Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

UglyBastard

Arcane
Took roughly five minutes to locate the post, it's the very first game of the event btw. just skip to ~6:00 if you wanna skip the blabber. ;)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
LOOK HERE EURO, TODAY YOU MAY HAVE YOUR MINOR VICTORY, BUT REMEMBER THAT YOUR FATE WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE HANDS OF VICTOR VON PHAGE

Doctor_Doom_Portrait_Art.png

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Btw, the vast majority of what I'm harping about is how many people in this thread who are arguing for these shitty Inspire cards were the same ones screaming at me that I don't understand the unbridled power behind Axe Flinger, Dragon's Breath, Rend Blackhand, etc.

Grinolf

Arcane
If you're going to spend 30 minutes to drudge something up you may as well actually link to the part of the video you're using as 'evidence'. Nobody is going to sit through 1.5 hours of community managers sub optimally playing sub optimal decks.

I'm flattered though.

Every single one of my real predictions for the BRM adventure were right btw. Thanks for proving my unending genius as usual. :smug:

WC was fixed before BRM, but this didn't stop you from trashing the card. Hell, even after a month since the first wing opened, you reffered to Patron Warrior as the "gimmik warrior deck." Look, no one knew how powerful this combo is going to be before seeing it in action. And even if desire to try it out was high, overall attitude was rather sceptical. So please, stop these "I awsn't wrong" act, that is very annoying and looks petty.
And by the way, how is Juggernaut doing? With the card such suited to the Control Warrior playstyle as Juggernaut, I wonder why I never saw it on ladder for more than a half year. It totally should replace Alexstraza.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Juggernaut should be played in every control warrior deck. Y'all are fuckin retards for not doing so :smug:

So basically, we're looking at something like: Correct Phage Predictions on Cards = ~40 or so correct. Incorrect Predictions = ~2

Bretty gud.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Ok so now that I've gotten my giggles in for the day, time for an actual serious question:

Anyone know if Amazon's Android App credit would work towards the pre-order next week? I have a $15 credit they randomly gave me that expires on August 9th. Wouldn't be opposed to buying the pre-order bundle of 50 packs for $35, but I'm honestly not entirely sure precisely whether the credit will be deducted or not.

hivemind

thing I learned from my latest arena run

get a one drop in opening hand = win
don't get a one drop in opening hand = lose

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
thing I learned from my latest arena run

get a one drop in opening hand = win
don't get a one drop in opening hand = lose

Well, only a select few 1 drops fit this criteria. That said, yes, turn 1 zombie chow or flame imp on the play is incredibly powerful in arena. A T1 Leper Gnome on the other hand shouldn't be dictating the flow of the game. They trade poorly with 2/3s, annoy o tron, shielded mini, etc and 4.25 of the hero powers clear it without wasting a card. That's not to say never pick/play Leper Gnome - there are scenarios where he's the best pick, but it shouldn't be the decisive factor.

Last edited:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Ahahaha Majordomo Executus can't even catch a break in this shitty Brawl

Assassin's Blade + Mech Yeti on Executus -> +1 dmg spare part on War Golem game over

That was so funny

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Ahahaha Majordomo Executus can't even catch a break in this shitty Brawl

He's worse than ever here since everyone is running large removal and can easily pump out 8 damage, but yeah, kind of funny how awful that card is

Grinolf

Arcane
Juggernaut should be played in every control warrior deck. Y'all are fuckin retards for not doing so :smug:

So basically, we're looking at something like: Correct Phage Predictions on Cards = ~40 or so correct. Incorrect Predictions = ~2

Bretty gud.

Do you forget, that I won the right to mock you as much as I like over this whole Juggernaut issue? I didn't invoke it up until now, but I probably should start doing it every time you engage in your "I'm faultless expert" routine. And something tells me, that if you've won that time and Juggernaut became a thing (as unlikely a it was) you didn't miss a chance to remind about it constantly.
And only 2? I remember you also trashed egg, but there is apparently a guy, that make it work:
Doesn't look like a top tier deck, but the fact that it's viable on the rank 2 in the mid season make it a legitimate one. I'm sure that even more examples could be found after digging into your post history. Also I don't think predictions of obviously good or bad cards, like Dragon's Breath or Imp Boss, should count on the same scale as a tricky or combo ones like Patron and Juggernaut.
And regarding a current expansion you are risking to fall into exact same trap, as almost every card is an extreamely combo oriented, so they can't be judged propely before seeing what combos are possible and how would they play out in the future meta.
The only one, that most likely sack regardless, is a square, as I don't see any reason to play him instead of zombie even in "hero power" deck. And, probably, spiders. It doesn't look that bad after thinking about it, but it would probably be way too slow even for arena, and you are risking to lose board control and die before being able to acsh any value, by playing it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Kid, look, you should've run with the Juggernaut thing.

Bringing up "Dragon Egg Paladin" and pretending that it's a competitive deck was just retarded. I don't care if StrifeCro, one of the literal best players on the planet, can win some games at rank 2 with it. That doesn't mean anything. He isn't going to bring it to any tournaments, and Joe Blow from Down the Road would be far better off playing a real deck if he wants to hit legend. This guy https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...ese_player_fuoliver_温酒斩华佗_brings_new_account/ brought a deck to legend off of 1200 dust alone. That doesn't mean his deck was a top-tier competitive deck, it means he was good enough to make it work despite this - same case as with that dragon egg abomination.

So, like I said to that other Euro in this thread, study my posts for another year or so. Only then will you be able to shitpost with the ferocity and unbridled power that I wield.

Victor_von_Doom_(Earth-616)_from_Thor_Vol_1_600.jpg

Andhaira

Arcane
For those who haven't seen it yet:

GZM38TORF7I11437609666185.jpg

8CX41J9AMONE1437609579290.jpg

Warlock power get's IMO the best boost. I wonder how this would affect INFERNO and DIE INSECT, if it affects them

For mage it can also be useful in conjuntion with Coldarra. I am telling u lads, hero power mage/ inspire will be a deck.

Druid gets the equivalent of a free basic card each turn. They can also play this early.

Paladin can combo with quartermaster.

Priest can combine with Auchani for some strong shennaigans. 4 straight damage to any enemy for 2 mana is not a laughing matter at any turn.

The minion itself is laughably weak though, a 6/3 for 6 mana?

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
This is some next level trolling and/or shitposting by Andhaira . Literally 2 pages of discussion about how shitty this card is other than in maybe control warrior. Also it clearly says "replace your STARTING Hero Power" so it has no effect on Die Insect and whatnot.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Andhaira is so obsessed with the Codex he has access to about half a dozen accounts.

Andhaira

Arcane
This is some next level trolling and/or shitposting by Andhaira . Literally 2 pages of discussion about how shitty this card is other than in maybe control warrior. Also it clearly says "replace your STARTING Hero Power" so it has no effect on Die Insect and whatnot.

I didn't chime in with my own opinion about this card in the previous 2 pages genius.

Another card was just revealed on some livestream, a Huntard card that summons a 3/4 minion and reduces cost of all huntard cards in hand by 1 each turn it remains on board. Huntards got their own emperor it seems.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Another card was just revealed on some livestream, a Huntard card that summons a 3/4 minion and reduces cost of all huntard cards in hand by 1 each turn it remains on board. Huntards got their own emperor it seems.

Where'd you see this? I can't find anything about it on the new submissions area of the
hearthstone subreddit :oops:

Andhaira

Arcane

Where'd you see this? I can't find anything about it on the new submissions area of the
hearthstone subreddit :oops:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/18300225473

:lol:

Stop stalking me Metro. Also stop downvoting my posts on the blizz forums

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Andhaira get off of those forums lol, they're even worse than the hearthstone subreddit.

As pointed out in that thread there's no proof that this card exists at all. A google search with quotations only brings up that thread. There isn't even a link to this "live stream replay". But yes, presuming there was a 3 mana 3/4 with a mini Emp T effect, that would obviously be an outrageously powerful card.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom