Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This place has rarely been less moderated than it is now.
Maybe so, but I vividly remember DU mentioning you are banning more people than before.
It's a common myth that we never used to ban anyone. If you want the classic example, look for Sheriff_Fatman. He was one of the earliest posters banned by Saint_Proverbius because he was posting one thing on Duck and Cover, and the exact opposite on the Codex. In short, he was trolling. That's all he was here for. He wasn't actually giving his genuine opinion, he existed just to stir shit up.

The Codex, despite the trolling and baiting that occurs, exists for discussion. If we get a hint that you're not here to actually discuss anything and instead can only post things consisting of (for example) "LIBRULS ARE SHIT", to the point that's all your posts consist of. Then you go one further and whinge to me about why your shit was Retardo'd (like you're too stupid to figure it out), chances are you'll get Watch-witzed. Keep it up still, and you're likely to get queued. Keep that up, and you're likely to get banned.

Once we ban you, we have a tendency to keep banning you.

Now, you've asked for "the reason why we ban FretRider". And you want the short version... So here goes.

February 5, 2005

The story of FretRider (aka Guido Fawkes) begins with a user called bryce777, who registered in 2005. I'll cut a long story short and simply link this thread: obligatory ban/kill bryce777 petition. The jist you should get from that is:
- It was largely considered that Bryce did not enhance the forum experience by contributing to discussion.
- Bryce constantly registered alts.
- Bryce constantly shit-posted.
- Nobody particularly valued Bryce's presence.

Read Phelot's short story "Speculative fiction: A Horrific Alternate Reality" for more of an understanding of Bryce (keeping in mind it's an alternate reality). You can also get the summary here. You'll note he's in the troll section - and I'll make an important note here that most of the users mentioned in the troll and spamming sections of that list have ended up getting banned at some point, to give you an indication of the sort of user Bryce was and what usually ends up happening to those users.

IE: Bryce has received no special or unique treatment. He in fact has gotten the same treatment as many similar users.

Now, have you noticed how FretRider continues to bang on about the Sheek vs Trash incident? Well the very first incident of that, and in fact the thread that created the meme was A funny PM I got from roqua, started by one of Bryce's more well-known alts, Jim Kata.

Now I can't recall the exact when and where of Bryce's banning but eventually he was banned. He constantly registered alts and tried to come back and we kept banning him.

Dec 15, 2008

Some years later, a new user called Knightrider appeared. KnightRider insulted everyone and anything. In fact, that was all he ever did. He then started making false apologies and swearing that he had changed (note the line "unlike my previous trolling persona"). He was insincere. The large number of posts KnightRider ended up with in Retardo Land should give you an indication as to the sort of user he was.

Oh yeah, and this is back in the heady days of 2008 when we didn't have as many moderators and admins as we do now.

If you think thins have changed with how we deal with annoying users, you should know that we tagged him, gave him a custom avatar (a topless David Hasselhoff wearing speedo's) and tried various other remedies. Instead of banning KnightRider, I reset his password and gave it to another user called Chefe. As you can appreciate, this caused Knightrider immense butthurt. To the point that I got PMs from his alts insulting me, Trash, etc... Much like I get from FretRider today.

Eventually though, he disappeared and things calmed down once again.

Feb 20, 2010

Shortly after the disappearance of KnightRider, Schattenjäger appeared. Schattenjäger did nothing but call people names and hate Trash. To the point that he constantly spammed topics about Trash in every forum.There are literally at least 50 topics with the same title / content as those two threads in Retardo Land. Feel free to search for all posts by Schattenjäger that are in Retardo Land in order to get a better feel for the type of user he was. He also had a thing for Wyrmlord and stalking people in general.

Schattenjäger was the quintessential shit-poster. I don't believe he ever made a single post that wasn't calling some user out, trolling, some stalkerish bullshit or utter shite in general. When he spammed, that was the final straw. Spammers die and so as a result, Schattenjäger was banned.

May 15, 2012

When FretRider (who asked to have his account renamed to Guido Fawkes during his tenure here) arrived, it didn't take long to figure out who it was and we banned him. We instituted a "zero bryce tolerance policy".

FretRider said he understood: "I understand how my days of tranny trolling, spamming and terrorizing the codex have set this kind of thing in motion. But I sincerely want to come back as a productive poster who follows the rules."

He apologised: "I would be willing to apologize for any offence I have done to Jason, Darkunderlord, Trash, Jaesun or the trannies. I never meant to be such a hated foe of yours. It was just trolling and I left that behind. This is not a trap like the ones I set many times."

And he made the terms and conditions of over-turning his ban crystal clear: " If I do anything wrong you can obviously insta-ban my account and delete all my posts again. I won't." He still shit-posted on people's profiles mind you.

He admitted that KnightRider was: "a hardcore trolling account from the start".

And he said to Wyrmlord: "What I did to you was pretty torrid trolling. You got it worse than the trannies even. My last apology wasn't sincere, but this one is."

I made it clear, back then, what the difference was between shitposting and having a discussion:

No, more that there's a difference between:

a) Having a discussion where you actually debate your point of view.

- and -

b) Calling everyone you reply to a undomesticated snowman shitcock who's too sensitive, attacking everyone and everything in most posts you make, of which you make 50+ per day. Particularly hunting people down and posting shit on their profile's about why they're such miserable people or some such nonsense. Or especially when the vast, overwhelming majority of their posts are in GD. Making a bare handful of reasonable posts in other forums doesn't save them.

Reason b) is why Andhaira is stuck in the moderation queue. b) is not here to "discuss" anything with anyone. b) is here to troll (Alternatively, if you really do hate everyone who's here, than banning you is doing you a favour). Incidentally, Andhaira too created umpteen different variations of his account until we eventually just tired of him and cut his rope because every thread he created or posted in resulted in an immediate de-railment with only image macro replies and a thread destined for Retardo Land.

As you said, people like that have pretty much been trolling all along. Particularly when they have a history of such.

Put another way: Apparently you hate everything - or everything is a undomesticated snowman shitcock conspiracy - and you need to tell us about it. Constantly. And we've passed the point where we care. Bush did 911. Which is better and why?

[...]

You'll find there's a direct correlation to how much crap you post and how many people choose to ignore you. It's not quality sunshine, it's quantity. And it doesn't matter if it's left-wing, right-wing or images from your retarded game development project. You spam, you get ignored. And I nuke spammers with impudence.

I even had a very detailed discussion with him when he joined and he insisted he would "tone it down" this time. Notice how again, in this very thread, he's admitted the same problem he said he would deal with before: "One point where I am indeed wrong and several supporters have pointed out to me(specially HHR)is that I swear too much and use personal insults too often. I actually picked them up pretty heavily on you, DarkUnderlord and specially did it often with Trash. It's not like I'm going to take back my mensa t-shirt jokes and it's not like my opinion of Trash will improve or anything, but I certainly shouldn't be calling others "faggots", "degenerates", "assholes", "worthless scum" and else so frequently. It is just not elegant anyway.

That is going to be improved upon if this permanent banishment thing ends."

Yet FretRider reverted to the same form he exhibited as Schattenjäger, making spammy topics about Trash. And he had plenty of warnings.

Now, here's the kicker: Guido Fawkes is @FretRider is Knightrider is Schattenjäger is Jim Kata is bryce777.

The link between bryce and FretRider occured via e-mail to my rpgcodex mail address, when just a day after banning FretRider once again, bryce emailed me completely out of the blue asking to have his old account back. Bryce's IP traces to a location in Brazil just north of Uruguay, various IP's FretRider has used over the years trace to the same location - and mostly Brazil. I hardly consider that a co-incidence.

He is a user who has a seven year history of doing nothing but shit-posting and causing trouble. He has a regular pattern of apologising and pretending he's changed before reverting to his old habits. He is not a user I want on the Codex. If you really can't understand that, and you really have difficulty grasping the reasons why we've repeatedly banned him, then I really don't know how else I can explain it to you.

That's the short version.

As a general rule, if we ban your account, and we spot another account from you, we ban it on sight. We've been doing it with Orgasm for the past few months until he toned it down. We didn't have to ask him to tone it down, he figured it out and did. Bryce can't seem to figure it out.

How many more times do I accept his apologies, apologies we've accepted before, only to see him break that apology mere days later? How many more chances do you think this guy needs? No really, you tell me how many chances I should give bryce. I'd really like to know here. Put a number on it. You want me to accept he's changed? I already have. Three times. So you give me the number of apologies you'd accept from someone for something, only to have them turn around and do the exact thing they apologised for again and again and again? You tell me how many times you'd accept that.

I believe I've been far more than reasonable.[/url]

So this lemonade stand is worth $500K, DU? And yet we have to pay for the server upkeep out of our own pockets? No more free rides!
Yeah, not sure where he's getting that figure from. The gold bricks in Taluntain's home alone are worth at least $2 Trillion.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
e-mail reply by FretRider/Bryce/Etc

"Whow, that is golden. Only DU himself to write that immense wall of text saying nothing, not addressing any point and then categorically claim that he won't "waste his time". What time? Aren't you unemployed and without occupation? You were the one who revived this thread anyway! Because you felt you needed to justify yourself or wanted more drama. You could have just kept banning me and deleting my posts. Actually, you allowed me to reply and now that you got on a corner you banned me again. Don't you think that is kind of contradictory?
Any way, "shitposter" is not what I am. That is another bullshit excuse you will have to abandon. If I were a "shitposter" I would be universally despised and wouldn't have supporters. You know what a shitposter is? Someone like your lackey Gaysun and many others in this thread, who posts one-liners without content straight up and are ACTUALLY nearly universally despised. Fucking Gaysun is immensely less "popular" than me if that's any worth.
Most of my posts were in politics and gd. Why does the subjective quality of my posts matter so much anyway?There was nothing wrong with my posting in adventure, playground and other forums. The question remains, why am I the only permabanned user ever alongside Jim Profit? What is my horrible crime?"

He broke the laws of lib-rulz
so they checked his priviledge
Took his GD Access
Banned his ass

Bound in an alt
left only with SF
Sees his threads retardo'ed
Circling lower, the snowmens laugh

These alts may be banned
but the butthurt can't die
And the Gods see his anguish
and give him a sign
From the abyss of GD
the WCDS rise
And they take him
where no one fists when the librouls post
where no one fists when the librouls post

And in the forums above
the faggots sing
In his thread they post
Let ITZ' bell ring...

He was met at the gate of Politics
By the True Patriots
Defenders of Western Civilization
The Defence Squad said to him

"Let ye not pass, FretRider
Return to the thread which you made
and seek payment
not only for your own butthurt
but to vindicate the butts
of WCDS"

And they placed in his hands
a sword made for him called
'Mensa'
forged in itzstone
and tempered by the cumstains on Martin's shirt
and to carry him on his journey
back to the SF thread
they brought forth
his new alt
called REDACTED
a new scheme
so hidden from sight
and large in number
that it could plot with many
in darkness

And on that night
they rode
up from Watchwitz
the march of incline
did clap like thunder

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
Woah. Resemblance to cases from the Mask of Sanity by Cleckley is pretty clear.

41s5HwMr6iL._SL500_.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Woah. Resemblance to cases from the Mask of Sanity by Cleckley is pretty clear.

41s5HwMr6iL._SL500_.jpg

You can freely download it as it was released into the public domain by his heirs. And yeah, the resemblance is striking. :lol:

The opinion has often been expressed that the Psychopath, who in some ways
seems to behave like a badly spoiled child, might he helped if he could be put in a
controlled situation and allowed to feel the unpleasant consequences of his mistakes or
misdeeds regularly, as he commits them.
With this patient such a policy was pursued and the effort was protracted to
remarkable lengths. Such a plan of treatment or reeducation perhaps may accomplish a
good deal with some patients of this type. With Arnold it yielded no discernible fruits,
His parole was restored time after time. He expressed a clear understanding that
he was obligated not to leave the hospital grounds. Each time, in accordance with his
past behavior, he would promptly disappear. After a few hours, several days, or perhaps
a week, the police would call to say they had him in custody. Back on his ward he
seemed properly regretful and immediately expressed confidence in himself, explaining
that the last misadventure had served as the lesson he needed.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
What does he moderate nowadays? He does OK if he sticks to Tacticular Cancer nobody posts there, no reason to throw a tantrum. Put him back in GD or any other active forum and watch him change

Also Bryce is a loser true, but I don't think you can call him conservative

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
What does he moderate nowadays? He does OK if he sticks to Tacticular Cancer nobody posts there, no reason to throw a tantrum. Put him back in GD or any other active forum and watch him change
Hey dumbfuck.
General Discussion
Talk about whatever you like that isn't gaming related. CRPG related stuff goes in the General RPG Forum. The MMORPG stuff goes in its forum. The strategy and adventure stuff go in those respective forums. Other games go into General Gaming forum. Otherwise, have fun. REGISTERED MEMBERS ONLY
Moderators: JarlFrank, idonthavetimeforthiscrap, Trash
Not to mention the other forums.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Well he must not be very active I haven't noticed him... dude is slacking, maybe DU should find a moderator who does his job

BTW me and Trash signed a peace treaty three or four years ago we've been good friends since then. This is just some impartial commentary, feedback to help improve moderation on this site

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We can't dumbfuck sheek until the undisputed queen of faggotry tag makes a triumphant return. It just wouldn't be right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom