Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heads Will Roll -- AUTHENTIC MEDIEVAL DATING RPG

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
You're unequipping them to be repaired, right? I haven't had problems with shields and helmets yet.

Lucumo

Educated
You're unequipping them to be repaired, right? I haven't had problems with shields and helmets yet.
....no? So apparently you have to do that, for no reason. It would make total sense if repairing a piece took X amount of time but since it doesn't and is instantaneous, I expected it to work like any ARPG. Well, thanks for the hint, lol.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
....no? So apparently you have to do that, for no reason. It would make total sense if repairing a piece took X amount of time but since it doesn't and is instantaneous, I expected it to work like any ARPG. Well, thanks for the hint, lol.
it takes time to do it yourself and doesn't at a blacksmith's

Lucumo

Educated
it takes time to do it yourself and doesn't at a blacksmith's
Weird. I haven't trained any craftsmanship, so eh.

Hmm, seems like I got unlucky with an enemy. Currently assaulting that British city and killed Goliath and a bunch of other guys with my trusty 2h sword which the sheriff was so nice to give to me (one can thrust with it). However, one guy spawned that has no weak points. So thrusting is pointless and all I got are the 5% to get past the armor from my talents. The enemies basically can't hit me or if they do they fail at my (not-even-good) armor. One crossbow shot has damaged me though. The question is...what to do. His helmet is "broken", not that it does change anything. Bonking him unconscious is pointless too. Currently at round 6XX...makes me wonder whether it gets capped at some point.

notpl

Arbiter
The only build in this game that really works is a giant 2-handed hammer. Every other neat idea you come up with will eventually get hard-countered by something like you describe, in my experience, because "breaking" enemy armor doesn't actually stop it from negating damage.

Lucumo

Educated
The only build in this game that really works is a giant 2-handed hammer. Every other neat idea you come up with will eventually get hard-countered by something like you describe, in my experience, because "breaking" enemy armor doesn't actually stop it from negating damage.
Well, I like swords (would use another weapon in another run though). They are aesthetically pleasing. As for the guy, maybe it's a bug? Visually, it looks like I should be easily able to thrust my sword in his wide-open face, but nope...

/edit: Beat him easily then. For some reason, the overhead strike always hit...possibly because the helmet was broken? Not sure, it shouldn't have 100% hit and dealt full damage with only a 5% (talent) chance to get through the armor. Oh well, the taking of the city took me a whopping 1060 turns. Really made me wish fighting would go quicker. Got close eventually too, when some elite knight got two clean hits in, after a shield bash, IIRC. Those were the most dangerous which is why I always went for the shields first.
The question then is whether an excellent armor is worth it or not. I bought the one for 1k gold from the Italian guy but didn't use it because it would have heavily drained my stats. And those seems to be pretty important, considering how it's been relatively easy (on normal difficulty though). And the stat-boosting trinkets certainly help. Also don't feel like the squad members are worth the money. They cost a ton and die in one hit against the tough guys, get beat up by the standard opponents but can at least hold their own against weak ones. Probably spent 2-3k and they didn't help at all. Could have bought more items from the Italian trader instead and horded them in my inventory/chest.

Last edited:

PsihoKekec

Novice
If you have decent crafting, then you can make helmets and armors with good stats and low maluses. Each piece of armor has coverage and armor value, if coverage is 100% or more, youll have to go through armor, not past it.

As for enemy armor, some axes have chop armor attack, so you can first destroy the shield, then the armor and thus kill the heavily armored enemies. Spears also have attack that has a higher chance of bypassing armor and some maces can injure through armor. There are also trinkets that increase the chance of bypassing armor (fencing dagger - works great with estoc).

Mind you, most of us play on HWR difficulty, gradually building up characters through deaths and victories, so starting with a charter with 25 crafting and building ourselves the best armor possible is a common move.

Lucumo

Educated
Mind you, most of us play on HWR difficulty, gradually building up characters through deaths and victories, so starting with a charter with 25 crafting and building ourselves the best armor possible is a common move.
Will do the same. (Actually thought normal progresses character too because I swear it didn't have the red "does not do" like it was for story or hard mode. It did make me wonder but eh, whatever). Finished one branch with the option to marry Alyssa or the random girl they put in there at the end. Since there is no progress to be made, I will probably reload and stay in France to play through it fully before changing to HWR.

If you have decent crafting, then you can make helmets and armors with good stats and low maluses.
The low maluses would certainly help.

notpl

Arbiter
If you have decent crafting, then you can make helmets and armors with good stats and low maluses. Each piece of armor has coverage and armor value, if coverage is 100% or more, youll have to go through armor, not past it.

As for enemy armor, some axes have chop armor attack, so you can first destroy the shield, then the armor and thus kill the heavily armored enemies. Spears also have attack that has a higher chance of bypassing armor and some maces can injure through armor. There are also trinkets that increase the chance of bypassing armor (fencing dagger - works great with estoc).

I've tried an Estoc character and still found enemies that I could not deal any damage to after hundreds of rounds and simply had to quit/let myself be killed.

Lucumo

Educated
So, I went the other route this time. Married Olivia, left the castle to go into the desert and now there is a problem. I captured that one guy and it says the governor (mayor) will do the rest of the work. However, nothing happens, despite having like 70% of the time still left. And venturing alone down South seems to be not the best idea.

/edit: Meh, gave going South a try. One guy turned disobedient, so I had to kill him. The other three were lost along the way too. All of them had survived every battle. So I finished that branch in the end. The 25k florins don't count for the end score which is weird.
So, I married 6/7 girls. Is marrying Anna possible? I had 90/100 when she left her hut and did all her quests. When she shows up later to quarrel with Cecilia, I couldn't even talk to her which seems weird...unless one needs 100/100 and I somehow missed it during a conversation. A possible guess from me would be exposing Cecilia, getting locked up, getting freed, then confronting her which somehow ends up netting me points for Anna.

Last edited:

Lucumo

Educated
However, nothing happens, despite having like 70% of the time still left.
that's the point
Well, yeah. But the mayor should have addressed the subject/my character should have asked about it. But that never happens in any way, at all. It feels buggy/unfinished.

Is marrying Anna possible? I had 90/100 when she left her hut and did all her quests.
you missed a conversation
Extremely sure I did all the conversations that I could. Even the one where she leaves and says that she feels like we will see each other again. Unless it has to do with exposing Olivia, I really shouldn't have missed anything.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Well, yeah. But the mayor should have addressed the subject/my character should have asked about it. But that never happens in any way, at all. It feels buggy/unfinished.
no, it's immediately obvious you're being strung along to act as the governor's personal janny in Damietta
Extremely sure I did all the conversations that I could. Even the one where she leaves and says that she feels like we will see each other again. Unless it has to do with exposing Olivia, I really shouldn't have missed anything.
the leaving conversation is the one that bumps it from 90 to 100

Lucumo

Educated
no, it's immediately obvious you're being strung along to act as the governor's personal janny in Damietta
I know, hence my "well, yeah". But that doesn't excuse the character from not properly asking and the mayor from not properly answering. It should be like: "How is the prisoner exchange looking? Any news so far?" "Unfortunately, we have not received news/delays because of Y etc." But the guy you captured isn't addressed at all beyond the actual event which is just weird.
the leaving conversation is the one that bumps it from 90 to 100
Considering I did said conversation, I guess I will have to load and look exactly at it. Pretty sure I didn't get any points in that though.

/edit: Just checked again and yep, I don't get any points there. So unless you are wrong, then it's maybe like I assumed earlier and you need to expose Olivia or something.
/edit2: Well, exposing Olivia makes you just leave the city even earlier. So...no clue how to get the final points.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom