Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Those Viet Cong children aren't going to molest themselves

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Watch those sulphites people

Sgd2q49.png
DavidBVal should get a tag "dindonuffin"

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Last DECLINE update comes tomorrow...INV Editor and Some experimental teleporting around maps.

I may still do some bug fixing, but Grimoire .25 will be the last version DECLINE is updated for.

So...make a backup of your Grimoire Folder.

Zep--

good, it takes a wise man to admit defeat.

The sheer terror of Cleve's DRM will soon be felt by all

More like feature complete.

Zep--

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Last DECLINE update comes tomorrow...INV Editor and Some experimental teleporting around maps.

I may still do some bug fixing, but Grimoire .25 will be the last version DECLINE is updated for.

So...make a backup of your Grimoire Folder.

Zep--

How are we going to test all the huge changes that .30 brings? :(
It will be much easier with Decline to tell if the changes actually work correctly.

Weasel
So Cleveland Mark Blakemore , any timeline on the next update? Been waiting for that to start my first full playthrough, sounds likes all those changes to combat and progression are best experienced with a fresh party.

Although looking across the various Grimoire fan sites it seems some of the blobber elite are holding out for V4...

olDvg7H.jpg

mLE8PPD.jpg

LbzSsQo.jpg

gypFd9I.jpg

Nixheb

Arcane
Argl, the Grimoire review of the french magazine CanardPC (which is a really good one compared to all other ballsuckers out there) is complete steamtard shit with a "slight" topping of monocle.

Izual, if you read this, you suck.

Apart from the dreaded "respack" bug / crash, I never experienced any other crash during my current ~60 hours gameplay. And the "savegame problem" window of time was "a priori" too short for me to experience it.

And for the "the game is not balanced at all" I would suggest you to try to read between the gameplay line. The game is not balanced in the "mainstream" way. It is balanced in a very different way, a way that gives the player his own way of balancing it, the way he wants it.

I would have expected better from you.

Palomides

Augur
I wonder whatever happened to Balaxander or whatever. He seems to have vanished from the Codex and stopped his video uploads.

I fear Grimoire has taken another from us, though he was rather unworthy in the first place.

PEACH

Arbiter
I wonder whatever happened to Balaxander or whatever. He seems to have vanished from the Codex and stopped his video uploads.

I fear Grimoire has taken another from us, though he was rather unworthy in the first place.

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.

- Friedrich Mark Blakemore

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLOLOLLL THE STARTS OF MY GROMOURE REVIEW

Before we talk about Grimoire, we must set the stage.

50,000 years ago, there was a small tribe of what may loosely be called "men". Short, stocky, with limited intellect (but quite a robust body), they survived in cold climates that they were adapted to.

Of course, they mingled with proper men. Desperate females, often crippled and idiots, would come to these brutes for shelter, when no true human would have them.

These women would bear children that would come to rule these communities. Though barely more than a animal by human standards, they were leaps and bounds beyond the others.

In the natural course of events, these "men" were wiped out, either by their ineptitude, or by direct slaughter. Some brutes, usually the smartest, the ones begot by the true men, managed to survive however. They managed to create descendants, often through rape of juvenile, crippled, or mentally retarded humans.

Thus is the story of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, and the beginning of the masterpiece Grinoire.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 5 hours ago
I am still trying to add detail to the manual where it is needed.

If I knew the manual would be done at 2:37 PM tomorrow I'd post that as the release date. I am hoping this is the last week I will need to work on version one, but the accompanying update is another story. It's a big one, trying to get any serious issue of note fixed before posting that one. This will sort of be the big release in response to polishing recommendations produced from releasing it initially to such a large group of people.

Been wondering that too. Watched all 24 episodes so far. Very entertaining I thought.
This is just pure speculation - Bax stopped posting his YT videos shortly after the big US storm. I'm not a US resident, but I'm kind of guessing that he has a southern accent? Houston is a very populous city, and so I think there's a tiny chance that perhaps he was affected by the bad weather? For instance, perhaps a relative needed assistance? If so, perhaps he had to 'drop everything' to help out? This is just wild guesswork.

Leitz

Learned
A couple of retards decided to bother Cleve with mundane questions about drowning:

Originally posted by Rpguy:
How can aerob drown? they can't swallow water if they don't have mouths... how do they eat? how do they drink? ahhh the misteries of life...
I remember these weird stories of people putting LSD blotters behind their eyelids to absorb the acid through the eyeballs. Now you know.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
A couple of retards decided to bother Cleve with mundane questions about drowning:

Originally posted by Rpguy:
How can aerob drown? they can't swallow water if they don't have mouths... how do they eat? how do they drink? ahhh the misteries of life...
I remember these weird stories of people putting LSD blotters behind their eyelids to absorb the acid through the eyeballs. Now you know.

Not blotters but micro-dots.

I've done it.

Zep--

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

Been wondering that too. Watched all 24 episodes so far. Very entertaining I thought.
This is just pure speculation - Bax stopped posting his YT videos shortly after the big US storm. I'm not a US resident, but I'm kind of guessing that he has a southern accent? Houston is a very populous city, and so I think there's a tiny chance that perhaps he was affected by the bad weather? For instance, perhaps a relative needed assistance? If so, perhaps he had to 'drop everything' to help out? This is just wild guesswork.
Good call. Harvey hit Texas a few hours after he posted his last video. And yeah, his accent places him from the south.

Last edited:

railway

Educated
Now folks, I don't want to jump to conclusions and make everyone worried, maybe Baxander just slipped in the shower and lies in a coma or something. But a friend of mine who lives near Houston and works as a nurse, well she told me about this peculiar case that came through where she works recently.
Apparently a guy died in his home from anaphylactic shock, his family alarmed emergency services but they couldn't reach him in time beacuse of the flood. His body was sent to the morgue in the hospital my friend works at.
The odd thing about this case however is that this fella died from an allergic reaction to crow!! I didn't even know it's possible to be allergic to birds.
Anyway, the creeps from the morgue ruined everyone's lunch when they talked in the cafetaeria about how they cut this poor sod's belly open and there were black feathers everywhere! Even they have never seen anything like this.

Palomides

Augur
Either he's dead or creating a new persona. His account can't be found here, unless I'm not privileged enough to view all Codex peons.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
SUCCESS! Banned Achievement Unlocked!

banned.PNG

Is there any bigger butthurt baby? I don't think so.

Anyway, Steve, I'm glad you are wasting so much time on breaking DECLINE. It was my original intention.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom