Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Has the Codex been getting better? (eeeeww)

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

Cadmus

Arcane
In my opinion, here is what I believe is wrong with the codex:

1. DarkUnderlord doesn't even play or discuss with us anymore. Seriously, our glorious leader never gets involved anywhere but Site Feedback.

2. The ads are just shit. Every single fucking virus laden ad from the 90s seems to have come here as its resting place.

3. Our reputation is really starting to create a shitty future userbase. Every newfag seems to be acting like they're the edge razor that'll send the CIA/FBI/United Nations down on us.

So, in my perfect utopian vision, I see the Codex being at its peak if it were to become a site well known through the "Gaming journalism" world for not only writing/creating good content about cRPG but also a place for devs to go to whenever they need to promote with a site that understands their craft.
"But what about the forums?! Won't it just become like reddit???"
Which is why I think that the forums should require a one-time payment or even very small monthly fee for membership, immediate access to shoutbox and all forums along with posting privileges. Meaning that you can actually make the main site not be a broken 404'ing piece of shit that is known for good rpg content (which it already has it just needs more viewers), and the same shitty cesspool of a forum except with less clones and more chance for good discussion.
fuck you
Cadmus, you're proof the Codex has been getting worse. 90% of 2013 and beyond newfags are dolts.
suck a dick

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I used to be mad at my school
(But i can't complain)
Tasteful rape they said was not cool
(But i can't complain)
I'm holding her down... Ah--aaa
Drilling her brown..Ah-aaa
Filling her up with my spooge...

I got to admit it's getting better....

Zep--

kazgar

Arcane
The butthurt levels have never been so high as of late, must be doing something right.

If we could pay the server expenses with it, we wouldn't need the ads.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
1. DarkUnderlord doesn't even play or discuss with us anymore. Seriously, our glorious leader never gets involved anywhere but Site Feedback.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh god please dont antagonize DU.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh god please dont antagonize DU.

I should clarify, I'm not antagonizing DU, I just don't want to think that DU has lost interest in the entire site, it's a half-baked thought, yes. I still believe that if he is bored or disinterested he should at least tell us.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Perhaps you don't know about zerotol, Andhaira and CyberP.

Ninjerk

Arcane
DosBuster self-ejecto incoming
lol it's an opinion, if you guys dont like it you're free to not like it, but im not leaving because someone here said i was dumb
LHxhEDN.png

A horse of course

I like it

Agree that DU needs to actually play games though.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
He's really quite smart, that DU guy. We're like dumb cattle grazing in his field. He even brands us...some excessively so out of sadism, as you can see. His business strategy for the codex reads rather a lot like a cattle rearing guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Cattle-Farm

We mean nothing to him except as a source of income. You'll do well to remember that when the time comes he wont hesitate to take us all to the slaughter house.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
I have lurked the codex for quite a few years but stopped browsing the site when general discussion was closed or moved. When did that happen by the way?

A user named cat

Why would DU waste time on video games? Have you seen that Aussie ranch?

He has better things to do like tending to kangaroo and dingo offspring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom