Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

DakaSha

Arcane
So i pick horrible cards for arena, play utterly horrible to go along with it and go 0/3 :oops:

I go to open up my shitty pack and get:

An epic that i dont have
A rare murloc
A golden rare
A golden Deathwing :smug:

0/3 arena runs ur mam

J1M

Arcane
Sometimes it happens, I play a couple of games in normal and then the new quest appears. A bug I guess, some people mentioned it on their forum let's hope they'll fix it.
I've noticed for me quests renew at 9pm. If you don't get a quest when you log in after they renew for you, then you can play (and concede if you want) a game and you should get one. Alternatively, you can quit the program and log in again.

DakaSha

Arcane
So now that ive actually played priest myself, i can confirm that they are absolute bullshit and need to be nerfed to the fucking ground. (in constructed, anyways)

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Priest even has shadowform to make his heal a targeted damage spell, like mage's but deals one additional point of damage.
Holy fire for five damage and at the same time self heal.
Holy smite like hunter's arcane shot.
Ridiculous shadow words that kill independently of hp.
Holy nova is an improved consecration, for one additional manna point you even have heal.

His exclusive minions are also pretty strong. Thank god he doesn't have a weapon, it's the only thing stopping him from dominating every game mode(even practice).

Today's quest tried my patience. Seven wins? Really? Had to utilize my shaman and paladin decks to the fullest. Even polished them a little. Those two have similar playstyles, summon a dude, buff him and repeat until your opponent's demise.

Multi-headed Cow

You don't have to do a day's daily quest THAT day if you don't wanna, you can have up to 3 active at a time. I think you do have to log in to GET a daily quest (As in you couldn't skip a few days and those quests get added to your log) but I might be wrong on that.

Also new rule when playing Dakasha, always go priest so you can mind control unkillable injured blademasters. +M
Edit: Or mage so you can counterspell/spellbender/ice block to prevent zapping you with direct damage while you're at 1HP. +M

DakaSha

Arcane
Got a new deck i need to test out.
Prob not priest proof tho because NOTHING IS

edit: also, blood imp op

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I ran a deck with 4 blood imps in arena. Got a sense demon so I could get them all out pretty early too. Only Flamestrike would wipe them out. Had 1 questing adventurer but not much else in terms of synergy. Actually picked some of the worst cards in the game just to try them out (magma rager for instance). I think I went 4-3 or 5-3, so overall it went better than expected. Worked really well versus priests since all priest players are garbage (almost as bad as mage players) and think the HP bonus is something that remains without imps or something.

Today's quest tried my patience. Seven wins? Really? Had to utilize my shaman and paladin decks to the fullest. Even polished them a little. Those two have similar playstyles, summon a dude, buff him and repeat until your opponent's demise.
IMO shaman is about mass low cost cards and totems. Feral spirits are crazy. Flametongue totems to turn 0 attack stuff like other totems into combatants. Fire elemental and earth elemental are sick too. Blood lust to finish.
Shaman is probably one of my most successful decks.

Paladin shouldn't really be buffing. Debuffing, if anything. Truesilver is obviously one of the stronger class cards The protector (granting divine shield) and "the other protector" (setting opponent minion attack to 1) are crazy low cost cards. Raid leaders and alpha wolves are nice to turn your hero ability units into 2-1s. But to buff units, like using... what... Blessed champion? That card is garbage. So are divine shields because they can be granted by a unit instead. Blessing of kings is alright though.

I mean just look at Multi-headed Cow's stupid good draft http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/hearthstone-beta.85685/page-11#post-2931548
I honestly can't imagine a much better draft. If he would have a truesilver instead of, say, elven archer or one of the spellbreakers or something, it would be pretty much perfect.
EDIT: I would probably have wanted a blessing of wisdom too, but maybe the three hammers make up for it.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Blessing of wisdom is a stupidly good card, you should always take it. Blessing of kings is nice in arena since your opponent likely lacks the kind of hard removal/silences a normal deck should have. Divine shields are decent as long as you're using them to make a 1 for 1 trade, like running a 5/1 into a 6/5 without losing it. Awful defensively though.

The real gems for a paladin are def the weapons though. Way too fucking good.

Fart Master

Savant
wheres my fucking key? Do I really have to become a MTF trans Twitch 'girl' gamer to get access to this goddamn card game.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
wheres my fucking key? Do I really have to become a MTF trans Twitch 'girl' gamer to get access to this goddamn card game.
yeah that's the trick.

hey guys I'm about to arena and will screenshot my draft for funs.

Castanova

Prophet
Holy shit I'm trash tier at Arena right now. No idea what I'm doing, apparently. My best run was taking a Druid to 3-3. Need more practice but I only have enough gold for one more run.

It seems like everyone I play has some kind of low cost minion + buff card on turn 2 combo that is permanently fucking my tempo.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
here's a gallery of my draft (which wasn't very good but at least I got a perdition's blade). shouldn't have picked the mountain giant - the worst of the giants. sea giant is best. molten is okay.

http://imgur.com/a/0JsZl#0
(I highlight my pick)

also includes my first win vs a scrub paladin opening with 2 secrets (shitty secrets at that).
currently 2-0 but now I think I'll take a nap.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
god I fucking hate mountain giant. I never get to play it. such a shitty card.
went 4-3 with the shitty rogue draft. got 0 coins. that means I won't be able to play arena again for 2-3 days until I get 2 dailys or more. fun game.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Had my best run, five wins. Didn't get good cards(for reward). It seems paladin is the only class I can be good at in arena(my previous best run was paladin again at four wins).
Sword of Justice so good with charging murloc, humility has synergy with stampeding kodo, overall an ok draft. I believe the lack of legendaries stopped me from proceeding even further.

DakaSha

Arcane
Legendaries are overrated. Even good ones.
Epics and especially rares, not so much.

Zeriel

Arcane
There are a few that utterly change the game. Ysera, for example. And Antonidas just deserves /spit spam.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

god damn some people are so damn slow.

Zeriel

Arcane
The animations that have no toggle and are unskippable waste more of my time than anything else. I'm not a violent or emotional person, but I really want to go to Blizzard headquarters and shoot up the place because of all the terrible but simple design decisions with Hearthstone that could have been avoided that ruin most of the fun.

Castanova

Prophet
I wish there was a "Please hurry up" emote that you can only use once per game (or something like that). Not sure it'd do anything but I wish there was some way to deal with people who take 60 seconds to figure out how to play the TWO cards in their hand.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
It's ok to spend some time planning at later stages, but when I see people thinking what to play at first turn or trying to use hero power while having one manna I lose all hope for a normal game.

As for a potential hurry up emote, they could simply squelch you.

Got the beat all expert AI + 100 wins achievements at once, was swimming in gold. Blowing it all now on some god damn atrocious drafts. Fuck that dude who said the warrior was the best arena champion, seriously. (Though not getting anything resembling a bomb certainly did help)

What do you people do when you know you need more 1/2 drops but the one and two drops you see are really bad? How bad cards do you pick just to get some early drops?

Also whats the kodex konsensus on strong arena heroes? My best run was with a druid and that looked strong though getting Ysera helped a lot there. Second best was with ranger. Worst ever was with paladin :M

Edit: And now my best run for today is with an utterly retarded warlock deck that has almost no warlock speshul cards and a curve that looks like a kwans belly. This shit is so random

Last edited:

DakaSha

Arcane
I havent had any problems with people being too slow..
Maybe thats because im the slow one :smug:

looks like i win once again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom