Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

EG

Nullified
I'm quite impressed with the convoluted way you make it seem like I'm the arrogant one for simply stating my opinion on a Forum like this. So many retarded opinions stated everyday, and you go after me with an ad hominem simply based on the fact that my opinion targeted your favourite toy.

That'll show him! :lol:

Oh, it's growing:
I'm quite impressed with the convoluted way you make it seem like I'm the arrogant one for simply stating my opinion on a Forum like this, Mangoose. What exactly is arrogant about expressing my views of a game? Despite the retardo-tornado in that thread, I'm not even hurling any insults in it. Yet I'm the arrogant one?

So many retarded opinions stated everyday, and you go after me with an ad hominem simply based on the fact that my opinion targeted your favourite toy.

I'm not the arrogant one here. In fact I've often embarassed myself by admitting I was wrong here. To see my opinion of Fallout spillover into threads that aren't even remotely related to that discussion only confirms the belief you seem to think was wrong; I hurt a holy cow and that's all you're able to see now.

Judged upon who the merry quartet of Draco, HHR, dnf and Wiseau are brofisting, I'm don't feel too bummed out about it though.

:hmmm:

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
eFHaN6m.png

Repressed Homosexual
On one hand, Guido probably shouldn't have been banned to begin with. But on the other hand, right wing thought generally recognizes natural hierarchies in society. As such, it's probably not appropriate for a reactionary to engage in verbal personal attacks against our rightful King. It's probably not a good way to get him to take pity on you either.
And yet DU keeps dissing conservatards. He should close down the Site Feedback already.

True, he seemingly disliked so much Khor and me pointing out trends by lib-erals that he put a word filter, but yet we see comments like these.

Also I am always surprised to read over and over again how much of a curse conservative posters are, how much they ruin everything, even in many threads out of the blue. If these 10 or so enfants terribles were done away with, would discourse quality improve? Of course not, people would still be unsatisfied and new scapegoats would be created. It's all so over the top it's ridiculous.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wasn't Grunker unconditionally against dingdongbannu, BTW?

What, when?

I've commented that me and LundB have some 4 retardoed threads and less than that in deleted posts between us. Maybe that lead you to believe that I was. I've also defended Andhaira when he was on good behaviour... just like I did FretRider when he could control himself.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Alex is a bro.

Asking why Fretrider was banned less than a page after DU went into detail (again) about why Fretrider was banned was dumb however.

It's the equivalent of when you were 3 years old and decided to reply to all explanations from your parents with another "why?", just to see how long they would go on explaining increasingly inane concepts. DU just skipped the part where your exasperated mom went "because" and went straight to "go to your room!"

Was it tactless to frame it in an "all brazilians are dumb!" meme? Sure. But this is the codex. When did tact last enter into the equation?

In closing: RTFM or GTFO.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Something's not quite as it appears here. I don't think Banto is Fretrider (Bryce) at all.

Look here:

Banto said:
You allowed Trash to retardo the thread Helton begun [should be "began"] because you didn't want drama on site feedback. Now you try to stir more up.

Do you need to make more excuses? "He is a loony", "He is HHR's alt", "He asked to be banned" and otherbullshits [incorrect pluralization, awkward] are not sticking any more, several people want me to post on the regular again and you have no good excuse to keep me away. At this point there is no reason to keep me banned other than your pet poodle Trash not getting over the fact that 3 years ago I threatened to use his real name and pictures to troll him. He should just be grateful that I didn't and get over it. If I wanted to do such thing I would, both then and now. I even apologized BACK THEN, FUCKING YEARS AGO to the guy but it seems he can't get over it. He is got [should just be "has"] serious issues with me.

Plus the people who trolled Dicksmoker were not permabanned. Several people who asked to be banned(including Cleve) are active. Actually, go ahead and explain to me and my supporters why am I the only permabanned user ever along with Jim Profit. What exactly have I done that is so horrible and otherworldly [awkward]? Even mods can't understand it. Ask LundB , idonthavetimeforthiscrap and Alex, for instance. They will testify that I always complied with reasonable demands. That is why I remained active for so long, [<-- should be a semicolon here] you had no reason to ban me until Trash started to edit my posts and delete my threads and I complained about it. Actually, why is that reason for banning me again? [awkward wording here, should be "what is the reason for"]

I've highlighted several blatant grammatical errors, clear examples of what a non-native English speaker would make. While Bryce may be bilingual (or more), he's certainly no slouch when it comes to his prose. Banto's other entries ITT contain similar errors. That's not Bryce writing that.

To wit, and compare:

Fretrider (Bryce) said:
Honestly dude, I just had to register another account and say it to you personally and privately. Back when it happened I had this on my mind.

I followed the rules, I had some 50 people requesting that I remain active on the forums and I was even willing to pay for it. I did pay for it, with actual money. And you still banned me. The only permabanned user ever after Jim Profit. It was personal, right? It was because I made fun of your degenerate appearance, mensa t-shirt and the fact that you are obviously a chronic masturbator who suffers from low self-steem issues. You got genuinely offended. It is pathetic, but it must be true.

At this point everyone knows you are using these forums as your little personal micro e-penis playground. A bro told me you had more than half the forum requesting Gaysun to be demoted and still couldn't do it because he is the most sycophantic mod next to Trash and constantly sucks your cock and praises you. And then you ban people who humiliate you like I did.

Just admit it. If this weren't personal you would take my money and let me post. After all, it is money and you have dozens of people requesting it. This is a private conversation and I won't post with this account. I registered another alt but I will abandon it. I will not post with this account and you don't have to ban it to chickenshit your way out of this. I just want to honestly know it from you, no reason for the average weaseling and lies that you did when I complained on site feedback. Man to man, admit you are a faggot or else explain to me why exactly you are so butthurt about me and try such desperate measures to keep me away from the forums.

Everything about the above passage conveys an ease with English and a very Western or even American usage of it. Extremely casual in its style. Notice how he's always consistent with things like the capitalization of "Gaysun" and other things like that. I have no doubt Bryce actually wrote that.

I don't know who Banto is and I'm not sure I even care, but whoever he is he's trolling DU pretty well. My guess would be it's Bryce's neighbor or something like that.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Plenty of grammar errors in the second quote.

He starts a sentence with "and" and it isn't not a clause leading to the rest of the sentence. And in case you didn't know, that's the only correct way to start a sentence with "and". He does this twice.

In the 3rd paragraph the first sentence "Just admit it" is not a complete sentence.

He uses "but" to create a new clause, but doesn't have a comma.

The final two sentences are both run-ons, as is the 2nd sentence in the 3rd paragraph.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Your examples of incorrect grammar are noted, but are irrelevent. The casual breakage of traditional and formal grammatical rules, especially on an internet message board, are not things that would lead one to believe their author were non-native English. I do those things all the time when I write here, and I was born in Ohio.

My point is that Banto's prose is awkward and sounds distinctly Spanish in its slant. It's like talking to a Mexican who's lived in LA for ten years; he's got the lingo down, but you can easily tell he's not from there.

Fretrider is much smarter and is a better writer than whoever Banto is. They're not the same person, I'm telling you.

Alex

Arcane
Sorry to be a pain, but if you can't be bothered reading five posts that I directly linked to that clearly point out and articulate the reasons why your girlfriend was banned (I even use nice clear dot points for you retards), then you aren't really worth discussing this with.

We've been over this five times in this thread already. I really need to make it a sixth? Why, can't you read? And if you can't be bothered reading those, where's my guarantee you'll even be bothered reading it if I post the same thing again? Because that's all I'd be doing.

Perhaps you'd like me to draw you a chart?

All I was asking was for a clear and concise list of grievances condensed on a single post so we ca discuss them better. I thought this would be easier for you to do than me, given I imagine you have them at the forefront of your brain, while I would need to dig them through 5 posts plus their context.

If that is not the case, or if you consider even this to be too much effort, I can understand it, but there is no need to be derisive or unpolite. I will gladly go through the posts myself, however I will only have time for that on the weekend.

Refer rules, shit poster. If that's not clear enough for you, then too bad. He knows what behaviour he should be trying to avoid. I listed it very, very clearly. This is the fourth period we've been over this with. First it was with KnightRider and then he promised to be good. Then it was Schattenjager. Then it was FretRider.

"Shitposting" seems like a bad reason to ban anyone. At least if we are to remain a diverse community. We have people with very different views of the world, and most of them find any view different of their own "shit". Therefore, if shitposting is in the rules as a bannable offense, I would say we should either overturn the rule or at the very least make it clear and reduce the associated penalty.

Take, for example, Roguey. I actually consider a lot of what he (or she, whatever) posted to be "shitposts", in that he brings up concerns that have little to nothing to do with game making (such as feminism, or fat shaming, or whatever), or that they come from a design position so different from my own that there is little to discuss.

That doesn't mean I want him to be banned. In fact, I understand his recent review of IWD, at least according to Grunker, is pretty decent. I haven't read it yet (I am a bit pressed for time this week), but my point is that he contributed to the site because he has a different point of view. In fact, who knows, I might be able to understand something I didn't before and maybe even appreciate more the games he like for that.

Every single account was given a chance, and every single account was eventually banned. FretRider doesn't deserve a fifth chance. He's proven that he doesn't deserve to be here.

How many times do you retarded monkeys need to be told something? Do hard-core conservative brains not work correctly? Why are you so confused about this? Or is this just a Brazilian thing?

I believe I have managed to not offend a single person in this forum. I guess I might have annoyed some with my sense of humor, or with my persistence. And I remember once even coming off as "false" when I was discussing with Volourn. But I don't think I've ever called someone names or implied bad things by what I was saying. I would appreciate if you could return the favor.

Furthermore, as an aside, I am not sure why you think I am a conservative. I am, if that is what set you off, religious, but that doesn't mean I align myself politically with the right. I do also think that "liberal" policies frequently try to change things without giving enough thought as to why things were done the way they were. But I agree mostly with anarchist political movements, though I do think distributivism might be a good idea.

Of the amount of chances being given, I believe people always deserve a second chance, though this is my personal view on forgiveness. I do think, however, that some kind of proof of good will or punishment might be in order, I just don't think baning should be it, nor anything degrading...

If Bryce has dementia and can't remember more than three seconds ago, that's not my problem. I even linked to warnings made against his posts. So you can stop with the pretend "oh, he's just an innocent victim" bullshit.(...)

In fact, this is why I posted my request in first place, so we can go over what Fretrider's grievances are and come to terms as to what kind of terms should be set up for him to return. I don't want to argue he is innocent, although I would like to know what exactly he is guilty of. I would only argue he is innocent if all the grievances were things I don't agree with being rules in first place, such as shit posting.

He was warned, clearly and specifically. He's a shit-poster. He posts nothing but shit. And he spams the same shit again and again and again. Spammers die.

Now read his last few posts (if you poor Brazilian brain can handle that). Note how it's just the same message again and again and again. "Trash. Trash vs Sheek. DU is butthurt. Trash. Why was I banned? Nobody wanted me banned." Notice how he doesn't even bother addressing any points?

Good, at least we have an actual grievance. I agree that spamming messages without even paying attention to what the other people are saying is a problem. It makes the forum hard to read for everyone else and goes nowhere (I hope people won't find me guilty of doing the same thing last time I was arguing with Draq, though). And I even agree to certain point that FretRider may be guilty of it, in that I've seen a few of his posts where he seemed to have just skimmed the other people's points, or ignored them. I am not convinced, however, that he did this out of bad faith. Still, now we have this point, we can try to come up with an appropriate "punishment" for that.

Those five posts I linked to explain every single point he raised more than adequately, even using his own points to dismiss them. And now I've got another retarded Brazilian monkey here who finds it too hard to read because gosh, it's lots. Yeah. We've talked about this a lot. How many more times will we need to talk about it before you idiots get the message?

Again, no need for insults. Other than that, what I said before is still valid, I just asked for you to do it because I imagined it would be easier for you than to me. Throughout this whole thread, people have kept heckling on, commenting and making fun of the situation. My hope is to start a calm conversation so we can properlydiscuss what is the problem here and how we should go about solving.

Bryce doesn't learn. The first thing he does is come back, and send me a PM telling me how much of a shit I am and how butthurt I must be but oh, can I unban him now? By the way did I know he still thinks Trash is still a miserable shit-cock? Then he MASS MESSAGES everyone he can (so much that he actually triggered some warning messages in XenForo) with the exact same bullshit he tried before. "Oh, I'm a changed man, I know that now - by the way Trash, shitcock, butthurt unban me plz".

I don't think he argued he was changed. I think part of the problem here is that he doesn't agree with your view of him, that he is in the right on all these instances. He did agree to tone down the name calling a bit, though. It is my hope that by discussing this calmly, we can all agree on a core set of what his bad behavior was and try to agree how we can go about changing that.

So if you're serious, you can take the time and read those posts I link to. If you have some issue about anything in them, or another point you'd like to raise, then by all means do so. But "Trash", "Trash vs Sheek", "some people like me!" have all been addressed, are all old news and have all been dealt with. We had our reasons for banning him the first umpteen times, if you can't be bothered finding out what they are, why should I bother even listening to you?

Fair enough. Also, let me thank you for not using ad hominems here...

I'm not going to waste my time with retarded idiots who don't even bother to actually read up on the person they're supposedly trying to help.

Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true.

Alex you are retardedly obnoxious here. It's one thing that you wouldn't even ban spammers and IRL stalkers, it's another to keep asking why when you have huge walls of text explaining it throughout this thread. We get that you got a chip on your shoulder already. Fuck off or start your own forum if you can't even bear the banning of one poster who was obviously here to troll.

Jesus Christ.

The huge walls of text are part of the problem, actually. And sorry if I am being annoying, but I like this place, and I want to help it be the best it can. Our views on what best is can vary, though. For example, I think a big problem here is the lack of respect people have for each other. I don't mean people should be polite all the time, or even at any time, as this was never the case around here. But even if people were rude, they at least respected enough each other to argue things, and this is disappearing. Heck, I am guilty of that myself, why, I have skipped several posts around simply because I expect people to be repeating the same things over and over.

I don't know how to best solve this problem. But I do believe that banning people left and right will make it worse, not better.

Alex is one of the most polite and constructive posters on RPG Codex, while you are unable to maintain civility over a minor disagreement. It seems that you are the one with a chip on a shoulder.
When you keep politely asking for the same thing over and over, eventually it just stops being polite.

I do believe this is the first time I asked for a list of grievances, although a strong memory was never a quality of mine. Still, I think you are talking about Fret's return, which is a fair enough complaint. But I am under the impression this is actually something on the table here, which is why I asked for the list in first place.

Alex is one of the most polite and constructive posters on RPG Codex, while you are unable to maintain civility over a minor disagreement. It seems that you are the one with a chip on a shoulder.
When you keep politely asking for the same thing over and over, eventually it just stops being polite.

Yeah, and because of that DU is going hardcore on brazilians.
My :butthurt: is going astronomical here.

EDIT: And dnf doesn't help either.

Well, sorry, but if DU is going to judge nationalities instead of people, that is his problem, not mine.

Firstly, Alex' insistance is less polite and more like the incessant persistence of a child that doesn't listen to the reply of others. Alex just keeps repeating the same sentence over and over.

I think (feel free to correct me) that you are referring to my previous comments where I have shown support for a less "ban happy" approach to moderation. I did indeed make some posts that went nowhere, and I a sorry if those were annoying to read. I do feel that some of my posts touched issues that are worth discussing, such as what is the best policy for the Codex, how can we keep its free spirit and so on. I imagine those can be annoying to read too, as they took a long time to get where they were going. I am sorry for that too, but the reason it started so is because I had no idea where I was going before I started posting. In fact, this is one of the reasons I like posting here, because discussion may make you realize points about your own position you didn't realize in first place.

Secondly, his "politeness" only proves that civility and retardation can go hand in hand without problems.

If you think politeness is so important, RPG Watch is a fine site for you. Which incidentally is the last place where somebody attacked my "tone" instead of my argument because they didn't want to participate in the actual substance of the discussion.

Alex is a bro in most contexts, and we cooperated very well on the P&P interviews the Codex did. But I'm not a big enough faggot to not call someone out on their retardation just because we respect each other in some other context. I'm not the WCDS holding hands with my "allies" - I'm not brown-nosing. My opinion is that Alex is retarded in this instance, and thus I voice it.

This is one example of what I think is the problem with lack of respect. No, I don't actually mind you at all calling me a retard. What I do think is that you didn't even consider my position at all.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore. Fretrider didn't really cause many problems for me within Politics, it's a pity he doesn't seem able to avoid being the focal point of massive and pointless Site Feedback drama.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Why such a simple matter keeps spawning those Walls of Text? Why is the Codex pretending to be a Republic?

SCENE: A thread at the RPG Codex.
A shout is heard, "Unban FretRider!"
"No, he is a shitposter" - says DarkUnderlord.
THE END.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Fretrider should certainly be unbanned. It's been many many months already.

What really appears to get under Gret's skin is Trash, sooo maybe tell Trash to stop editing his posts?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I'm quite impressed with the convoluted way you make it seem like I'm the arrogant one for simply stating my opinion on a Forum like this, Mangoose. What exactly is arrogant about expressing my views of a game? Despite the retardo-tornado in that thread, I'm not even hurling any insults in it. Yet I'm the arrogant one?
Because you weren't stating your opinion just to state your opinion, you stated your opinion because you found it overrated, in your own words. In other words, you only spoke up because you did not like what you thought the general opinion was. Yes, you are arrogant in that you believe you can surmise peoples opinions and motives based on text. That from reading forum posts you can conclude that Fallout is being "overrated." That from reading @Alex's post you say he is being trying to be annoying and impolite. So yes, you are arrogant in always assuming what someone's opinions are, as if you have magical intuition.

I hurt a holy cow and that's all you're able to see now.
Except I hardly find Fallout holy. Or my favorite toy. See? This right here. This is you being arrogant enough to infer my opinion on a game based on a related but separate argument. Control of a single unit in turn based pisses me off. Fallout combat sucks. Favorite toy my ass. This is you thinking that I'm disagreeing with your opinion when it's just your method that is retarded and I disagree with.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore. Fretrider didn't really cause many problems for me within Politics, it's a pity he doesn't seem able to avoid being the focal point of massive and pointless Site Feedback drama.
The point is that not only is he unable to avoid drama, he's actively seeking it. Ban the guy, ban his alts, then invite him back to talk peace just to ban him again.

EG

Nullified
On one hand, Guido probably shouldn't have been banned to begin with. But on the other hand, right wing thought generally recognizes natural hierarchies in society. As such, it's probably not appropriate for a reactionary to engage in verbal personal attacks against our rightful King. It's probably not a good way to get him to take pity on you either.
And yet DU keeps dissing conservatards. He should close down the Site Feedback already.

True, he seemingly disliked so much Khor and me pointing out trends by lib-erals that he put a word filter, but yet we see comments like these.

Also I am always surprised to read over and over again how much of a curse conservative posters are, how much they ruin everything, even in many threads out of the blue. If these 10 or so enfants terribles were done away with, would discourse quality improve? Of course not, people would still be unsatisfied and new scapegoats would be created. It's all so over the top it's ridiculous.

Fanatics, regardless of being liberal or conservative, must be purged.

Does Drama hurt the Codex so much? News and Reviews as well as computer rpg discussions (aka the important bits) remained untouched by Fretrider and other sorts of political flame wars/drama.

He is gonna take his views back into gd, where most of the fanaticism is contained. Unban him and let this be over.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
My point is that Banto's prose is awkward and sounds distinctly Spanish in its slant. It's like talking to a Mexican who's lived in LA for ten years; he's got the lingo down, but you can easily tell he's not from there.

ITT we find out crispy can detect the difference between colon and semicolon in speech and using one instead of the other is a dead giveaway for a mexican.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom