Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i'm not really liking that 1/8 though. It needs 6 mana to be useful right away, and it doesn't even have taunt... would not use except maybe in some priest deck / 10

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's a neutral. A very bad one at that. Seriously, if you want to play hurr durr inner fire divine spirit combo just do Deathlord - at least he's a target that you want to have silenced. If it gets BGH'd you were going to lose anyways for wasting cards/turns jerking off.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Been over 24 hours since shit-kraken was spoiled. I don't get it, is blizzard going to release these vote a cards every other day or something?

I'm just thoroughly baffled at their reluctance to build real hype for their upcoming product. No release date set in stone either. Starting to wonder if the cards are even fully finished yet.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Actually, as I mentioned before, a Sen'jin Shield Masta gains you roughly 5, sometimes more health in aggro matchups.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
By heal cards I mean cards like this new garbage and the heal bot.

Andhaira

Arcane
Justicar Trueheart + Velen combo seems horrifically overpowered.

Justicar's effect is a battlecry so once played it doesn't need to survive. Play Velen next turn and you have 8 heal for 2 mana. You can even use this to help Velen survive...

Until Auchani Soulpriest is played, which is 8 damage to any enemy for 2 mana.

Not to mention Majordomo Mage is looking like a real possibility, wherein Coldara + Maiden while you are ragnaros'd means upto 80 points of damage in a turn. Yeah it will be super hard to pull off, but this can partly work with Coldarra and Ragnaros'd hero for some major damage in a turn. If you don't kill your enemy then you will likely die next turn, unless if you have Ice Block and Ice Barriers up to help you live.

Finally ping mage will be super annoying. A mage using her hero power the entire turn.

Do Blizz designers use crack while designing these cards?

edit: Paladin's better get some love with this expansion. I want some good shit for them, especially at lower mana curve and some strong spells. Their legendary this time should be a weapon, or at least something better than Bolvar.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Men we just had like 5 pages of discussion about how Justicar isn't good enough. Even in your Velen scenario, it's STILL not as good as simply playing Dr. Boom on turn 7. You're basically playing a War Golem that is prone to single-target removal for the hopes that you can heal 8 damage the next turn. Your soulpriest scenario requires 2 legendaries to have been played, and one of them to survive. Statistically unlikely, and this is a turn 8 combo. Decks like Oil Rogue shit out more impressive amounts of damage on turn 8 with far greater consistency.

It will be difficult keeping Colderra alive a full turn. Even moreso to keep a Colderra + Maiden of Lake. This has been discussed a trillion times already.

This Majordomo thing is... well I've actually seen people discussing that on other forums. Thing is, it's pointless. Freeze mage is stronger and more consistent.

So yes, Blizzard devs probably are on crack - I can't figure out what they're thinking with revealing these underwhelming cards.

Also Tuskarr is a common as is totem golem. Shaman confirmed god-tier in arena after TGT

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Again, MEN, they need 70% garbage/filler cards to meet the quota and for Arena play. If they only put out quality cards people consistently played then expansions would be fifty cards max and people would theoretically only have to buy half the packs they do to 'complete' a collection.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Meanwhile, as the fools dare question Victor Von Phage

The most perfectly drafted deck in the history of Hearthstone Arena

gcFVFAA.jpg

qo5zGYv.jpg

Final proof of TRIUMPH:

OoJpccg.png

Spoils of victory:

OJla9vj.png

Not really much to take away from this. Basically, Ratsmah was right that Warlock is the strongest arena class right now. It does require more thought than mage/paladin though. You need to know precisely when to lifetap. If you tap too soon or too late you lose.

Succubus and Pit Lord really aren't nearly as bad as a lot of people make them out to be. Sure, it stings to have Succ trade with a 3 attack 2 drop, or for her to discard a sweet card, but your hero power will almost always make up the difference. Pit Lord is usually a 2 for 1, and usually (though not always) that 2 for 1 is worth 5 life.

Once I sit down and grind out legend next month I'll be master of both arena and constructed!

Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_537_Textless.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Now try it on EU servers kid.

Why would I make it easier on myself? :smug:

I've actually considered making an EU account, but on the other hand I don't even have all the cards I'd like (still missing random things like Grommash, Malygos, Leeroy, Sneed's for example) let alone golden versions of cards I like (should get some gold piloted shredder - ultimate card) so it's hard to justify making an EU account since that'd be time not getting MORE GOLD

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
3 Imp Gang Bosses means also at least 3 victories.

Hush, let the children be amazed that no legendaries one epic reached 12-0 and disregard the fact that Imp Gang and Implosion are better than every warlock-available epic other than maybe Bane of Doom and most legendaries :cool:

Andhaira

Arcane
I was doing an arena run at the same time as Phage

Didn't end as well though :lol:

92% of my matches were against Warlocks...wtf??

On the other hand, call me the master of Tavern Brawl!

p8jDxtc.jpg

:yeah:

hivemind

So one turn I'm literally one damage of lethal and the next turn the nobrain druid kills me with combo - in arena.

hivemind

And now I get a doomsayer from an enemy's piloted shredder AFTER I played a minion.

Like yeah I could have played around it but what is with the RNG today.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This tavern brawl was great for farming quests.

Also, was it just me or did nearly half of the people who entered try playing with a normal deck?

Grubba

Arcane
...Although I will say something like Bomb Lobber is a card that would see more play if the meta were slower.

I'm a fan. I've been running two of them in mech shaman and seems to work pretty well (got to rank 5 last month and will probably get close to that this month. I don't have the Fel Reavers or Ragnaros so I had to find something else and I remembered early lists ran the lobber. Almost always kills an enemy minion and leaves you with a 3/3 body. Also gives you a little more freedom to go face with stuff like powermace, fire elemental, and crackle/lava burst.

I have around 2k dust so I'll probably craft Ragnaros but I haven't been able to convince myself that spending 800 on 2x Fel Reaver is worth it. Any other mech shaman players that can chime in?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Need more spoilers to tell you all obvious things about only to be told "bruh you just dont understand muh major domo combo" :negative:

hivemind

once the expansion is released I will pay 100$ for packs so I can make this deck

double shadowform
vellen
the 1 mana cost hero power card
the infinite hero power card
auchenai
the bonus dmg hero power card
some filler

can this get to legend?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
once the expansion is released I will pay 100$ for packs so I can make this deck

double shadowform
vellen
the 1 mana cost hero power card
the infinite hero power card
auchenai
the bonus dmg hero power card
some filler

can this get to legend?
yeah spend 100 dollars on it
do it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom