Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Mech

Cipher
gLiRudv.png
The ratings are dropping further into 'mixed', down to 68% at the moment. Cleve banning and badmouthing people left and right (like the above) is probably one of the reasons.
That was me. :lol: I changed my review from positive to negative just cause Cleve is being a dickhead. Maybe I'll change it back to positive at some point. It is a mystery.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 3 minutes ago
If you have played Grimoire and are still waiting for the manual, please give it a review. A collective of SJW activists have been colluding on another board in rage at the fact that people are enjoying Grimoire. They keep sending people over here to buy it, play it ten minutes and write a bad review of it. It would only take a few right now to push us back to "Mostly Positive" until the manual and latest update comes out and puts us into "Astronomically Positive."

Really classy for a guy with a screen that says "Be excellent to each other" in the end credits of his game. For all that I enjoyed of the game in my playthrough, this immature shit by a 50-year old man is straight up pathetic.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you have played Grimoire and are still waiting for the manual, please give it a review. A collective of SJW activists have been colluding on another board in rage at the fact that people are enjoying Grimoire. They keep sending people over here to buy it, play it ten minutes and write a bad review of it. It would only take a few right now to push us back to "Mostly Positive" until the manual and latest update comes out and puts us into "Astronomically Positive."

Really classy for a guy with a screen that says "Be excellent to each other" in the end credits of his game. For all that I enjoyed of the game in my playthrough, this immature shit by a 50-year old man is straight up pathetic.

If you gave it a review would it be recommended or not?

Biggus

Scholar

Pathetic is probably flattering him. Hypocritcal moron who demonstrably doesn't even know how his own game works is probably closer to the mark.

What a plonker. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut, but no... :)

Grimoire: 20 plus years in the making, and it fizzled out inside a month. Move on people, nothing to see here.

Biggus

Scholar
Move on people, nothing to see here.

Yet you fail to do so.

Oh, I've moved on, sick of playing the bug ridden, broken and laughable thing called Grimoire. I'd call that moved on. Playing a game that works now, there's a shock!

The fanboys would disagree of course.

I might revisit it, if that fat clown ever manages to figure out how his own game works and then does the impossible and actually fixes it.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Oh, I've moved on, sick of playing the bug ridden, broken and laughable thing called Grimoire. I'd call that moved on. Playing a game that works now, there's a shock!

The fanboys would disagree of course.

I might revisit it, if that fat clown ever manages to figure out how his own game works and then does the impossible and actually fixes it.
"I've moved on"

*Furiously checks Grimoire threads*

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 17 minutes ago
When you turn the setting to "NEVER" you are choosing to forego experience points that in most cases will by 6x the amount you get from fixed encounters. So it is not so much a "Win the game" setting as a "I need a breather" setting.
I am thinking of making "NEVER?" into a selection which has a 1 in 100 chance of encounter every 30 steps or so. This was originally what this setting did.

A response from a mysterious source:
If you do that you should name it something else other than NEVER, I suggest "NEXT FRIDAY"

I do agree that the "NEVER" option currently makes you wonder why the game even have the "Safe heaven" Spots... Need a safe heaven? -> random encounter=never.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
If you do that you should name it something else other than NEVER, I suggest "NEXT FRIDAY"

I do agree that the "NEVER" option currently makes you wonder why the game even have the "Safe heaven" Spots... Need a safe heaven? -> random encounter=never.
Cleve should just ban him...

I am more worried that he'll find my review :troll:

Biggus

Scholar

Cleve should just ban him...

I am more worried that he'll find my review :troll:

Pretty safe there. Remember, Clive is a guy who confuses his weight (in kg not pounds) with his IQ. I doubt that he can find his ass, though he obviously knows where his mouth is.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So, one retard who is not forced to use the option, wants the option removed for others.

And Cleve acquiesces.

What a dumb move. gg Cleve, ya retard.

Zep--

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, was that option really hurting anybody? You had "never" and "rare." You'd think those who wanted some would just choose rare.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Meh I don't see it as such a big deal if it's like SUPER DUPER rare now as he describes it, what bothers me is that this is a minor issue , he should have much harder concerns to work on. Why even bother with this nonsense?

Last edited:

Nyast

Cipher
Yeah, was that option really hurting anybody? You had "never" and "rare." You'd think those who wanted some would just choose rare.

Well, one of the problems is that with "rare", you have an encounter every 2-3 steps. So it's not exactly rare. It's already freaking annoying.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, one of the problems is that with "rare", you have an encounter every 2-3 steps. So it's not exactly rare. It's already freaking annoying.

Ha, didn't he also increase the encounter frequency of rare within the first week or so? :P

Seems like what would make people happiest is to just add more options instead of altering the ones already there.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

Are you sure you have the latest patch?

What you describe is a problem from an older patch.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Please disable the "enter" key speeding up battles. You're just encouraging pop-a-mole mentality by leaving it in.

The 'Sapes should have to savor every line of your exquisite combat text.

In fact, make it even slower...characters should print one at a time like teletype.

Battles should be glorious grindfests and take several hours at least.

:troll:

Thanks!
Zep--

Weasel
I guess the changes around here were inevitable... once the game actually came out

Grimoire thread pre-release:

Grimoire thread post-release:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom