Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah I think Sneed's would be the safest choice if those were literally your first selections and you didn't yet know what kind of deck you were going to have.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
For it's 9 mana cost Alex isn't all that great in a deck you know nothing about before hand. By the time you're able to play it your opponent might have less than 15 health or maybe you shave off a point or two making it a fairly unspectacular 9 mana 8/8. Granted Sneed's could give you Cho or Pagel or something worthless but the odds are you'll get some decent size legendary that'll trade into other things and you could hit the jackpot with a big one (8/8 dragon) or Tirion or something crazy like that.

Basically pleb-phage took three paragraphs to say 'Yeah, I'm probably wrong on this one.'

Oh snap.

Andhaira

Arcane
Yeah I think Sneed's would be the safest choice if those were literally your first selections and you didn't yet know what kind of deck you were going to have.

The class he chose was mage. It makes Alex a no brainer choice in arena out of the 1st draft pic.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
For it's 9 mana cost Alex isn't all that great in a deck you know nothing about before hand. By the time you're able to play it your opponent might have less than 15 health or maybe you shave off a point or two making it a fairly unspectacular 9 mana 8/8. Granted Sneed's could give you Cho or Pagel or something worthless but the odds are you'll get some decent size legendary that'll trade into other things and you could hit the jackpot with a big one (8/8 dragon) or Tirion or something crazy like that.

Basically pleb-phage took three paragraphs to say 'Yeah, I'm probably wrong on this one.'

Oh snap.

Go learn what immediate impact is, come to understand how important it is, and learn how to play the game boyo.

Jozoz

Prophet
I'm just speaking from my experience with Alex in arena. The battlecry just hasn't been impactful. It certainly can be, but it's just one of those effects that is much much stronger in constructed.

I agree Healbot isn't the best comparison, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch. 3/3 for 5 is awful and 8/8 for 9 is really bad as well. It's not quite as bad since something that big will be relevant no matter what, but it's worth noting that it's worse stats per mana than War Golem.

I just don't see how Alextrasza has any notable immediate impact. Yeah you can shoot them in the face and put them to 15, but then you need a board or a lot of burn for it to be really threatening. It's just very specific and so is healing with Alex, which is why I just don't feel it is worth paying 9 mana for.

It's certainly not terrible or anything, but in my mind it's undoubtedly pretty average. I think ADWCTA or whatever his name has this card rated too highly on his tier list. It's certainly not as good as Cairne or Foe Reaper!!!!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
ITT euros can't figure out how to properly use Alexstraza in arena

ugFfz9D.jpg

Masterrace reporting in

Andhaira

Arcane
635738980962741879.png

OcAtCr2.jpg

Spellslinger
3 mana; 3/4, Mage Class Minion
Battlecry: Add a random spell to each player's hand.
*Common*

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3f8w5x/a_new_card_released_on_17173com/
Looks sub par, because it can help your opponent more than you. Still, could have synergy with Mana Wyrm/Flamewalker/Mana Addict (yes I know this is a neutral, I run it in my mage deck sometimes)

edit: added in translated & high res version of card

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Amaz to announce new card (mage spell) soon

CLK5uBZWUAAGJt9.png

Art seems to imply something to do with armor penetration. But we've already seen how accurate art can be for this expansion...(collesium manager lolz)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Spellslinger
3 mana; 3/4, Mage Class Minion
Battlecry: Add a random spell to each player's hand.
*Common*

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3f8w5x/a_new_card_released_on_17173com/
Looks sub par, because it can help your opponent more than you. Still, could have synergy with Mana Wyrm/Flamewalker/Mana Addict (yes I know this is a neutral, I run it in my mage deck sometimes)

edit: added in translated & high res version of card

shit in constructed, but he's still going to be a top-tier arena card, tbh. 3/4 for 3 is just too godlike in arena.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Someone needs to tell Trump it's FlameWALKER not FlameWAKER. For a smarter than average guy he seems to have an issue with reading basic words. He also calls Soot Spewer, 'SUIT' Spewer.

Jozoz

Prophet
To this day Trump still says Snapjaw Turtle even after he lost a round in that Jeopardy thing because of it.

Andhaira

Arcane
For a smarter than average guy

What exactly makes you think he is smarter than average? Not saying he is not, but just because he endorses a product and earns a nice amount of $$$ for it doesn't mean he is smarter than average. Plenty of dumb bimbos endorse shit in media and they aren't what you would call smart; just opportunistic, gold digger noses and big fake tits.

Andhaira

Arcane
Amaz to announce new card (mage spell) soon

CLK5uBZWUAAGJt9.png

Art seems to imply something to do with armor penetration. But we've already seen how accurate art can be for this expansion...(collesium manager lolz)

And upon closer inspection that looks like a lance covered in fire. So FLame Lance will likely be it's name, and possibly it will function in a similar way to Ice Lance, except it will have synergy with fire spells like fireball.

If I am proven right it means I am smarter than average and Metro must buy me some card packs. :salute:

UglyBastard

Arcane
Someone needs to tell Trump it's FlameWALKER not FlameWAKER. For a smarter than average guy he seems to have an issue with reading basic words. He also calls Soot Spewer, 'SUIT' Spewer.

Flamewakers HATE being confused for Flamewalkers. They just wake up fire, they don't walk on it. Walking on fire is CRAZY.

- Blizzard 2015

So FLame Lance will likely be it's name, and possibly it will function in a similar way to Ice Lance, except it will have synergy with fire spells like fireball.

If I am proven right it means I am smarter than average and Metro must buy me some card packs. :salute:

This is highly unlikely, because fire spells in Hearthstone do not have a stat effect like "frozen" (the equivalent would probably be "burn"), which would mean that Blizzard needs to make engine modifications for this to detect the casting of other "fire" spells AND clarify on existing cards that they count as "fire". This will not happen.

That means that your proposal is not one that a smarter than average player would make because it is very obviously going to fail. :(

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
This is highly unlikely, because fire spells in Hearthstone do not have a stat effect like "frozen" (the equivalent would probably be "burn"), which would mean that Blizzard needs to make engine modifications for this to detect the casting of other "fire" spells AND clarify on existing cards that they count as "fire". This will not happen.

There is precedent for this. When GvG was released, many cards were given specific types; Dragons became 'Dragon' type cards while Mechs became 'Mech' type cards. And so on.

Also not sure if this was posted here yet:

635733926567888249.png

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Demonfire is so very much better, but even that one is pretty shitty.

Andhaira

Arcane
Not that bad actually. Demon synergy with Implosion and Gangmaster; when I play Warlocks I always use those 1/1 imps for something, be it power overwhelming combo'd into Voidwalker or Sacrifical Pact or Demonfire. (don't have demonheart)

Still, the price is shit. Why would I play give my enemy a mana crystal if I can just play Demon Fire.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So an extra 1/1 in stats is worth giving your opponent a leg up? Who designs this?

hivemind

shit in constructed, but he's still going to be a top-tier arena card, tbh. 3/4 for 3 is just too godlike in arena.
idk it seems like a card that can lose you the game almost as much as it can win it for you because of the RNG

I'm probably not going to risk it too often.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom