Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire delayed. For one final time?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Australia is the land of the Rainbow Serpent, so I say:

Somewhere over the rainbow, way deep down
There's a bunker that I heard of, once in an albtraum
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true​

aratuk

Cipher
He would never get it on GOG straightaway, or steam. But a few years with a following and he could get both.
If he doesn't make it to GOG and/or Steam, he can kiss goodbye even to mediocre sales. This games has almost no marketing, it looks very old (retro stuff) and press coverage is almost non existant.

Press coverage would seem likely, addressing the novelty of a one-man effort over 20 years finally being completed. The novelty(/controversy/pageviews) would only be increased by the, erm… political idiosyncrasies of that man.

I wonder if the "social justice in gaming" crowd would start badgering GOG or Steam for selling the game, if they accepted it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It amazes me that people still vote for the Republican party. Quantum physics blow my fucking brain - I cannot fathom that shit. I am unable to grasp the idea that some people might actually like the Transformers movies.

But nothing - and I mean nothing - comes even close to the sheer bafflement I feel subjected to when I face the fact that there are still sane people who believe in, and follow, this hilarious joke of a scam. We're at a point where, if I get confused randomly during some coincidental event in my life, and I can't figure out why, reality sets in and reminds me that if I can't find the source of my confusion, people still believing in Grimoire is probably it.

The entertainment it provides is unquestionable. It's just the incredibility of it all that leaves me miffed.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It amazes me that people still vote for the Republican party.

:rpgcodex:
Quantum physics blow my fucking brain - I cannot fathom that shit. I am unable to grasp the idea that some people might actually like the Transformers movies.

But nothing - and I mean nothing - comes even close to the sheer bafflement I feel subjected to by facing the fact that there are still sane people who believe in, and follow, this hilarious joke of a scam. We're at a point where, if I get confused randomly during some coincidental event in my life, and I can't figure out why, reality sets in and reminds me that if I can't find the source of my confusion, people still believing in Grimoire is probably it.

The entertainment it provides is unquestionable. It's just the incredibility of it all that leaves me miffed.

The rest I agree with my friend... :thumbsup:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The rest I agree with my friend... :thumbsup:

And if Cleve has "deluxe signed collector's edition boxes" in his next campaign?

:troll:

index.jpg

:oops:

Giskard

Augur
To be honest, I am just wondering which is coming first Grimoire or The End Of The World™ aka Judgement Day™. There seem to be about the same number of delays for both.

Maybe it will be ready and we will have something to keep us warm by the time the Real™ end of the Universe aka the inexorable journey to 0 degrees Kelvin.

Btw, I really hope he does get this game finished, but he sounds like a perfectionist and they do have a tendency to never reach that point where they are happy with the final product.

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
To be honest, I am just wondering which is coming first Grimoire or The End Of The World™ aka Judgement Day™. There seem to be about the same number of delays for both.
let me help you:
judgement day isn't real and grimoire will never be released or finished.

Pantalones

Prospernaut
Those who preordered Grimoire will be prepared for the end days by its teachings. Those who don't will not be admitted to the bunker, or to heaven after they die.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maybe mr. Blakemore is planning a multi-generational effort to produce grimoire.

Cathedrals took more than one to produce too

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
i loved this pic! Thank you so much DU, never had the misfortune to actually see what cleve looks like!

Cleve?
Next time you go about criticising other peoples' looks (e.g. Brenda was it?), make sure you lose some weight yourself first hey?
You fat cunt, lol..can you even see your dick when you look down?

(real life is a bitch isn't it..i know Cleve, i know..spout some more hate driven drivel and it will all get better, honest..)
(lol)

Giskard

Augur
let me help you:
judgement day isn't real and grimoire will never be released or finished.

Thank you Mr Bunny :), I really should use more emoticons:M to clarify my meanings. That'll teach me not to post before my morning dump.+M

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
i loved this pic! Thank you so much DU, never had the misfortune to actually see what cleve looks like!

Cleve?
Next time you go about criticising other peoples' looks (e.g. Brenda was it?), make sure you lose some weight yourself first hey?
Weight can (theoretically) be lost but degenerate skull shape stays forever. So Cleve wins on looks anyway.

Pantalones

Prospernaut

Cleve?
Weight can (theoretically) be lost but degenerate skull shape stays forever. So Cleve wins on looks anyway.

He has a hearty Brunn skull, salt of the earth type.

Repressed Homosexual
It amazes me that people still vote for the Republican party. Quantum physics blow my fucking brain - I cannot fathom that shit. I am unable to grasp the idea that some people might actually like the Transformers movies.

But nothing - and I mean nothing - comes even close to the sheer bafflement I feel subjected to when I face the fact that there are still sane people who believe in, and follow, this hilarious joke of a scam. We're at a point where, if I get confused randomly during some coincidental event in my life, and I can't figure out why, reality sets in and reminds me that if I can't find the source of my confusion, people still believing in Grimoire is probably it.

There has been a superdemo released with 19% of the content, why would people say that it's a joke/scam, when many people have played it and can confirm it delivers on all fronts?

Because you want to look high and mighty. At this point you might as well have posted this on Reddit, with this circle jerkery and this self-righteousness.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Delayed again? Aww, shucks...

BTW, I wonder if this news post/article had two versions, one for Grimoire actually being released and the one we've got. Most of the content could be recycled between the two, but would suit the former more (like the game's history).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Delayed again? Aww, shucks...

BTW, I wonder if this news post/article had two versions, one for Grimoire actually being released and the one we've got. Most of the content could be recycled between the two, but would suit the former more (like the game's history).

Wednesday 28th May, in the Admin forum:

Wait. There are still people who actually believe Cleve is ever going to release something?

He never will. Let me make that clear. He will NEVER release a "finished" Grimoire. Not on May 31st. Not on May 32nd. Not on Thursday. Never.

He will take ANY action as a slight against him and use that as his next excuse as to why he's not released anything. "He's unappreciated" whatever.

When the 31st rolls by and he releases another superdemo instead of the final game (I hope he at least manages that), we can also write a suitably derogatory newspost in honor of the occasion.
You mean when he releases nothing:

"Charlatan Cleveland Mark Blakemore commits another fraud by once again failing to deliver...

In hot RPG industry news, long-time charlatan and fraud Cleveland Mark Blakemore of "I made like a bit of code for this game this one time 10 years ago when we coded in BASIC" fame has once again failed to deliver on the promised release date of Grimoire - an RPG made in a play-style so out of date that it not only went out of fashion, it's gone full circle and become retro.

A lot of retarded fans who were asked about the latest failed development had still been drinking too much kool-aid, stating "I believe in Cleve", "The time just wasn't right, he'll release it when the time is right", and "oooh purdy rainbow. Mommy says I need to take my meds now".

The latest deadline is just another in a long line of attempts at fraud in the history of Grimoire. The game, which the developer has stated only has "1% left" to be completed has been in development for over 19 years now.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-get-it-completed.75724/page-272#post-3298195

1392614948462.jpg

July, 2004: Already maligned as vapourware (before Duke Nukem Forever was even conceived), now defunct RPG site RPG Dot has a preview of Grimoire stating the game (which began development "a few years" after 1991) "is nearly finished" after "many stops, starts and re-starts".

September, 2004: Just a few months later, "With a few more months of scheduled testing and balancing before its release, the final product should please (and silence) all of those who said the game would never be released".

June, 2005: "world wide release of the game scheduled for October of THIS YEAR!!"

August, 2009: After years of silence, the game's website is updated from "Coming July 2009" to "Coming Fall 2009".

March, 2010: And then it was 31st March.

July, 2010: And then Fall again...

May, 2011: "I can actually finish this monster before this year is over."

October, 2012: Cleve finally realises that to commit real fraud, you need to be asking for money. Despite raising $10k USD of its entirely unrealistic $250,000 USD goal, we still fail to see the release of a complete game despite the campaign having, in capital letters:

COMPLETION NOT SUBJECT TO FUNDING!! THIS GAME WILL SHIP IN MAY 2013 WITH OR WITHOUT ENHANCEMENT!! A PLEDGE HERE WILL BE FULFILLED. THIS CAMPAIGN IS NOT A FUNDING FOR COMPLETION, IT IS A FUNDING FOR ENHANCEMENT!!! COMPLETION IS GUARANTEED HERE! SEE VIDEO FOR DETAILS.​

October, 2012: "scheduled for released in May 2013".

February, 2013: We make another IndieGoGo campaign, raising another $6,000 (why stop when you're on to a winning formula).

April, 2013: "Remember at the stroke of midnight, May 31st 2013 if I do not have the pledges in transit I must commit hari-kiri in the most painful and disturbing public fashion".

January, 2014: "There will be a third campaign on Indiegogo", "The NEW DATE FOR RELEASE IS MAY 31st, 2014. Sorry we missed the first one but it was because we had to add extra special helpings of incline, win and excellence to make it worth the wait."​

At least then he'll have a nice excuse to whine about his lack of development for the next 4 years before the next failed due date.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Underlord is merciful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom