Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Fine. Don't take my word for it.

Bryce laughing spreads his wings.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
That from reading forum posts you can conclude that Fallout is being "overrated."

I conclude that Fallout is overrated from the fact that Fallout is no. 1 on all Codex vote-lists. If I think Fallout is not the best game ever, and Fallout is always voted "best game ever", then what the fuck is the word I'm looking for if not overrated?

You're telling me my sin was saying I disagreeing with public opinion - nothing more, nothing less. Go through that thread again - look at the sea of ad hominem and at the way it is flowing. Then tell me again I'm the arrogant one.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I conclude that Fallout is overrated from the fact that Fallout is no. 1 on all Codex vote-lists. If I think Fallout is not the best game ever, and Fallout is always voted "best game ever", then what the fuck is the word I'm looking for if not overrated?

You're telling me my sin was saying I disagreeing with public opinion - nothing more, nothing less. Go through that thread again - look at the sea of ad hominem and at the way it is flowing. Then tell me again I'm the arrogant one.
The problem is not understanding the poll data then. The #1 vote getter in the pole means it's the game the highest number of people believe is a top 25 RPG, not that they think it's the best one.

it is the best though

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
That from reading forum posts you can conclude that Fallout is being "overrated."

Who the fuck cares about public opinion? The fact that you even argue for the point of "overratedness" is itself stupid. Your sin is not disagreeing, but making the public opinion any part of the argument. Yes, you discuss normal topics at times in the topic, but then you go into drivel about it being overrated, which derails the topic. Who the fuck cares? Ranking games is stupid in the first place, without clear objective criteria.

Nobody cares what you think or anybody thinks is the best game ever. Nobody important, at least.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The huge walls of text are part of the problem, actually. And sorry if I am being annoying, but I like this place, and I want to help it be the best it can.

This place has rarely been less moderated than it is now.

For example, I think a big problem here is the lack of respect people have for each other.

So you'd like to enforce more respect, but you want no moderation? You're losing me here, chief.

But I do believe that banning people left and right will make it worse, not better.

My main man. Look at RPG Watch. It's a haven of respect bro. People there respect each other all day long. You know why? Because anybody showing an ounce of disrespect is banned. And you can be sure nothing of interest is ever argued.

You can't have your cake or eat it too (stupid expression, but you catch my drift).

This is one example of what I think is the problem with lack of respect. No, I don't actually mind you at all calling me a retard. What I do think is that you didn't even consider my position at all.

The above is another example of lack of respect. Despite me having argued your points several times throughout this thread and others, you still speak like I've never considered your position. You may speak politely and I may use words like retard, but the individual without respect here, is you Alex. You repeat the same arguments ad libitum despite the countless times you've been engaged in this discussion. But unlike you, we don't have the fucking gall to accuse the opposition of straight up inhumanity. We're just saying you must be dumb.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

The problem is not understanding the poll data then. The #1 vote getter in the pole means it's the game the highest number of people believe is a top 25 RPG, not that they think it's the best one.

Highlighted the important bit for you. You were saying?

Fallout showing up no. 1 on almost every. single. vote. That speaks pretty clearly. Even so, I don't see what this has to do with anything. Mangoose was calling me arrogant and challenging my integrity based on the sole fact that I said I thought Fallout was overrated. I challenge that regardless of other eventualities.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Who the fuck cares about public opinion? The fact that you even argue for the point of "overratedness" is itself stupid. Your sin is not disagreeing, but making the public opinion any part of the argument. Yes, you discuss normal topics at times in the topic, but then you go into drivel about it being overrated, which derails the topic. Who the fuck cares? Ranking games is stupid in the first place, without clear objective criteria.

Nobody cares what you think or anybody thinks is the best game ever. Nobody important, at least.

So now I'm an arrogant loser because I derailed a topic? On the Codex? What the fuck is your point man? You're rambling.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Can't we just retardo this thread and all go rage on something else, or even play stuff like Conquistador or Xenonauts? This is being harmful to the BROness of the Codex...

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Actually you fucking BR's are responsible for this whole thing and you've ruined this place just like every other MMO forum you descend upon.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Highlighted the important bit for you. You were saying?

Fallout showing up no. 1 on every. single. vote. ever done on the Codex speaks pretty clearly. Even so, I don't see what this has to do with anything. Mangoose was calling me arrogant and challenging my integrity based on the sole fact that I said I thought Fallout was overrated. I challenge that regardless of other eventualities.
This topic is shit, and I just like arguing. +M

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

So now I'm an arrogant loser because I derailed a topic? On the Codex? What the fuck is your point man? You're rambling.
If you actually read the entirety of my earlier posts instead of selecting only one line from them, you might see the train of thought. No, I'm not rambling, you're too busy typing instead of listening, talking with your hands over your ears. Can't figure it out? Try re-reading before jumping to a kneejerk reply.

stop being so arrogant to think that there are "general opinions" that you must change in the Codex
Is that clear enough? Public opinion is a stupid subject and it's pointless to argue about it.

But, yes, you are part of the problem. You are part of why I don't visit GRPG, because outside of one or two topics, it devolves into stupid shit-flinging about what's your favorite bullshit game. And typically, I can put shitposters on ignore.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But, yes, you are part of the problem. You are part of why I don't visit GRPG, because outside of one or two topics, it devolves into stupid shit-flinging about what's your favorite bullshit game. And typically, I can put shitposters on ignore.

Without examples, this is useless to me. You might think you've got me down, but the only reason I'm still posting is that I'm still not sure whether you have some legitimate interest here or whether you are just flinging shit. If you really wanted some kind of fruitful discussion, you're going about it in an awfully awkward way. The fact that you're tossing so much mud this way while calling me a shit-flinger certainly doesn't bode well.

If you can find examples of how I'm "part of the problem" in GRPG, maybe you can show me that you have a point. Otherwise, stop wasting my time.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
All fucking aspies must fucking hang.

animal-mother.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Without examples, this is useless to me. You might think you've got me down, but the only reason I'm still posting is that I'm still not sure whether you have some legitimate interest here or whether you are just flinging shit. If you really wanted some kind of fruitful discussion, you're going about it in an awfully awkward way. The fact that you're tossing so much mud this way while calling me a shit-flinger certainly doesn't bode well.

If you can find examples of how I'm "part of the problem" in GRPG, maybe you can show me that you have a point. Otherwise, stop wasting my time.
Lol, please, why would I be that interested in another poster to want to change them? Of course I'm shit flinging, I fling shit when I read stupid. Deal with it.

Anyways, I don't care if you ban or unban Frettie, but I find delightful schadenfreude because his posts ooze stupid more than the librul gang.

Now, the reason librul is censored and conservitard is not, is because nobody uses the latter. Incidentally, do you not notice that mainstream conservative news usually to treat the word "liberal" derogatorily, whereas mainstream liberal media uses the word "conservative" neutrally? It just seems so childish. "Obamacare," too. Couldn't you come up with something more clever?

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Why Jim Profit got banned? was he getting profit from the 'dex ? :yeah:

Alex

Arcane
This place has rarely been less moderated than it is now.

Maybe so, but I vividly remember DU mentioning you are banning more people than before.

So you'd like to enforce more respect, but you want no moderation? You're losing me here, chief.

I don't want to enforce respect, because I don't think that is even possible. Respect isn't about people being polite or deferring to each other, though that is a sign of it. Respect is something that people either have for each other or not. My point about respect is that people don't listen to each other anymore, they just post from their point of view as if they were lecturing, instead of discussing. I have been guilty of this myself sometimes, and I am not trying to point fingers and say you guys lack respect. I think it is a general problem here, and it is breaking down communication.

My main man. Look at RPG Watch. It's a haven of respect bro. People there respect each other all day long. You know why? Because anybody showing an ounce of disrespect is banned. And you can be sure nothing of interest is ever argued.

That is not respect, that is just "fear". Respect can, I believe, only be created by a mutual agreement with everyone, not by excluding people who don't show it.

You can't have your cake or eat it too (stupid expression, but you catch my drift).

This is one example of what I think is the problem with lack of respect. No, I don't actually mind you at all calling me a retard. What I do think is that you didn't even consider my position at all.

The above is another example of lack of respect. Despite me having argued your points several times throughout this thread and others, you still speak like I've never considered your position. You may speak politely and I may use words like retard, but the individual without respect here, is you Alex. You repeat the same arguments ad libitum despite the countless times you've been engaged in this discussion. But unlike you, we don't have the fucking gall to accuse the opposition of straight up inhumanity. We're just saying you must be dumb.

My point of the "accusation" is that you assume our source of disagreement comes from me being retarded, while I believe it is more a question of (slightly) different moral values. Aside from that, I don't see how I could be repeating the same arguments, since I've just brought up the question of respect now, which is something had been thinking since an earlier post where I tried to explain why I thought banning is against the "spirit of the Codex". I also had never before proposed we examine FretRider's "crimes" and try to come on an agreement about what is to be done about him.

I can understanding this might be a touchy subject, and the Codex looks a bit more tense today than usual, what is very tense indeed. But I was led to believe that FretRider's unbanning was something "on the table", which led me to begin talking about it again. Other than that, all I can say is, chill man! Although I made that comment just now, I do believe we have enough mutual respect to discuss this without really getting on each other's nerves. If this is something you would rather not discuss with me, because we can't get to a common ground or something, that is cool. If DU isn't really considering unbanning FretRider, that is cool too, this was just a waste of time, except as a political position post.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Can't we just retardo this thread and all go rage on something else, or even play stuff like Conquistador or Xenonauts? This is being harmful to the BROness of the Codex...
But...there are not many cRPG reasons to rage about these days. Look at all the incline after so many years! People want to rage but all they find in these Kickstarter threads are optimism and smiles. And that fills them with even more rage, so much that it is starting to spill everywhere.

I mean, look at that Conquistador thread! How dare they smile?? Those bastards, those fucking smiling bastards!! :x

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Alex said:
Maybe so, but I vividly remember DU mentioning you are banning more people than before.

I'm not banning anyone. But yes, we have more bans. And a very large increase in posters. How about that. You think those two might be related?

My point about respect is that people don't listen to each other anymore, they just post from their point of view as if they were lecturing, instead of discussing.

I call grade A fucking bullshit. At what point was the Codex not often a shouting match, except maybe in its infancy? (yet even then, the founder of this place went of ranting-rampages against others quite often is DU is to be believed) There are still good threads, there are still great discussions. Frankly, I find it a wee bit insulting that you discount all the fucking great discussions the two of us had. I certainly listened to you during those, and I hope I was extended the same bit of courtesy.

I think it is a general problem here, and it is breaking down communication.

You suggest something is wrong - breakdown of communications, lack of respect - yet when asked what to do about it, you say "nothing can be done." What's your suggestion here, Alex? What is it that you want? You think unbanning FretRider will bring back more respect? I guarantee you the reverse is true.

Other than that, all I can say is, chill man!

Again, stuff like this is why I think poiting that finger you've got pointed at me right back at yourself would do you some good. You tell me to chill right after a ton of posts basically saying this place is going to hell for banning a poster that has been banned several times through Codexian history.

Although I made that comment just now, I do believe we have enough mutual respect to discuss this without really getting on each other's nerves. If this is something you would rather not discuss with me, because we can't get to a common ground or something, that is cool. If DU isn't really considering unbanning FretRider, that is cool too, this was just a waste of time, except as a political position post.

*sigh*

Alex, I like you, but your persistence is as much a character flaw as my liber@l use of the word 'retarded'. I take you seriously, that's why I reply to you and not others. That's also why grinding the same two pieces of stone against each other with you is so fucking tiring.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom