Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That is a very cool card. I never really liked druids, but this has got me interested.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Strong card because it's 'downside' isn't really much of a downside since by the time your opponent kills it it's already done its job.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
what if you lost 2 ?

would the card be viable ??

No. It's viable because it really has no downside - just a temporary upside.

It's also pretty fucking great vs Mirror Entity. Also has synergy with pandas and recombobulator (pandas likely won't make it in ever, but recombob sometimes pops up in lists). You can even silence it with Keeper if you really want (would be worth if you have a sick 5 drop coming up and no 4)

It's also great in arena for all of these reasons - especially since Druid is a ping class, meaning if you smash it into another 2/3 you can finish off that 2/3 (though usually you're better off just playing a 3 drop).

I really do think this card will be a 2-of in every good druid deck. It may take people like a month to do it (like how it took a month for shredder to be the staple 4 drop) but it's really good.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
dat card is zick!! it got a big booty chick too!!!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
another good card
(actually very good)

cKcEQp6.jpg

Seari

Arcane
Patron
It's contested by 3/2 2 drops, and there aren't many 4 health higher drops for it to contest(so far). Doesn't fit in any warlock deck.

hivemind

it gets countered really hard by priest with a shadowboxer tho

you can just infinitely heal the wrathguard as it takes dmg from the shadowboxer

not sure if this will be viable given that a lot of the other cards incentivise hero powers and so the priest can just spam his more and make the warlock take really lots of dmg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
People on reddit and whatnot are overreacting to Wrathguard tbh. Will it be played in Zoo? It very well could - it's strong enough in a vacuum. Problem is taking anything out. Maybe the haunted creepers? But those are pretty important against AoE, and help make knife juggler broken. The Dire Wolf Alphas? Those are important for activating eggs. Knife Juggler? Nah, those are actually stronger than this. Nerubian Egg? lol, u high nigga.

The reason why I am pessimistic is because most 2 drops trade with it, as does Flame Imp. Most early removal spells also kill it.

It is, funnily enough, an option for Handlock in the zombie chow slot. You can kill 1/2 of their guys and get closer to molten range in the process.

On the other hand, he's a liability late game.

Andhaira

Arcane
another good card
(actually very good)

cKcEQp6.jpg

I am not so sure. In constructed a Crackle or a Frostbolt could not only take this out before it can attack, but you take damage as well. Furthermore the longer it survives the greater the risk to the playing Warlock as more powerful minions will be played resulting in greater risk to the warlock. Though I can see potential if this is combined with Sacrificial Pact.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if the new druid 2 drop will replace wild growth, or will both be used in the same deck.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I can see a wailing soul deck with it.

That's the reddit mindset, from the comments I've read, yeah.

It's the wrong way to look at it because the wailing soul deck isn't worth it. You either have to fill your deck with random shit like Dancing Swords, Ancient Watcher, Deathlord, etc and then hope you curve out with them into a Wailing Soul - or you shove WS into a regular druid deck, which will be full of things that you don't want silenced. Either way it's not worth it. Plus, WS by himself is a 3/5 for 4 which is decidedly 'eh'. There's just no room for something like him in a world of Piloted Shredders.

The reason why this new druid card is pretty much the best card revealed yet (other than Tuskarr getting you totem golem and the possible but unlikely L+L deck) is because it's okay if the card isn't silenced. At worst it is a 2/3 that trades with something or eats a removal. At best it provides you a turn 3 shredder, and keeps you ramped.

Jozoz

Prophet
If it was a 3/4 it would be amazing.

4/3 and 3/4 are just worlds apart in terms of how good they are.

sser

Arcane
Developer
That'd actually be a good card if some kind of minion-focused Rogue deck comes around. Kinda sucks because Rogue has a number of interesting minions that just can't seem to find any play.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's pretty fuckin good in arena if you have the coin.

Blizzard keeps pushing these combo cards, but they've failed to implement more decent 0 costing spells to go with them, as a result the class just becomes further and further dependent on the coin to excel.

Jozoz

Prophet
Doesn't really fit with the whole tempo theme Rogue usually have. This is of a value minion. Will be good in Arena.

hivemind

Coin+this on turn 4 seems pretty tempo to me.

How is it a value minion?

It's a 1 mana cheaper boulderfist that requires a combo activator, doesn't seem much of a value card at all.

but maybe I'm wrong

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's both value and tempo under those circumstances. Problem is you need the activator.

Jozoz

Prophet
Slamming down a big dude is not exactly tempo though, since it has no immediate impact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom