Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh, I still think Justicar will be okay. Not Dr. Boom levels of CRAFT NOW, but still okay. But for F2P leeches like myself it's good that none of the legendaries released so far are 'required.' Have around 5,000ish dust so I can craft up to 3. And maybe I'll get lucky and pull one like I did Dr. Boom.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Meh, I still think Justicar will be okay. Not Dr. Boom levels of CRAFT NOW, but still okay. But for F2P leeches like myself it's good that none of the legendaries released so far are 'required.' Have around 5,000ish dust so I can craft up to 3. And maybe I'll get lucky and pull one like I did Dr. Boom.

In all seriousness though, what deck are you going to put him in, and give me a real reason why you're playing it over Sky Golem, Sylvanas, Emp T or hell, a tech card like Black Knight or Hogger? Even Cairne seems better in terms of generating value, and he's just too slow to see play lately.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Oh shit, you got me. I said cards 'look' or 'could be' good. :roll:

And then a post about how all the pros also got it wrong, and then Dr. Boom isn't imbalanced even though these same pros seem to think so. Airhead much?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

In all seriousness though, what deck are you going to put him in, and give me a real reason why you're playing it over Sky Golem, Sylvanas, Emp T or hell, a tech card like Black Knight or Hogger? Even Cairne seems better in terms of generating value, and he's just too slow to see play lately.
I'd still play it in CW over 2nd Shield Maiden. I get that it doesn't necessarily trade as well but most of my CW games go for a quite a few turns. Plus I run two Brawls for board clears. That said, it's not a card I would affirmatively craft but one I wouldn't mind pulling and would use it if I did.

Although for what it's worth Trump-o-san didn't think it was particularly good, either, but he's leaving his mind open.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

And then a post about how all the pros also got it wrong, and then Dr. Boom isn't imbalanced even though these same pros seem to think so. Airhead much?

Complaining about Dr. Boom is so 4 months ago. What pros still care about him? Genuinely curious. Three of the top 5 competitive decks - Patron Warrior, Midrange Hunter and Oil Rogue don't bother running him at all. Tons of other highly prominent ladder decks like Face Hunter, Freeze Mage, Aggro Paladin, Kolento Priest, Taunt Druid and Echo Mage also do not use him. He is not overpowered by any realistic metric. EMPT and Sylvanas show up in a similar number of decks. Piloted Shredder is in more decks than him.

Just remember that I was right. You can cling to one little post about Grim Patron all you want, but you will never, ever be a Ph. D in children's card games at this rate.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looking over the Shaman cards again they got some really great stuff. I even think the Tuskar totem dude isn't _that_ bad. Outside chance of free Totem Golem! Thunder Bluff Valiant is sort of like Quartermaster. Just need Muster for Totems.

Also Fallen Hero seems pretty broken. Coin, Fallen Hero, and you can kill almost anything your opponent puts out on their turn two with your fireblast.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Looking over the Shaman cards again they got some really great stuff. I even think the Tuskar totem dude isn't _that_ bad. Outside chance of free Totem Golem! Thunder Bluff Valiant is sort of like Quartermaster. Just need Must for Totems.

MEN

It was stated like 4 times by various posters that Tuskarr is legitimately amazing. Probably even moreso than Totem Golem upon further examination. (since he doesn't interfere with your curve)

sser

Arcane
Developer

Complaining about Dr. Boom is so 4 months ago. What pros still care about him? Genuinely curious. Three of the top 5 competitive decks - Patron Warrior, Midrange Hunter and Oil Rogue don't bother running him at all. Tons of other highly prominent ladder decks like Face Hunter, Freeze Mage, Aggro Paladin, Kolento Priest, Taunt Druid and Echo Mage also do not use him. He is not overpowered by any realistic metric. EMPT and Sylvanas show up in a similar number of decks. Piloted Shredder is in more decks than him.

Just remember that I was right. You can cling to one little post about Grim Patron all you want, but you will never, ever be a Ph. D in children's card games at this rate.

You can be right about whatever you want to be, dude. You're a caricature I see in every corner of the Hearthstone community. Just happen to show up here of all places, too.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Looking over the Shaman cards again they got some really great stuff. I even think the Tuskar totem dude isn't _that_ bad. Outside chance of free Totem Golem! Thunder Bluff Valiant is sort of like Quartermaster. Just need Must for Totems.

MEN

It was stated like 4 times by various posters that Tuskarr is legitimately amazing. Probably even moreso than Totem Golem upon further examination. (since he doesn't interfere with your curve)
Plus.... it's a Tuskarr!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
11593.jpg
: Here is a list of empirical data backing up my claim

13256.jpg
: MUH FEEEEEEEEEEEEEELZ. PEOPLE WHO SIMULTANEOUSLY HYPERBOLICALLY FUCK AROUND WHILE SOMETIMES PROVIDING LEGITIMATE ARGUMENTS FOR THINGS ON THE CODEX? IMPOSSIBLE!!

Grinolf

Arcane
btw, Grim Patron isn't the strongest part of Patron Warrior. High level Patron players unanimously state that Frothing Berserker is usually the primary win condition
Dude, don't speak about things you know little about. Berserker is a very powerful finisher, especially is enemy is stupid enough to flood the board, but against all kinds of warriors, ol kind of paladins , zoo and mech/tempo mages Patron is far more relevant than Berserker. Berserker is the key kard against Handlocks and Priests, that could easily clear the board and should be killed in one turn. In certain matches like against Warriors, Druids or Hunters it's perfectly fine to play him on turn 3 as a removal bait and don't even bother to combo him if there are no other plays. And OTK Warrior deck existed for more than a year, but never managed to be more than a gimmik until it transformed into Patron deck.

Midrange Hunter and Oil Rogue don't bother running him at all.
Good joke.

Bringing up "Dragon Egg Paladin" and pretending that it's a competitive deck was just retarded. I don't care if StrifeCro, one of the literal best players on the planet, can win some games at rank 2 with it. That doesn't mean anything. He isn't going to bring it to any tournaments, and Joe Blow from Down the Road would be far better off playing a real deck if he wants to hit legend. This guy https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3e77on/chinese_player_fuoliver_温酒斩华佗_brings_new_account/ brought a deck to legend off of 1200 dust alone. That doesn't mean his deck was a top-tier competitive deck, it means he was good enough to make it work despite this - same case as with that dragon egg abomination.
Dude, if the deck is good enough to face decks of ranks 2-legends players in the early-mid season (no idea when it was recorded), it's a competitive deck. And if there is a competitive deck, that make specific card work, then this card isn't a complete garbage and more like average very niche card that has it's place in the game, like Illidan. And am I mistaken, or didn't you call Illidan worse than Millhouse? Not sure why I decided to miss this comedic masterpiece.
In your link I see just a budged version of mech mage. It's so unexpected that it went into legend. Try harder the next time.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
btw, Grim Patron isn't the strongest part of Patron Warrior. High level Patron players unanimously state that Frothing Berserker is usually the primary win condition
Dude, don't speak about things you know little about. Berserker is a very powerful finisher, especially is enemy is stupid enough to flood the board, but against all kinds of warriors, ol kind of paladins , zoo and mech/tempo mages Patron is far more relevant than Berserker. Berserker is the key kard against Handlocks and Priests, that could easily clear the board and should be killed in one turn. In certain matches like against Warriors, Druids or Hunters it's perfectly fine to play him on turn 3 as a removal bait and don't even bother to combo him if there are no other plays. And OTK Warrior deck existed for more than a year, but never managed to be more than a gimmik until it transformed into Patron deck.

Read some Patron Warrior guides and watch some pros play. T3h Rat in particular has made it abundantly clear that Frothing is your best win con in many matchups. I'm not discounting the Grim Patron entirely, I'm simply saying that GP isn't the biggest key - it's battle rage and berseker.

You're not really making a good argument either way.

Midrange Hunter and Oil Rogue don't bother running him at all.
Good joke.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/PowerRank/May2015_3/Purpledrank_Midrange_Hunter.png
http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/PowerRank/July2015_1/Deathstarv3_Midrange_Hunter.png
http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/PowerRank/May2015_2/Protohype_Hybrid_Hunter.png
http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/PowerRank/July2015_1/Deathstarv3_Midrange_Hunter.png

http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/PowerRank/June2015_4/Dog_Rogue.png
http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/PowerRank/July2015_1/MrYagut_Rogue.png

Literally every single very recent decklist from the actual professional players. Obliterated.

Bringing up "Dragon Egg Paladin" and pretending that it's a competitive deck was just retarded. I don't care if StrifeCro, one of the literal best players on the planet, can win some games at rank 2 with it. That doesn't mean anything. He isn't going to bring it to any tournaments, and Joe Blow from Down the Road would be far better off playing a real deck if he wants to hit legend. This guy https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3e77on/chinese_player_fuoliver_温酒斩华佗_brings_new_account/ brought a deck to legend off of 1200 dust alone. That doesn't mean his deck was a top-tier competitive deck, it means he was good enough to make it work despite this - same case as with that dragon egg abomination.
Dude, if the deck is good enough to face decks of ranks 2-legends players in the early-mid season (no idea when it was recorded), it's a competitive deck. And if there is a competitive deck, that make specific card work, then this card isn't a complete garbage and more like average very niche card that has it's place in the game, like Illidan. And am I mistaken, or didn't you call Illidan worse than Millhouse? Not sure why I decided to miss this comedic masterpiece.
In your link I see just a budged version of mech mage. It's so unexpected that it went into legend. Try harder the next time.

Again, just because one of the best players in the world can win a couple of matches at Rank 2 doesn't mean anything. It means he won despite the egg being a poor card due to his excellent skill and/or some positive variance. You, unsurprisingly, entirely missed the point of what I've said. I said four months ago Dragon Egg is garbage (I'm actually happy you care so much that you remembered). It's unanimously considered shit in arena - so no surprises there. In constructed numerous decks such as that one and Trump's Warlock Egg Zoo deck have been experimented with, and have won a few games at okay ranks, but ultimately do not reach Legend, and will never see tournament play. Therefore, it is not a competitive card - it's bad. Just because a bad or suboptimal deck can reach legend doesn't make the cards in them good.

And yes, Thrillhouse still trumps Illidan. Thrillhouse provides you with the slim chance of playing a 2 mana 4/4 when your opponent has no spells in hand which can flat out win the game. Illidan on the other hand is simply bad. That is a very, very weak point to try to harp on since we are comparing trash with trash.

I'm honestly flattered that my sheer dominance over your mind has reached this point. I presume you flail around at night trying to get the murmurs of Phage out of your mind but fail to find respite. Also develop your reading comprehension, it's very useful in life.

Step it up at least 1000 notches before you enter the Banana Court of Phage Von Phagenstein.

537ba8e5a36c4.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
11593.jpg
: Here is a list of empirical data backing up my claim

13256.jpg
: MUH FEEEEEEEEEEEEEELZ. PEOPLE WHO SIMULTANEOUSLY HYPERBOLICALLY FUCK AROUND WHILE SOMETIMES PROVIDING LEGITIMATE ARGUMENTS FOR THINGS ON THE CODEX? IMPOSSIBLE!!

Yes, spaz out some more. It's very endearing.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I love this thread so much.

Anytime I want, I come in, make a factual statement, then a half-dozen Euros flip the fuck out and trip over themselves to attack me, only to fall directly onto my boots. Then after I point out to them why they were empirically wrong they resort to "ur a caricature!!" or dig up an unrelated post from 5 months ago - usually they get crushed when bringing those up as well. Sometimes they catch me making a bad prediction - but the ratio is literally like 90% correct 10% wrong.

It's kind of addicting really - curbstomping random people on the internet. I honestly have a bit of a problem and waste way more time than I should doing so. If I spent all the time and energy I wasted destroying random euros on the internet on something productive I'd probably be rich and/or fucking ultra models. So in that sense I should really just stop going on the codex entirely.

Thing is I'm stuck! If I stop curbstomping Euros then who will stop them? They'll think that the illustrious Ph D of Children's Card Games Phage von Phagentstein: Mascot and Celebrity of the Hearthstone Thread™ has forsaken fighting the good fight! They may even delude themselves into thinking they've won!

Plus all those sweet sweet endorphins. Every argument dominated releases a flood of life affirming positive chemicals into my brain. I think I finally understand Cleve, and that's a terrifying prospect.

I think I need an intervention.

teaser-image-dooms-infinite-gauntlet-20080908010233471-000.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
I honestly have a bit of a problem and waste way more time than I should doing so. If I spent all the time and energy I wasted destroying random euros on the internet on something productive I'd probably be rich and/or fucking ultra models. So in that sense I should really just stop going on the codex entirely..

Bruh, I told you this already. Get on it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I honestly have a bit of a problem and waste way more time than I should doing so. If I spent all the time and energy I wasted destroying random euros on the internet on something productive I'd probably be rich and/or fucking ultra models. So in that sense I should really just stop going on the codex entirely..

But then who would keep the legacy StrawSser alive!?

sser

Arcane
Developer

But then who would keep the legacy StrawSser alive!?

Memories of you, of course, spurred on by an army of all-bark-no-Legend dogs that fill up the Hearthstone communitas.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Honestly I'll take getting 2 12'ers in arena in a row over hitting legend as an accomplishment any day. If you really care that much about Legend (lol) I'll hit it in August just for you. I've never sat down and played 200 ranked games in a season, but with the new expansion coming out it'll be easier than ever since retards will try to play Justicar in their decks :smug:

You goddamn fool sser, you just powered me up even further.

J1M

Arcane
Why don't you just play each other? It won't even require plane tickets.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Why don't you just play each other? It won't even require plane tickets.

He's delusional enough to think I'd bother talking to him if I were on his list, lol. He seems unable to separate the parts of my posts that are well-reasoned objective facts (Like Dr. Boom's usage) and the parts that are clearly hyperbolic fucking around (Dr. Doom, calling a texan a euro, etc) same deal with Grinolf and that AMG guy.

In all honesty people like UglyBastard are mostly extremely reasonable and can think logically - he's basically American.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Your trolling efforts are admirable as always. All it took to muster a shitload of paragraphs and Google searches for comic book characters was to show that you were - if I may - objectively wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom