Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Have any of the builds of Duke Nukem Forever ever leaked?

randir14

Augur
I wonder who's leaking all this stuff and why. It has to be either Scott Miller, George Broussard or Frederick Schreiber.

axx

Savant
Someone just posted this on Discord, it's Fred's post from 2017.
image0.png

I wonder who's leaking all this stuff and why. It has to be either Scott Miller, George Broussard or Frederick Schreiber.
Miller said he isn't and I doubt it's Broussard. So of the three most likely Fred. Why now, after all these years?

randir14

Augur
Miller said he isn't and I doubt it's Broussard. So of the three most likely Fred. Why now, after all these years?
Tim Willits visited the 3D Realms office last year and later tweeted that he was happy to have them and Duke Nukem as part of the Embracer family. And before that 3D Realms said they were hiring for "our biggest project yet, based on a cult classic IP". So maybe these leaks are the initial stages of a marketing campaign for a new Duke game. Gearbox who own the IP are part of Embracer as well, and years ago Randy Pitchford said he wanted to collaborate with another studio to make a Duke game: https://www.eurogamer.net/gearbox-wants-developer-to-collaborate-on-new-duke-nukem-game

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't it Schreiber who got into a disagreement with Pitchford over releasing these versions of the game previously?

IIRC Frederick really wanted to release them, Pitchford said no.

Probably another indicator that Fred was the leaker.

Alex

Arcane
You know, with this many leaks and the restoration project, it just made me realise something.

Maybe this was the Christmas we've been waiting for.

randir14

Augur
Holy shit, how they didn't greenlight DN3D: Reloaded?!

Looks like a total banger.
That game FUCKS
It was being developed at the same time as DNF, at first Gearbox gave them their blessing but later made them suspend the project so it wouldn't impact DNF's sales. It was never actually canceled, it's just been on-hold for years.

Sodafish

Arcane
Tried playing this a bit, and am stuck. I just got to the bit on the roof of the Ladykiller where the gunship flies past and shoots the building, leaving the sign to read "D I E", and now I can't figure out how to progress.

Not sure if I'm just being retarded, or the gunship attack was meant to trigger some other event?

edit: nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited:

ironmask

Arbiter
Leaks for old games should be more common. I really hope someone leaks the sourcecode for classic tomb raider and fallout 1/2.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've actually met Bam Margera, though it was just a reciprocal "Hey there, dude" and he was drunk as fuck.

If he's telling the truth then :salute: to him.

randir14

Augur
I've actually met Bam Margera, though it was just a reciprocal "Hey there, dude" and he was drunk as fuck.

If he's telling the truth then :salute: to him.
I think it's just from one of those sites where you can pay celebrities to read your message.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom