Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters
Neanderthal mercenaries with titanium bones and jewish priests with unique DNA.

EDIT: HHR is not bad though. The only thing I can remember was that antic about his son being born on Christmas.

EG

Nullified
Is it ironic that supposed conservatives are attempting to flaunt rules and impart a more liberal policy? o_O

I still don't get why Moribund, Fret Rider, HHR!, etc. are called "trolls".

Anyone who stirs up shit is a troll. There is no mystery here.

Which, of course, means I'm also a troll for goading FretRider in the beginning of this thread.

HHR is more of a special case; he supports trolls rather than trolls himself.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Because I don't know if you really noticed but DNF, the guy you are defending just did a one liner about another person.
I don't like Jaesun's trolling antics, so sue me.
Nah, you can say all you want and I will say all I want too. No harm done. ;)
But Moribund just attacked me saying that I just post about others and have posted no content whatsoever.
One thing is to call me a retarded shitposter (which is fine), another completely different is to say that I just troll all the time and that I never ever posted anything of value. :mad:

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera

Trolls are people who regularly post in such a way to get a reaction from others, instead of constructively participating in a discussion. Guido often made posts to provoke reactions from the people, though he used to post constructively as well. Some may think HHR is trolling due to the evangelical style of his posts, not due to their substance. I am personally not bothered by their posts, I agree with some, disagree with others, it's normal that different people hold different opinions. I voted for the "Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics" option. However, he should not resort to personal attacks like the one against Trash.

I consider Moribund a troll and a shitposter because he tends to participate in the Science forum with made up theories that he read about in Daily Fail. When asked to back his theories by citing credible sources, i.e. published research, he links to Dialy Fail articles and fringe blogs (which wouldn't be a problem if they contained links to credible sources, instead of just making up stories and going with their own flow). He puts GD into a non-GD discussion.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing Moribund for the return of Guido.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Trolls are people who regularly post in such a way to get a reaction from others, instead of constructively participating in a discussion. Guido often made posts to provoke reactions from the people, though he used to post constructively as well. Some may think HHR is trolling due to the evangelical style of his posts, not due to their substance. I am personally not bothered by their posts, I agree with some, disagree with others, it's normal that different people hold different opinions. I voted for the "Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics" option. However, he should not resort to personal attacks like the one against Trash.

I consider Moribund a troll and a shitposter because he tends to participate in the Science forum with made up theories that he read about in Daily Fail. When asked to back his theories by citing credible sources, i.e. published research, he links to Dialy Fail articles and fringe blogs. He puts GD into a non-GD discussion.

Fretty is the worst of the worst, you just don't mind him because of religion probably while you want Jack banned for daring questioning Science, while is true that Jack goes overboard most of the time his antics are funny, at least for me, the only bad trait he shares with Fretty is his penchant for personally attacking Jaesun.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Most people here want complete freedom from authority and freedom to behave however they want, that's why they react so much to social conservatives who imply that authority must be respected and there are strict moral standards to adhere to.
So really this is a lesson for FretRider in respecting authority. Moral standards here include: Don't be a shit poster who throws abuse around at everyone without any substance.

It's a valuable lesson for him to learn.

It took four pages filled with butthurt and drama before FretRider must have grown disgusted with it and specifically asked to be banned.
It's a terrible pity that FretRider has grown disgusted with the Codex. I wish him the best with his life in Uruguay.

FretRider's thread was originally about the question of whether or not Trash is an incompetent/irresponsible moderator who should be demoted.
Technically, FretRider also asked to be made a mod.

Whether he handled it poorly or not, this is a completely legitimate topic of discussion that belongs in Site Feedback.
It was also the second such thread he had created in Site Feedback in as many days.

Someone with admin powers edited this thread in a manner that completely changed this topic into yet another personal attack and attempt at bullying on FretRider. Crooked Bee seemed to indicate it was him/her/it. The admin edited two very specific things - the thread title and poll options, neither of which can be edited back by a regular poster. And this was before the thread had even reached the end of page 1.
Oh, poor FretRider. I didn't know he couldn't handle personal attacks. Odd though, given how easily he dishes them out... He must just be a poor victim of misdirected hate.

Trash's edits, by the way, are far more harmless than this. Trash usually adds a line or two of moronic nonsense to a regular post, which are 1. very obvious 2. don't alter the course of discussion 3. can be changed back by the user. This thread edit, on the other hand, was malicious and totalitarian, because it precluded people from voicing their agreement or disagreement with FretRider's opinion of Trash. If you took Trash's post editing privileges for harmlessly pranking Nomask, what should you do to the person who permanently ruined FretRider's completely legitimate appeal to the admins, and threatened him with bannation instead?
Going by the number of brofists my "'k" post got, unlikely. Again, if your argument is that a poll about banning FretRider would somehow see overwhelming support for him, I think you're mistaken. Take a look at the one in this thread. It's not in his favour. Not by a long shot. And by the way, it's not like all these supporters couldn't just come out and like, post their support in the thread or something. Like they have.

And minor side point, since when have we ever listened to polls?

It's like, the split second someone sees anything negative being said about a moderator/administrator on this forum, it is immediately edited/deleted/nuked/dismembered/exorcised.
Saying something negative about a mod: "Trash is editing my posts. He edited this thread topic, to that. Can I know why this is happening and have it stopped?"

Shitposting: HE'S FULL OF LIBRUL HOMOSEXUAL RAGE DUE TO HIS FAILURES IN LIFE.
This is the normal mode of interaction on the Codex. People insult each other, troll each other, call each other names, use political labels, and generally act in ways that would have had them committed in real life. Why should you demand a greater degree of reason and civility from FretRider, than from virtually all the other posters? Because he's far better at trolling?
I highlighted the answer to your question. If I genuinely believed that FretRider was here to have real, genuine discussion on issues, things might be different. He's made it clear that all he's here for though is hurling abuse around like a drunken sailor.

And that's all fine and dandy...

... until you take a shit in my Site Feedback forum.

Because that's you, asking me to deal with it. Well surprise, surprise when how I choose to deal with it may not be in your favour.

FretRider knew damn well what he was in for back when he grovelled for his account last year. That's because we had banned him and identified his alt. We had no intention of unbanning him. We allowed him to post on a very short leash. He has well and truly gone beyond that leash. Stop playing this "Oh he's so innocent, he's a victim" line.
That doesn't mean you can constantly yank his chain with bullying and threats of bannation. Whether he's innocent or not, he was indeed a victim of group cyber-bullying on the part of admins/mods of this forum.
Again, attempts to paint him as the poor innocent victim don't work. I've read his posting history. He's attacked anyone and everyone he could. I didn't even have anything to do with the editing of his thread, poll or anything and he's even attempted to throw some abuse at me in this thread.

If he wants to do that, he needs to know I might bite back. Poor him.

You were the one just saying that this is all in the nature of the Codex, right?

P.S. Before you say "if FretRider asked to be banned, he should stay banned" - no, that's just a pretext.
No, FretRider only being here to troll, creating more headaches than are necessary (I have better things to do with my spare time, like complete a donation system which will benefit everyone - rather than waste that time dealing with FretRider's bullshit), and his attitude not just in this thread but virtually every other thread he's created, plus his history as a troll and his past pattern of behaviour, are enough to warrant keeping him banned.

If FretRider doesn't want to post on the Codex, he won't post here even if he's unbanned.
And he won't post here if he is banned either.

It's a win-win.

If he does post on the Codex, then he didn't really want to be banned
What FretRider wants is irrelevant at this point.

Think of it this way: I own a bar. The bar is open to all. I don't care what you come in here to talk about - just so long as you do it in the right place. And you guys can throw invective around like it's fucking confetti at a wedding. I don't care.

All I ask is that you don't make a mess for me. Because the minute you shit in my bar, I have to clean it up. But I also have to remind people not to shit in the bar. Because if things have gotten so out of hand that people are shitting in the bar, then it means things have gotten a little too skewed and we need to restore a bit of order.

So don't shit in my bar. And if you ignore this one simple rule, and you shit in my bar, don't be surprised when I grab you by the balls and throw you out.

And if you come and knock on my fucking office door and ask me to deal with your shit, while you're drunk and babbling incoherent nonsense, don't be surprised when you get thrown out the window.

EG

Nullified
Bar? It thought this place was a communal latrine. :(

tiagocc0

Arcane
DarkUnderlord If this place is a bar, what beers are on tap?

image.axd

Moribund

A droglike
And here we go. Just when I think I am out I'm pulled back in. The theme in common to most of this is simply people call me out and I defend myself, what a shock.

When Trash huffed some paint thinner and made some weird accusations on me and apparently HHR I defended myself, and so did HHR. Believe what you want on me I think it's hilarious, but HHR is obviously a normal dude. I can't imagine what you'd think of a real kwan religious nut, your head would explode.

Now THAT accusatory Summon Alleged Shitposters post was shitstirring 101.

And I don't think there's a vast different in conservative versus liberal. Two of the mods just happen to be 2 of the top three most rabid and histrionic posters when it comes to politics. JarlFrank is a lot more conservative than me or HHR, neither of which are far off the CENTER by kwa standards, and he never does any weird shit or fucks with people just because, or follows people around whispering shitposter all day long like a psychotic.

Nah, you can say all you want and I will say all I want too. No harm done. ;)
But Moribund just attacked me saying that I just post about others and have posted no content whatsoever.
One thing is to call me a retarded shitposter (which is fine), another completely different is to say that I just troll all the time and that I never ever posted anything of value. :mad:

You attacked me, bro. And DNF. Surprise surprise I defended myself. Since I am right and you wrong of course that was unconfortable. Protip to brazillians, straight from DU: don't be fucking retards. His words, so why don't you resped his authority like I'm supposed to and supposedly don't?

I consider Moribund a troll and a shitposter because he tends to participate in the Science forum with made up theories that he read about in Daily Fail. When asked to back his theories by citing credible sources, i.e. published research, he links to Dialy Fail articles and fringe blogs (which wouldn't be a problem if they contained links to credible sources, instead of just making up stories and going with their own flow). He puts GD into a non-GD discussion.

The world leading expert on neanderthals and one of the world leading experts on genomes isn't a fringe blog. This comes down again to HE DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME SO HE HAS TO GO. I was quite surprised to see you go so mental. Reality is you just don't know what you are talking about on evolution of the brain. It's like you don't believe in evolution, don't believe brain got bigger. Well, you can believe whatever stupid stuff you want and if you feel you can't discuss it with me fine but it's ridiculous to equate that to trolling. Which is just what everyone seems to do now.

Is this kindergarten where people high five each other all day and drive out any slightly different viewpoint or somewhere for discussion? And it's the same shit with gaming. Infinitron is butthurt to the max I don't like rtwp. Much as I'd like to ban all people like that from the site I never would, and only am tempted because I feel they are very confused about what the hell an RPG is. They need to go to Dating Sim Codex.

the only bad trait he shares with Fretty is his penchant for personally attacking Jaesun.

You mean jaesun "shitposter shitposter shitposter!"? And again we go back to self defense. It gets old after even one time. I don't care for myself any more but it's even older to see it all through the site. Shitposter blah shitposter, bioware shitpost ea shitpost blah. It's like someone taking a dump on every thread I read.

tiagocc0

Arcane
You attacked me, bro. And DNF. Surprise surprise I defended myself. Since I am right and you wrong of course that was unconfortable. Protip to brazillians, straight from DU: don't be fucking retards. His words, so why don't you resped his authority like I'm supposed to and supposedly don't?

When did I attack you? I was talking to DNF.

EG

Nullified

When did I attack you? I was talking to DNF.

He just has to believe you attacked the idea of him, anywhere.

And I don't think there's a vast different in conservative versus liberal.

Then why attempt polarize threads, with the difference as the focus?

By the way, I appreciate that the neanderthal thread hasn't gone into "libural" lololololz yet. Or, hadn't when I looked at it a few weeks ago.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Yeah, Moribund is always being attacked. Being ganged up on. Poor thing. Golly. So, noticing he seems to think he's being picked on a lot I looked a little closer. Personally I never even had a discussion with the guy but he seems to rant quite a bit about both infinitron and jaesun. And then I notice he names me. A lot. This is just a few of the things that jump up when I searched for posts made by moribund containing my username.

Trash is a spiessburger as my dad would have said. What this means is a little narrowminded petty bourgeous dick who is either jealous or contemptuous of everyone outside their tiny sad niche. He is the quickest to bully anyone who is down, anyone who is unpopular for any reason. They are basically the saddest form of life.

During the war I bet my dad fucked trash's mom (or I guess his grandma since he is younger than me, my stated age is incorrect). Probably the best dick she ever had

Sorry you're a loser who's never accomplished anything, trash

verbatim copy of something Trash posted 9 years ago

Oh come on, who the fuck on planet earth is more of an insulting douchebag than trash? If he said any of a hundred things he's said online to my face I'd knock every teeth out of his face in a heartbeat

Trash, has some interesting problems. Actually he's the biggest detractor of anyone he thinks he can win kool kredits by bullying. He's sadder than you can even come up with in your hilarious post.

There's a post where he talks about missing some deadlines on some papers. And and and PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE COWORKERS! He was so worked up he was starting to go blind from anxiety and high blood pressure. He actually had to take benzos (highly addictive anxiety meds you usually never get off once you start) just to get his blood pressure down.

Then there's all the complaints about the drug tenement neighbors. At one point I thought of compiling a list of embarassing shit about the guy but started to feel sorry for him halfway through reading just one post about his personal hell. And the GD going private? 100% because this one guy is such a massive fucking pussy.

Never had a single discussion I can recall with this alt the guy yet I've suddenly got a stalker who is meticulously going through over a decade of posting. Seriously, did I fuck his mom or something? Talk about interesting problems.

EG

Nullified
It must be flattering, Trash, to be the incarnation of all their fears and suffering, warranted or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom