will see how this continues as I move on to Elite difficulty. I got 3 legendary items but none good for my character. I found almost 3 full item transfer tabs of blues but only 3-4 for my character. So in my experience yellow are still good and needed.

What build are you using? If you're getting legendaries you are at least lvl 50+ and if you are still using mostly yellows something is really off. By that level you should be using almost green+ exclusively sans for maybe a very unlucky drop rate for a specific slot. Are you checking the faction sellers as well? They sell really fantastic greens that are also varied for a lot of different builds. Between the 4 of them you should be able to buy at least a couple green upgrades.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, good taste.

What build are you using? If you're getting legendaries you are at least lvl 50+ and if you are still using mostly yellows something is really off. By that level you should be using almost green+ exclusively sans for maybe a very unlucky drop rate for a specific slot. Are you checking the faction sellers as well? They sell really fantastic greens that are also varied for a lot of different builds. Between the 4 of them you should be able to buy at least a couple green upgrades.
I am full Vitality focused Conjurer. I prioritize Vitality damage, life and resists on my gear. I got almost 11000 life on lvl 56. I did check green gear at factions and they aren't bad but lack all stats I want or would give me a marginal bonus to vitality damage but lower resists or health. My resists are pretty godlike now. Everything is over 50% except Aether (25%), Stun (0%) and Chaos (33%). Elemental, Vitality and Bleeding are maxed.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's a few yellow affixes that are pretty good (Prismatic, of Readiness, etc.) that can make yellow items better than legendaries for some item slots (mostly rings). So on Ultimate it can actually be worth at least taking a look at the yellows.

Turok

Erudite
Am i the only one who's getting constant freezes out of this? I have to put it aside until some fix comes up....
I have the same freezes all the time, i already stop paying it, is sad, a incomplete history so they can force me to pay again.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Out of curiosity. Mediocre as relative to what other recent diablo-clone ? D3, PoE ? Something else ? Or just mediocre in general.
Relative to PoE, I haven't played D3. I am not saying that PoE is the best game in the world, but at least the chacter building and itemization parts are great.

What made you think it wouldn't be mediocre?
I don't know, all the hype surrounding it plus all my dumb friends playing it. A man never learns I guess.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Well, i can see your point. I rate GD higher than "mediocre"(closer to "ok", parts are even "good") but i agree that PoE > GD all things considered. There is simply much more to PoE in the long term, more varied skills, more possible builds, better itemizations not to mention the closed server aspect and all the fun things that come with it.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
I filtered out white items after a few hours, and yellow ones when I was halfway through Veteran. I only recently added yellows back in when I needed cash for building bridges and a couple of items.

oscar

Arcane
I'm really enjoying it so far and have found it 'click' far more with me than PoE or Diablo III (or even II) though I have a feeling my warder build is less than optimal (can you make it on overwhelmingly Physical damage alone?) and a little lacking in AoE beyond Blitz.

Stupid question but how the hell do I add completed components? I got the arcane blacksmith back to camp (looking at the wiki wish I'd gone with the other one since my damage is physical not arcane) but dragging components to the screen anywhere or shift clicking doesn't work.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Even if you hover over a component or an armour part, the corresponding piece will glow. If you are bored of reading descriptions like me.

RuySan

Augur
Relative to PoE, I haven't played D3. I am not saying that PoE is the best game in the world, but at least the chacter building and itemization parts are great.

I don't know, all the hype surrounding it plus all my dumb friends playing it. A man never learns I guess.
I agree, but grim dawn has one thing that the others don't. Play it has a melee character, use the gamepad, and it becomes the best Gauntlet-like ever.

I wish I could play diablo 3 as in the PlayStation.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Huh? I don't get it.
There is this shrine where I should offer Scavenged Plating and Scrap.
The Scrap is correctly placed where it should, but the Scavenged Plating field is red, as if I had none. But I have.
Am I missing something here?

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wtf is that inventory? Are you to much of an hipster to combine the parts?
Most of the gear is already combined. But I also don't want to waste those parts on armor that I won't wear long anyway. So it's more of an autism than a hipster thing. :M

So any idea about the shrine anyone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom