Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I know the full extent of how underwhelming a 2/3 for 2 in constructed that does nothing else for you until you waste turn 4 making two totems is.

Even if The Totem Deck (tm) is real, you're going to be better off just going Totem Golem into Totem Golem, or good 2 drop into Tuskarr.

AMG

Arbiter
They just announced a new legendary that gives you a supercharged hero power, so suddenly all those hero power modifying cards look a lot better.

UglyBastard

Arcane
The 2/3 is just an Inspire enabler that will stand and fall with the viability of OP inspire combos.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
They just announced a new legendary that gives you a supercharged hero power, so suddenly all those hero power modifying cards look a lot better.

Don't think so. Gotta look at these things very critically. Gotta think. Let's say you're facing off against Demon Zoo, Tempo Mage, etc. Turn 6 you throw down this faggot. Turn 7, your opponent trades a 3 attack guy into him and further snowballs his advantage. What are you left with? The ability to summon two silverhand recruits on turn 7? Cool. I will admit that Gaining 4 armor might just be ok enough since that'd punish Face Hunter while enabling effortless shield slams.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Poor Huntard got shafted with the new hero powers, everyone else is getting DOUBLE THE FUN while he only gets +1 on his.

:(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
MEN, UNPLAYABLE, MEN.

(Men, I'm joking, men.)

Last edited:

AMG

Arbiter
It is hard to justify spending turn 6 on playing something that dies to 1 drops, but it is a cool card. Gives more hope for hero power combo decks. Compared to Emperor it doesn't looka that hot.
The card itself currently looks like it might be playable in warrior and priest. Generally classes which can drag the game out. Also great combo with Effigy for mage. The warlock modification is funny, since it is actually a downgrade for handlock.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
6 mana 6/3. Unplayable MEN. Eh... maybe for control warrior.

Card is good, far from "unplayable".

How is a 6 mana card that dies to an incidental 2 drop and provides you with a fairly weak advantage except maybe in a long, grindy control warrior/priest "Good" ?

It is hard to justify spending turn 6 on playing something that dies to 1 drops, but it is a cool card. Gives more hope for hero power combo decks. Compared to Emperor it doesn't looka that hot.
The card itself currently looks like it might be playable in warrior and priest. Generally classes which can drag the game out. Also great combo with Effigy for mage. The warlock modification is funny, since it is actually a downgrade for handlock.

Men are you just going to repeat everything I say in this thread? Also there aren't any 3 attack 1 drops unless you buffed one up earlier.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The best part about the card? I'd imagine you'd drop one Shield Maiden for it in CW and I only have one (never bothered crafting the second)... so I'm good to go!

AMG

Arbiter
Don't flatter yourself, I bet the Effigy combo didn't even cross your tiny brain.
Also Flame Imp, Cogmaster

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I wonder how it would work in a zoolock. Could make it more resilient against hunter, assuming you're not dead by turn 6.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Don't flatter yourself, I bet the Effigy combo didn't even cross your tiny brain.
and Dust Devil ;)

I think the card sucks, especially for a legendary.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Kid look. I get it, you think it's clever to latch onto the superior objective Phage Analysis and parrot something similar ten minutes later to try to seem smart while neglecting to acknowledge that the same thing was said on the same page.

What you have to recognize is the shit you add onto my posts are retarded. Effigy Combo? Really? By your logic every big drop "combos" with effigy when it dies. It "combos" with Effigy no more than a Cairne does. Why wouldn't you just play a Sky Golem instead? At least then you get a 4 drop instead of the questionable and slow benefit of +1 hero power damage.

You done goofed kid. Try again after you've studied my posts for another year or two.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I wonder how it would work in a zoolock. Could make it more resilient against hunter, assuming you're not dead by turn 6.

Terribly. Why would a deck that's entirely based around grabbing and maintaining board control want to play a 6/3 that provides a marginal benefit to their hero power? If you care about Hunter you could just play a sunwalker.

AMG

Arbiter
But seriously, in an appropriately built deck, yes, I think I would prefer double damage hero power instead of a random 4 drop. It's not going to be played in tempo mage, but maybe in Giants Mage with Frozen Giants it could work.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Why? Why would you run a 6/3 that lets your fireblast deal 2 damage on turn 7? What is the scenario where this is actually meaningful? On the note of Frozen Giant, why would you bother? At what point is a vanilla 8/8 really worth it in constructed? Going off of handlock that point is roughly 4 or 5 mana. What bizarre game scenarios are you going to be hero powering 5-6 times so you can play a Frozen Giant before you get overrun by someone playing a real deck?

8bf.jpg

Alright that's enough - I'll catch you plebs on the next spoilers to tell you what you should think and in 1 month all of my predictions will come true and you'll forget everything I wrote.

AMG

Arbiter
You ever seen that deck? Sometimes you even hero power your own face, so you can play moltens faster, after opponent realizes what you are playing and stops attacking you. Frozen Giant could bizzarely fit there, especially, since if you echo or duplicate it, the cost won't reset. But that Hero Power Legendary has terrible synergy with duplicate, so again it doesn't quite fit there. Meh, whatever.
2 ping is still nice, f.e you can kill belcher slime with it.

UglyBastard

Arcane
The 6/3 can be good in classes like Mage, Druid, Priest and generally decks that want to outgrind their opponent.

It actually fits very well in Ramp Druid, which can get it out early and generally hero powers a lot in certain matchups (like Hunter). Also Druid has the greatest benefit from this, as it doubles the damage and the armor gain.

Mage needs a controlling archetype for it to shine, it's obviously bad in face rushing decks or Freeze, but they seem to push the hero power Mage agenda a lot with their cards.

It's also very powerful in Priest, don't underestimate the benefit of 4 heal (/damage with Auchenai). Velen could actually be a card if it wouldn't be BGH fodder. Good potential here.

Paladin could be interesting, maybe if they add more Silverhand Recruit synergys.

I think it will be rather bad in Warrior because the armor doesn't affect the board in any way and you have enough Shield Slam enablers anyway. It won't affect the outcome of the match most of the time.
Don't think it's good for Rogue either, you can only hit enemies a limited amount of time before dying, you are generally looking for a combo/tempo finish. And you are buffing your weapon anyway, a +1 doesn't do that much in that case.

I doubt it's worth it in Shaman, the class is generally not known for outgrinding opponents but riding it's tempo to a victory or losing. The benefit is not that great either.

It's total shit for Warlock and Hunter.

Good: Druid, Priest, maybe Mage
Mediocre (might have potential): Paladin, maybe Shaman (unlikely)
Bad: Warrior, Rogue
Terribad: Warlock, Hunter

I don't really buy the "dies to random shit" argument, it shines in grindy control decks that usually employ a plethora of methods to survive the early game and clear the board. These decks can afford the bad stats when they get their value back down the line.

Pretty sure this sees constructed play in SOME way.

AMG: I think the problem with this is that Echo Giants Mage is generally a rather bad deck that thrives on it's unusual plays and deceiving the opponent to win. The deck needs it's opponent to not know the matchup and misplay. I don't think Frozen Giant can solve this, as the setup is so excruciatingly slow that you will usually run out of control before you get value out of them. That will probably not stop people to try it and steal some games with it, but generally not that great.
Frozen Giant just seems like garbage overall.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Oh, btw., just because Phage seems a bit TOO full of himself today, time to bust his insidious lie that he only badmouthed Patron while Warsong Commander was not fixed.

This was his comment about the BRM reveal showmatch where iksar busted Whirtun with a Patron combo deck (including the fixed Warsong playing a crucial role), match can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C3rzkdErAs

herp. time for people to see that grim patron fight and think that the card is good due to christmas wonderland conditions

Whooops.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
If you're going to spend 30 minutes to drudge something up you may as well actually link to the part of the video you're using as 'evidence'. Nobody is going to sit through 1.5 hours of community managers sub optimally playing sub optimal decks.

I'm flattered though.

Every single one of my real predictions for the BRM adventure were right btw. Thanks for proving my unending genius as usual. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom