Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars 1

fork

Is there anyone here willing to kinda nolive GuildWars again?
I'd be up for it, but I don't feel like soloing everything.

And btw., do 55hp builds still work?
I sometimes play, add me, Ragna Fall, and see if I'm on.

Great, I'll just have to hunt down some keys then. Lost access to my former account (I had five or six lvl 20 chars equipped with fow armor, minis, and I was at least kind of a big deal, if you know what I mean, lel).
Should be fun to start from scratch again. What chars do you have? I feel like playing Minion Master again! By the way, it was great when minions weren't limited to 10. I once walked the lands with 20+ minions. :/

Black

Arcane
I mostly play on my assasssasssasasasassssassassin and mesmer, also pretty sure you can have 12 or so minions.

fork

Oh man, Mesmer is so satisfying once you git gud. Interrupting everything.
This game man. What happened to game devs? We had real time Magic the Gathering, and now they can't even replicate MTG card play in video games.

What high hopes I had for gaming back then, lol. Biggest letdown imaginable. :D

I used to always run dual MM heroes and amass a massive 22-24 minion army. A Ritualist with Splinter Weapon to buff myself if I was a physical character. Throw in a few buffs for the minions and the DPS gets pretty amazing while you sit back and chill.

Codex Year of the Donut
I was doing the mission in prophecies where you get saved by the two foreigner groups and they were both MMs with some MM heroes which caused my ping to go from 30 to ~250 due to all the minions everywhere

The update that allowed you to have a party of heroes trivialized most of PVE's difficulty. Even normal mode produced some hard fights when you were limited to three. In short, if you want the combat to be harder play it as intended and rely on henchmen to fill the empty slots.
As for loot, play on hardmode or finish EOTN and run dungeons. There's loads of skins to chase and they're often specific to areas. Learning to farm a particular mob can be rewarding. My personal white whale was a q9 Briar blade to go with my Oaken Aegis. Felt amazing when it finally dropped up in the Holdings of Chokhin.

Black

Arcane
Yw6K75c.jpg

6kBk66R.jpg

6XIQGDU.jpg

and as a bonus, pretty pretty yellow numbers

jUZXvvA.jpg

i mained mesmer in pvp. with a good eye, you can completely shut down up to 3 unprepared people at a time. many casters will happily suicide before understanding why they actually died. best and most laughs come from people with skills with long casting time. while a 1s can be tricky, a 2s is just asking for punishment you'll swiftly deliver. interrupting a meteor shower just before it's been cast: priceless.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It also paid to know all the spammy skill cooldowns by heart against assholes who used them immediately at CD. Counting to 2 and landing a power spike on dat life sheath was so cash.

Is there anyone here willing to kinda nolive GuildWars again?
I'd be up for it, but I don't feel like soloing everything.

And btw., do 55hp builds still work?
I sometimes play, add me, Ragna Fall, and see if I'm on.

Dunno how I missed this, my name is Volt Counter if you or anyone else wants to add. I don't play very often anymore but I'd be down for some co-op.

fork

There doesn't seem to ever be a sale, and I refuse to pay full price.

There doesn't seem to ever be a sale, and I refuse to pay full price.

I have a spare account if you want it. It only has Prophecies and Factions, but that's a lot of content, and you could always buy Nightfall / EotN keys for it later.

fork

Thanks, that's very generous of you, but I don't think I would play it much (my life and psyche are in shambles), and I'm sure you should find a more worthy taker here on the dex who would play with you guys.

Well, I don't use it - not even for storage; I have several other accounts for that - and it may potentially be a bit fucked since it's still got the old email address of the guy who gave it to me & I'm not sure if it's possible to change the email address to a new one if you don't have access to the old one's inbox. So I don't imagine it's going to see any use anyways. Let me know if you change your mind, as it won't be going anywhere.

It's $30 for the trilogy (not including EotN) on Steam. That is 3 fully featured campaigns that cost ~$150 originally. The fact that it doesn't get a "sale" price shouldn't dissuade you because it's still an absurd amount of content for the price. Other companies would keep the games separately listed at $50 each and offer a "sale" -80% discount.

If you're not sure if you want it then try creating an account and looking for some kind of trial option on the page. A quick google is unclear if they still offer it with new accounts. If not I have a 10 hour/14 day trial key that came with my physical copy purchased 15 years ago that you can try.

fork

The reason I don't pay full price is because I hate arenanet/ncsoft.

I already bought everything GW1: Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and even EOTN. One day I forgot my password, contacted support and they didn't help me, despite me having access to my email and providing them the codes they asked for. 2k+ hours and 5 characters with fow armors and countless other riches, lost.

And then came GW2.
I refuse to give these assholes my money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom