Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let her live. She later gives you a quest related to the gates of anguish, a rather difficult dungeon to farm for legendaries.

The game has some surprising difficulty spikes such as the aforementioned for lvl 40 chars and depraved sanctuary for ~20 lvl which I discovered on my third playthrough as arcanist.
Sometimes it is good to stray off the beaten path, albeit a bit nerve racking. :)
That is not her that gives you that quest.

So, past level 50 I suddenly start getting 2 skill points per level, in addition to leveling being slow as fuck as it is. How fucking lame. I might not do that Elite run after all, making a new char seems to be the more appealing option now.

RuySan

Augur
So, past level 50 I suddenly start getting 2 skill points per level, in addition to leveling being slow as fuck as it is. How fucking lame. I might not do that Elite run after all, making a new char seems to be the more appealing option now.

This is something that also annoys me in this game. PoE in the mid 50's has faster leveling than GD in the low 30's. At least that's how it seems.

I can't imagine how is going to be in the 60's and 70's.

made

Arcane
Depends on your clearspeed. Leveling my warlock in his 70s is much faster than my soldier in his 40s. Though at this point he's pretty much done with all useful skills almost maxed and leveling him further seems pointless. Much rather make alts.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've never had any problems levelling in this game, especially when Im on some quests. Higher lvl mobs+quests+bounties+shrines are more than enough.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
They just released another patch to address some of the balancing screw-ups the last patch brought.
Part 2

[Game]
  • Elite and Ultimate difficulties: reduced enemy damage, reduced enemy attribute bonuses, moderately reduced damage resist bonuses, more significantly reduced resists to CCs, slight reduction to OA bonus, moderate reduction to enemy armor and absorb, small increase to enemy life.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Nemesis bosses not to spawn
  • Fixed an issue with Achievements for achieving Revered status not unlocking

[Itemization]
  • Fixed an issue with Item requirements on Epic/Legendary weapons having increased or become missing in v1.0.0.2
  • Treasure Troves with static spawn locations have been removed, or made to spawn more randomly
  • Treasure Troves now have a very high chance of dropping a rare crafting material, scaling with difficulty

[Class & Skills]
Devotion
  • Increased % Damage values on all Constellations, ranging from a 50-100% increase, with the largest increase on Tier 3 Constellations.
  • Slightly increased damage scaling with rank on Tier 2 and Tier 3 Celestial Powers, with the Tier 3 powers receiving a larger boost.
  • Abomination: increased Health to 300
  • Affliction: added 10% Poison Resist
  • Amatok, Spirit of Winter: replaced flat Health with 3% Health
  • Assassin: added 8% Bleed Resist, 8% Poison Resist and 6 Pierce damage
  • Berserker: added 3% Damage Converted to Health
  • Candle: added 1.5 Energy Regen
  • Dire Bear: increased % Health to 5%
  • Dying God: increased Offensive Ability to 40
  • Eel: added 10 Defensive Ability
  • Fox: added 8% Bleed Resist
  • Gallows: increased % Vitality Resist to 10%
  • Ghoul: increased % Damage Converted to Health to 4%
  • Harpy: added 10% Bleed Resist
  • Hound: added 4% Armor
  • Huntress: added 8% Pierce Resist
  • Jackal: increased Offensive Ability to 12
  • Kraken: increased % Attack Speed to 20%
  • Leviathan: increased % Pierce Resist to 20%
  • Lizard: added 50 Health
  • Magi: added 8% Elemental Resist
  • Manticore: added 4% health and 8 Poison damage / 5s
  • Oleron: added 10% Bleed Resist
  • Owl: added 8% Elemental Resist
  • Raven: added 1 Energy Regen
  • Revenant: replaced flat Health with 3% Health
  • Rhowan's Crown: added 8% Chaos Resist
  • Shepherd's Crook: increased Health to 80
  • Spear of the Heavens: increased Offensive Ability to 40
  • Solael's Witchblade: added 15% Fire Resist
  • Ulzuin's Torch: increased Offensive Ability to 20
  • Wendigo: increased % Health to 5%
  • Widow: added 8% Vitality Resist, reduced Offensive Ability by 10
  • Mark of the Wendigo: reverted addition of cooldown

Occultist
  • Doombolt: Cooldown reduced to 8s, Radius increased to 2.5

Shaman
  • Mogdrogen's Pact: Energy Reserved rebalanced across the base skill and its modifiers

Renevent

Cipher
Good deal, I tried playing last night and my board and sword soldier who was previously pretty damn tanky was getting demolished.

Renevent

Cipher
It's an awesome skill but at higher levels it was hampered by cooldown and radius...it's an excellent change.

MrJohnson

Educated
It's good that they nerfed the defensive stuff in devotions, making the damage/utility stuff more viable. Almost everyone I know was rolling on the defensive devotion skills because they would not dare to change even 1 item to get something more defensive. Imo it should be a good mix if you wan't a survivable character - glasscannons are another chapter.

Sothpaw

Learned
Just finished Ultimate for the first time. I even killed Mogdrogen and the Bourbon clones. My favorite ARPG of all times now; it just offers the best overall experience in the genre.

Edit: What the hell is with people bitching about the leveling speed? If you just play the game and do the quests the levels fly. If it is still too slow for your incorrect taste, then just run Bastion of Chaos.

RuySan

Augur
Who thought it was a good idea make the 1-0 ability hotbar the standard for this kind of games? Are diablo-likes and mmorpg's supposed to be played by pianists?

Anyway, I said poe was better than this. I was wrong. The unrelenting slaughter in many parts of the game is just unparalleled in this genre.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I took my lvl 45 Warlock into SoT veteran yesterday. Managed to do it in first try. Had a bit tougher time vs masses than with my Vitality Conjurer but vs last boss I used a potion to get 20% more cold resistance and killed him faster. This character is a late bloomer. I kill faster now with less problems and I have less problems managing Energy now. Got my E regeneration to about 61/s and max Energy 5000+. Life is in mid 6000.

Like last character, I mostly have yellow equipment with only a few green/blue stuff. Got Soleil Eldritch Fire and Turtle devotions, now going for Scales and then later for Giant's blood.

roll-a-die

Magister
Who thought it was a good idea make the 1-0 ability hotbar the standard for this kind of games? Are diablo-likes and mmorpg's supposed to be played by pianists?

Anyway, I said poe was better than this. I was wrong. The unrelenting slaughter in many parts of the game is just unparalleled in this genre.
Get bigger hands or a smaller keyboard. I'm not a pianist and I can go from 1 to 0 with one hand on my razer blackwidow 2014.
Excuse the shitty webcam photo, It's been rotated to best make sense, but since it's a webcam it's all fisheyed and shit.
6aatXJV.jpg
the cord is my gamepad, sitting unplugged and unloved.

This is obvious trolling

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I assigned WASD to abilities #5 to #8, then Q and E for #9 to #10. 1 to 4 are still mapped according to their default assignments. Feels better IMO.

RuySan

Augur
You can remap those hotkeys of course.

I know, but it's still stupid to have that as a standard. WASDQE is much better.

Get bigger hands or a smaller keyboard. I'm not a pianist and I can go from 1 to 0 with one hand on my razer blackwidow 2014.

My hands are almost double the size of yours. This is not a penis competition or anything. Just stating facts. Maybe that's the problem, they don't give me enough accuracy.

roll-a-die

Magister
You can remap those hotkeys of course.

I know, but it's still stupid to have that as a standard. WASDQE is much better.

My hands are almost double the size of yours. This is not a penis competition or anything. Just stating facts. Maybe that's the problem, they don't give me enough accuracy.
Sometimes there's a such thing as too much. Maybe you need to find a better size que- erm, keyboard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom