Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Unless you pull one of those weapon buff cards. :M

I prefer mind vision though. The odds of getting something good tend to be higher.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Both are decent cards, as you also get a hint about what your opponent has in his deck/hand.

But a LOT of class cards are worthless to a priest. You don't want to draw fucking demons or "All your beasts have X" cards, or rogue shit like shiv or shadowstep that is just there to fuel combos. Neutral cards can be just as bad. Whats the point of drawing a brewmaster when you have no cards with battlecries? Or a secret keeper when you have no secrets? Soulfires? Giants you'll never play? Spell power you can't use?

A good deck is built around a theme of some sort and exploits synergies. Thoughtsteal is a crapshoot. It tends to be decent in arena because you're hard pressed for card draw anyways, but that also kills the advantage of knowing what kind of deck your opponent has. Does he have a brewmaster because his cards have battlecries or because the other options were murlocs? Who knows!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
what the fuck, if you kill a blood imp a damaged minion with only the bonus 1 health left doesn't get reduced to 0...

DakaSha

Arcane
Mind steal or whatever the fuck its called is bullshit because the only counter play is 'dont use a big minion or buff a minion that will win you the game'

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they should remove either blizzard or flamestrike from mage. they really don't need both spells.
just arcane explosion and flamestrike would be fine. I mean mages has that "random target" shit and stuff for (potential) early minion wiping too.

playing an arena run as druid now. picked up a black knight and had great use of it the first game. not so great second (but still, destroyed a shaman totem).

Damned Registrations

Don't forget cone of cold. 3 targets may as well be all for most situations. With a bit of spell damage they can boardwipe 8 times in one game easily. And it's all one sided, which is retarded. Warriors hurt their own shit, so do warlocks.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yep just lost to another late turn flamestrike.

they should change so that fireball is taunt-forced too.

Last edited:

Multi-headed Cow

Just went 9-2 with the shittiest paladin deck in the world. Got a booster, 230 gold, and a golden blade flurry (rare). :dance::dance:
Should've taken a picture of the glorious red 9 win key, but it doesn't show your deck when you're out so wuteva. Two cards not pictured are 1 stormwind champion, and 1 6 mana 4/3 bubble charge asshole.

tgMWP2N.jpg

Edit: I also broke down and blew $50 on boosters. Filled out my roster nicely, though a lot of the epics and rares were shit (I got 2 regular molten giants and 1 gold molten giant. FFS) and I got two legendaries. Millhouse Manastorm (Shit) and Onyxia (Not complete shit).
This inspired my buddy who bought $10 worth of boosters and got 2 legendaries to buy $10 more boosters. He got a SECOND Lorewalker Cho and FUCKING RAGNAROS. 4 LEGENDARIES OUT OF 14 BOOSTERS, ONE OF WHICH IS ONE OF THE BEST. HE HAS THE LUCK OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF

Last edited by a moderator:

J1M

Arcane
Just went 9-2 with the shittiest paladin deck in the world. Got a booster, 230 gold, and a golden blade flurry (rare). :dance::dance:
Should've taken a picture of the glorious red 9 win key, but it doesn't show your deck when you're out so wuteva. Two cards not pictured are 1 stormwind champion, and 1 6 mana 4/3 bubble charge asshole.

[Image redacted]

Edit: I also broke down and blew $50 on boosters. Filled out my roster nicely, though a lot of the epics and rares were shit (I got 2 regular molten giants and 1 gold molten giant. FFS) and I got two legendaries. Millhouse Manastorm (Shit) and Onyxia (Not complete shit).
This inspired my buddy who bought $10 worth of boosters and got 2 legendaries to buy $10 more boosters. He got a SECOND Lorewalker Cho and FUCKING RAGNAROS. 4 LEGENDARIES OUT OF 14 BOOSTERS, ONE OF WHICH IS ONE OF THE BEST. HE HAS THE LUCK OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF
I am unclear why you think that paladin deck sucks. A second consecrate and a couple of truesilver champions and that deck would be perfect. You have every other card paladins normally look for and a sword of justice.

Multi-headed Cow

I am unclear why you think that paladin deck sucks. A second consecrate and a couple of truesilver champions and that deck would be perfect. You have every other card paladins normally look for and a sword of justice.
No truesilver champions means 0-3. It's the law. THE LAW.

And yes, I was exaggerating a bit calling it the shittiest in the world but I did sorely miss the truesilvers. The rest of the deck was pretty fine, though the elven archer and violet teacher were kinda clunkers. They both had their uses at times (Elven archer for the occasional 1 damage kill and/or divine shield pop, violet teacher because people don't realize I don't have many spells and rush to silence/kill it) but weren't as consistently useful. Fuck it, you're right. IT'S A GREAT DECK AND I'M A GREAT PERSON FOR PICKING THOSE CARDS!
:mca:

Damned Registrations

Druids are so fun. I just killed someone with a 6/4 Angry Chicken. And earlier I had so much shit on the table I was just wasting multiple 2/2 spawns because eh who cares zerg rush.

Castanova

Prophet
OK finally got a key. Still getting all the classes to level 10 though (what a fucking bore).

I did try out Arena with that initial free entry. Picked Warlock, had no idea what I was doing. Stomped my first game, thought "This shit is easy!" and then got completely raped in 3 games in a row to go 1-3.

Pretty fun game although individual matches feel extremely luck based.

Last edited:
O ehm gee I'm at 6/2 right now can I breach 7 :bounce:
I dun it! In spite of a rather poor deck:

GBV78rK.png
PSAcW0w.png

Now let's see if I can get 8....

Edit: Defeht. Enemy luckerfag got onyxia on an open field + shit that makes your dudes spit out treeants when they die, then the pandaren that lets you return a battlecry minion. And he still only had 7 hps left. LUCKERFAAAAAAAAGS

At least I won 195 gold

Last edited:

Fart Master

Savant
So everyone I know ( 4 people ) got a key in todays wave but apparently 5 opted in accounts isnt enough to score me a key. Suck my anus, blizzturds.

J1M

Arcane
So everyone I know ( 4 people ) got a key in todays wave but apparently 5 opted in accounts isnt enough to score me a key. Suck my anus, blizzturds.
You need to have a purchased game on an account for it to be eligible for closed betas. This is to prevent people from making 5 accounts. :smug:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I got their legacy games and Diablo 3 registered, but my WoW subscription is frozen and I don't have SC2 so I guess I'm not eligible for keys.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I got their legacy games and Diablo 3 registered, but my WoW subscription is frozen and I don't have SC2 so I guess I'm not eligible for keys.
I don't think it matters, I only own wow and haven't played for years.

DakaSha

Arcane
I dont really understand all the crying about the arena gold thing
As long as you arent ass its going to be fairly easy to keep buying into arenas. If you are good then you will have no problem. They are fairly generous with gold

And i even blew my first 200 i got in quests on packs

edit: btw is there any point making a competitive mage deck without pyroblast?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom