Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

jfunk

Augur
How playable is it on 1440p? I fear that everything is tiny and there is no way of resizing/scaling the window.

I play it both full screen (scaled) and windowed on a 27" 1440p. It's a bit small windowed and I do wish I could make the window bigger, but it's certainly playable without much trouble.

Weasel
n8HIbvC.png

biggestboss

Liturgist
Just updated to 1.2.0.4 and there are still encounters on every step even when set to "Never". Time to copy 1.2.0.1 over it for now.

jfunk

Augur
Pro-tip. Copy and paste your whole Grimoire folder into a temp folder before updating. It's tiny and only takes a few seconds. That way you can roll yourself back if you need to.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Support sofar has been impressive. Cleve even rushing apparently (in the middle of the night/early morning i guess in Australia).

Now the money is rolling in by shiploads it is maybe time for Golden Era to hire a PA, who can start with sending backer keys and keep track of bug reports or something so Cleve can concentrate on bugfixing and prototyping Grimoire 2 - The Onslaught.

PrettyDeadman

Dannydoesvideos stream Grimoire again!
He is an experienced wizardry player (he has wizardry 4 playthrough on his channel) and managed to beat green hand gang on level 1.
I recommend you check him out:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Cleve utterly breaking his game on Steam Chart Sunday (the day with the greatest amount of concurrent users) is hilariously Murphy's Law. Why even have a "random encounters pop up on every square" setting?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Cleve showing less prestigious customers the door.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
[ontwikkelaar] 15 minuten geleden
Origineel geplaatst door Lachance:
Well, let's talk about old school games. But old school games that were recently released.

Grimrock I & II are gorgeous.
Might & magic X Legacy is perfect to me.

I don't wanna feel any troll, i'm just saying :
If the guy worked for 20 years on this game, he sure deserves the 40, but...
This game looks and sound so ... old... i can't pay it more than 10 on sales.
Because this is really really old school, and not in a good way ONLY :/

Great and I'm not being sarcastic when I say point taken ... now GO AWAY. Good luck to you, I hope you find a game you really enjoy. If it is better than Grimoire be sure to drop me a note so I can have a look at it. I have to tell you, I think you have your forums mixed up. This one is for Grimoire players and true monacled gentlemen of distinction with fine taste in their turn based blobbers. It's like busting into a gourmet cheese festival and insisting on spraying Kraft whip on everything. If you want to know why I respect their opinion more than yours, that's easy - THEY RESPECT THE MEDIUM. You don't. So why waste another minute here?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
You need to setup timidity++ to have midi support in wine. There are many guides for it.

Sorry Epsilon, I think you're right. Whilst a couple of dll overrides gets the game up and running with sound effects I've yet to get the MIDI music working in Wine. The difference when playing it in virtualbox is remarkable. I've got fluidsynth running and can get Windows MIDI players to play music, but can't yet persuade Grimoire to do it. What I thought was initially a built-in software synth appears to be just a hook to whatever synth Windows has.

Might have to wait a bit to see if I can fix it as in my haste I accidentally deleted my virtualbox images directory and corrupted my Wine prefix and have spent all day restoring the former from a backup!

One day I'll have some time to play the game, but at the moment I'm just enjoying it vicariously through people's comments and videos. Carry on... :salute:

jfunk

Augur
Yeah, can't seen to find anyway to stop the encounters almost every move issue. Tried completely deleting the folder, new game, different start zones, etc. When starting a new game, it seems that the appropriate amount of time passes before the FIRST encounter, but after that first one it becomes about 90%.

Have to stick to V 1201 until this is fixed.

Edit, wow V1205 already up while I was posting this.

Weasel
Yeah, can't seen to find anyway to stop the encounters almost every move issue. Tried completely deleting the folder, new game, different start zones, etc. When starting a new game, it seems that the appropriate amount of time passes before the FIRST encounter, but after that first one it becomes about 90%.

Have to stick to V 1201 until this is fixed.

New patch out

Alchemist

Arcane
Cleve, have you looked into the fullscreen with scaling on mouse delay issue? If it were possible for the game to simply output its native resolution people could use their GPU to scale the game, instead the game always outputs the entire desktop resolution frame, making external scaling impossible.
This works for me to do fullscreen GPU-based scaling:
  1. Set "Fullscreen: ON", "No Scaling" - in Grimoire configuration, exit the game
  2. Set desktop resolution to 1280 x 768 (1024 x 768, Grimoire's actual resolution should also work). I have a preset made for this, which also launches Grimoire.
  3. Set GPU scaling on in the video card control panel (keep aspect ratio)
  4. Profit! (with hours of incline gameplay)

Latro

Arcane
Prediction: Cleve on the back of his own charisma will single-handedly revive the western blobber genre. A new generation arising among the old will come, out to only meet the standards of one turn-based blobber. Grimoire.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Getting my shit pushed in by the Black Lich, and to add insult to injury, the game crashes whenever he retreats or after he uses certain spells.

Cleve, I posted the dump file from the crash in the critical bugs thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom