Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire to be Released this Fall

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Darth Roxor said:
Slenkar said:
lol an alarm did go off in my head when i saw that dragon,

I was like..nice dragon, NO WAY cleve drew that, so he must have outsourced?

Yup. But my alarm was actually 'I'm pretty sure I've seen this somewhere before...'
He didn't even try to use an obscure pic. It's a DnD cover art FFS! Did he think this could go unnoticed? (whoever "he" is)

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
After reading up on this whole Grimoire business, I have to say I am genuinely entertained. Cleve seems like exactly the type of ultra-conservative fucknut I love to read about. He's like the Lyndon LaRouche of roleplaying games. "Grimoire will be out this fall! Right before ZOG sends it's hordes of negroes and mexicans to rape and eat our babies!". Which actually seems to fit, seeing as how RPG Codex is pretty much the Stormfront.org of gaming websites.

As far as the game is concerned, it looks like it could be pretty awesome if it ever comes out. And by "awesome" I mean "a decent oldschool RPG, not the dumbed down hybridized bullshit everyone is making today". And by "ever comes out" I mean "don't hold your motherfucking breath".

I just hope that if I ever get to play this game Cleve doesn't liquidate the non-human members of my party for being racially inferior.

mondblut

Arcane
Tails said:
Maybe it's only me, but in case of presenting placeholders should be rather avoid in public releases.

Well, KOTC developer used to have screens with Dark Sun and Ultima 7 elements online on his site before all his graphics were done.

This screen wasn't present in 2005 beta IIRC, whereas the interface and ingame art mostly didn't change. And next to them, it *does* look like a quickly photoshopped hack of a screen. No artist around to make a proper one, I'd presume. Now, I see no reason to put it online either, but that's just us.

Oh, and he already ninja edited it off :D

Oh more, the poster above me must be Cleve himself :D

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
I can assure you I am not Cleve. At least I don't think I am. Maybe I wouldn't know if i was. Maybe this explains why I occasionally wake up in a fortified shack filled with AR-15's, boxes full of 5.56x45mm ammo and packages of rice, and a well worn copy of the Turner Diaries, in the woods outside of Fuckaloosa Texas.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
poocolator said:
Luzur said:
GarfunkeL said:
racofer said:
127791381597.gif
Do you guys do this every time after a Grimoire release announcement? Ouch.

That guy has an air purifier in his room. It's nice to know he's conscious of indoor air quality as he dies from congestive heart failure.

Anyway, surely you must all realize that Grimoire is *already* a fun game. Cleve is the DM/player and the RPGCodex are all NPCs.

timong

Novice
Okay, so copyright infringing picture edited out.

How about coding the Portrait selection to NOT offer all the different races' portraits when you already selected your race for a character.

Cleve, up to the task?
portrait.png

Zeus

Cipher
timong said:
Okay, so copyright infringing picture edited out.

How about coding the Portrait selection to NOT offer all the different races' portraits when you already selected your race for a character.

Hang on, now, sometimes the only good image of a bearded human is technically a dwarf, or the only decent wizard is technically an elf in a cowl.

Just let the player choose whichever portrait they want.

LazyD

Liturgist
I refuse to believe babies will ever fly on their on will.

mondblut

Arcane
timong said:

What for? Races are there for stat bonuses, not for staring at stupid furry and fairy faces for all eternity and "playing their roles". If free face selection was good enough for Wizardry, it's good enough for Grimoire.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
cutterjohn said:
I'll die of apoplexy if he manages to finish it or anything else...
I've never seen someone so butthurt about Cleve. Just get over it man.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yep, I'm necroing this thread.

For those who don't know yet. Cleve posted a new piece of Grimoire news on his website yesterday. My, he's such a tease!

http://grimoiresystems.com.au/goldenera/
Cleve said:
Final Walkthrough Begins

I am in the midst of a completely comprehensive walkthrough of the entire game, sweeping it up as I go, doublechecking everything personally, testing every chest and fountain, every secret button, pit, lever and dial.
When that is done and I have successfully completed the game in four modes without using any cheat codes, I will prepare the game for gamma testing by assembling the user acceptance team and setting up the new bugtracking facility on this site.
I don’t know when that will be. I am hoping January of 2011, first week or so, to start the new test team up with the current version.
Things are going very well right now. No crashes. No asserts or serious glitches and I am already through 20% of the total world. Lots of things to see I have not touched on in years. Rediscovered easter eggs I had forgotten about long ago. It’s fun to replay it in it’s final state.
:thumbsup:
I'm totally intrigued!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Shit, commie, what have you done. Now Cleve will read this, like your idea, and then spend another millenium trying to fit the new race into the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom