Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
34 cards revealed and about 10 I'd want to pull from packs. Pretty much holding to their average.

Frost Giant - could be good in freeze mage.
Justicar Trueheart - I still believe!
Thunder Bluff Valient
Effigy
The two Valkyriesasrasraes or w/e they're called.
Tuskarr Totemic
Lock 'n Load
Fallen Hero
Totem Golem
And... uh... maybe Flame Juggler but it's possibly worse than Mad Bomber.

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Hunter Card:

Re5XEr1.png

Grubba

Arcane
Seems like a lot of cards in this set are "well it's good if you have Maiden of the Lake in play".

So ya, that. Otherwise this card seems pretty shitty (and it's an epic, yikes). Turn 8 before you get anything out of it (8 mana for 4 face damage!). Better have some good inspire minions on the board too.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
These cards are fucking shit, they have to try harder if they want my preorder monies.
Buying $50 in packs is always a bad idea given how many filler cards they have. It's only for Streamers or people who simply have to have all the cards day one. Buying around 20ish packs with gold will probably cover 80-90% of the useful cards.

wouldn't the card work as a finisher for a face hunter?
Maybe? You wouldn't get any use out of it until Turn 8 (assuming you didn't have those cost reduction cards in play, which a face hunter probably wouldn't). Easier ways for a face hunter to deal more damage for less like Quickshot or Kill Command combos. Even on Turn 10 this would be 10 mana for 6 face damage. Quickshot+hero power is 5 face damage for 4 mana.

hivemind

yeah but like they probably don't have much more than 6 health at turn 10

or are face hunter games over far before turn 10 in either direction ?

I don't really play autismstructed so I'm not sure about the details

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're usually over before turn 10. Anyway, the point is it's horribly inefficient to spend 10 mana to deal 6 face damage. It's even worse to spend 8 mana to deal 4 face damage. You can replace this card for Arcane Golem or Wolf Rider or something.

If anything it would be more useful in some type of control deck where you had Sniper on the board so you could target minions. Even then it's terrible.

Legendaries excluded it would take me under 1,000 dust to craft all of the good cards revealed so far. Again, buying packs with cash is not worth it.

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If someone were going to make a troll card wouldn't they make one less shitty?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I was pretty certain that was fake due to the art, but yeah, Andhaira, get the fuck off of battle.net forums you crazy djinn.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
god damn the left card in the current vote is hot
i will play her in every deck no matter how shit she is

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Silent Knight is simply too overcosted. He doesn't fit into any constructed decks at all, except for maybe super-budget. Even then, you'd be better off running spider tank and harvest golem. Compare him to Shielded Minibot in the same class. That 1 mana is a world of difference in the early game. Alternatively, compare him to the angel bitches for the 3 drop buff slot. Note: I'm not implying SK should've only cost 2, that'd be pretty broken. What I'm saying is they should've made him a 2/3 or something.

Spellslinger is p. bad in freeze mage. You are getting a completely random spell. What are you removing from the already tuned FM deck to throw in a vanilla 3/4 that might give you Deadly Poison?

Andhaira

Arcane
If someone were going to make a troll card wouldn't they make one less shitty?

It combos well with Justicar Trueheart and Maiden of the Lake. You are looking at potentially 18 damage in a single turn if Maiden is on board and Justicar already played, from hero power alone.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It combos well with Justicar Trueheart and Maiden of the Lake. You are looking at potentially 18 damage in a single turn if Maiden is on board and Justicar already played, from hero power alone.

:lol:

You really are one of the better trolls on this site Andhaira

:excellent:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Interesting to note that this guy is pretty much literally a half of an argent commander.

It illustrates the point that overall impact is one of the major components of a strong card in a CCG.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I could see that card being taken over Wolf Rider for the facedecks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom