Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Explorerbc

Arcane
I have around 2k dust so I'll probably craft Ragnaros but I haven't been able to convince myself that spending 800 on 2x Fel Reaver is worth it. Any other mech shaman players that can chime in?

Since the next expansion is just around the corner, I'd say don't craft anything for now and wait to see how the new meta is shaped. A lot of decks could potentially become worthless, and you might need the dust for the new ones.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
...Although I will say something like Bomb Lobber is a card that would see more play if the meta were slower.

I'm a fan. I've been running two of them in mech shaman and seems to work pretty well (got to rank 5 last month and will probably get close to that this month. I don't have the Fel Reavers or Ragnaros so I had to find something else and I remembered early lists ran the lobber. Almost always kills an enemy minion and leaves you with a 3/3 body. Also gives you a little more freedom to go face with stuff like powermace, fire elemental, and crackle/lava burst.

I have around 2k dust so I'll probably craft Ragnaros but I haven't been able to convince myself that spending 800 on 2x Fel Reaver is worth it. Any other mech shaman players that can chime in?
Mech Shaman probably won't be a thing after the expansion goes live since Shaman get quite a few new strong cards and we haven't even seen them all yet. I wouldn't craft anything until then.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
...Although I will say something like Bomb Lobber is a card that would see more play if the meta were slower.

I'm a fan. I've been running two of them in mech shaman and seems to work pretty well (got to rank 5 last month and will probably get close to that this month. I don't have the Fel Reavers or Ragnaros so I had to find something else and I remembered early lists ran the lobber. Almost always kills an enemy minion and leaves you with a 3/3 body. Also gives you a little more freedom to go face with stuff like powermace, fire elemental, and crackle/lava burst.

Mech Shaman probably won't be a thing after the expansion goes live since Shaman get quite a few new strong cards and we haven't even seen them all yet. I wouldn't craft anything until then.

Well, yes and no.

If we were to just only the new cards as spoiled, then mech shaman would still be around, just smart people would remove two flex cards and replace them with Tuskarrs. (Not too sure that the 3/4 is worth fucking up your curve in mech shaman)

With that said, you're definitely right that there's no point in crafting anything for any deck at all right now. For all we know the last 100 cards could be so powerful that every deck ever is solely made from only them.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's funny how they tried that in GvG. I guess they figured Neptulon + Siltfin would be amazing synergy. Although most classes had terrible epic cards from that expansion. Well, most epics total were terrible per my list last page. I think they're too afraid of people screaming 'ERMAGERD PERRWER KREEEEEEEEP' so they push out these niche cards.

hivemind

Foe Reaper from Sneed's from THOUGHTSTEAL

I really enjoy deserved losses, they help me learn and become a better player.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
My fucking arena must be rigged cause I've been offered 3 times in a row the same fucking Hero choice.

Andhaira

Arcane
I have yet to get a legendary as a choice in arena, and only a max of 1 epic per arena game. Sometimes not even that.

Andhaira

Arcane
this was at 1-2

If you get 1-2 in arena right off the bat you should play constructed more to get a feel for the cards. Just reading /alt tabing card ratings on some arena guide website and putting what the website tells you is the best in each draft pick into your class won't get you anywhere. What card works best in arena depends on the makeup of your deck at that point in the draft and your mana curve, the only way to know it is to have played various cards and know how they work and interact at different points along the curve.

UglyBastard

Arcane
this was at 1-2

If you get 1-2 in arena right off the bat you should play constructed more to get a feel for the cards. Just reading /alt tabing card ratings on some arena guide website and putting what the website tells you is the best in each draft pick into your class won't get you anywhere. What card works best in arena depends on the makeup of your deck at that point in the draft and your mana curve, the only way to know it is to have played various cards and know how they work and interact at different points along the curve.

That's not exactly true. Heartharena takes mana curve and deck makeup/synergies into consideration and drafts very good. Even great Arena players will not have many differences in their drafts compared to this site, only a few cards if any. The site is way better than a simple tier list, which is actually a plague for good Arena players because their drafting advantage is nullified and every braindead retard can draft an excellent deck with the help of this tool. I'd wager to say that the site drafts better than you (no offense, it is just REALLY good).

Also getting raped in Arena doesn't necessarily mean you are bad, it's very luck based after all. I don't know what my winrate in Arena is, but I'm sure that it's pretty damn near to infinite and even I got pwned 0/3 with a deck that had 3 Truesilvers and Tirion Fordring in it once. Shit happens.
It only means you are bad when you get a lot of bad runs. I don't know how good hivemind is but I'm pretty sure lecturing people on l2p because they got one bad Arena run is very slippery terrain.

Last edited:

hivemind

I don't use drafting websites because I think that takes out a big part of the game away.

I'm kinda okay at arena I guess.

I usually get like 5-6 wins and best was 9 wins with a priest deck and 9 wins with a shaman deck.

I don't play mage because it's boring as fuck.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
New card : Coliseum Manager, 3 mana 2/5. Inspire : return this minion to your hand.

en-us-full.png

Andhaira

Arcane
New card : Coliseum Manager, 3 mana 2/5. Inspire : return this minion to your hand.

en-us-full.png

:lol:

More annoying than the card itself, they wasted some great art on a shitty card with a shittier name. Ivoted for this thinking it would be a kickass paladin friendly neutral minion because Pally's could use something at 3 mana aside from Aldor, but we get this instead. Fuck you blizzard.

Next 2 up for voting are legendaries. I voted for the one without tit art as it looks paladiny and kewl. They actually want you to tweet about it; the more tweets the faster it gets revealed. I guess they are worried people aren't hyped about this enough?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah that is some pretty cool artwork. I bet the golden version looks great.

Not sure I get the point of the card though; it does have -3 attack so I guess it can charge with Warriors. You could technically use it to cycle for a giant...?

I'm wondering what the rest of the Rogue cards are. They seem to be getting kinda screwed with this whole inspire idea.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
so, what's the point?
enter some sort of soft-lock where i attack with it, use the ability and replay it? that allows me to kill off aggro decks slowly?
i don't understand how to use this

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
1) Always possible it makes more sense in conjunction with yet to be seen TGT cards.
2) It's one of the 90 or so shit filler cards no one will play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom