Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Let's see your dissertation, MEN.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
There's no dissertation to be made. He's, in his own euro way, agreeing with me by repeating what I've said. The legend of phage continues.

sser

Arcane
Developer
There's no dissertation to be made. He's, in his own euro way, agreeing with me by repeating what I've said. The legend of phage continues.

Says the goof who thinks Rogue doesn't have enough cards to combo out a 5 drop. Nothing is wrong with the combo on the 6/7 -- it's the simple fact it does nothing upon hitting the board when the core of Rogue is constant tempo and board control. These are two very different reasons for the card potentially not seeing play. Again, for a four-mana slot I could play Violet Teacher, coin, poison, prep + spell, and have a 3/5 and 4 1/1's on the board (look at dat hard-to-get c-c-combo, more combo cards Blizzard pls). On the other hand, I could coin out a 6/7 that does nothing except be big + prep-spell a removal. There are way too many removals on hand to make that play worth doing. That is, with the current Rogue decks. I think if you look at something like Mech Rogue you could weasel that 6/7 into it. It's also why I think this card is made for a deck archetype that doesn't really exist... yet. Which would peachy. Damn goofs.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Look, sser - I get it, you watch this thread and sit there and hope to find any moment you can try to argue against the infallible Phage. Similar to how that random Grinolf kid appears once every 10 pages just to scream at me. I get the game.

The fact of the matter is, a Rogue Minion deck requires more reliable ways to trigger Defias Ringleader. This ties into the issue with this card. Every time Blizzard shits out another random combo minion, it's not going to be used unless rogue has better ways to activate them, unless it's something egregiously powerful like SI:7 Agent.

You are agreeing with me, just in this strange wordy round about way. You're just so blinded by chasing the White Whale of Victor Von Phage that you can't understand that.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
hearthstone-new-card-grande-torneio.jpg

Choose one +1/+1 and stealth, or Charge.

Pretty much a high-tier arena card. Versatility is 2gud. A fine choice in constructed, but probably won't make it in any decks.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So it gets +1 attack if you choose charge or +1 health if you choose stealth? Cool card.

edit: Oh nevermind, misread.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Nope, for charge it's a 2/1 for stealth it's a 3/2.

Kinda like this. Might try a beast druid deck. I don't particularly like druid as it is now, although that may have something to do with the fact that I got the least good cards for him.

Jozoz

Prophet
It obviously shapeshifts...

Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Fang and Druid of the Flame are all beasts unless they get pulled out by something like Deathlord.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Hm. I hadn't considered that. Good point. The fact that it can have stealth increases the possibility of a beast deck (since it wont instantly get killed). Probably will end up being hobgoblin/gimmicky tier, but will probably be capable of hitting legend in the last week of the season.

Jozoz

Prophet
Both charge and stealth has synergy with savage roar. Maybe it will be a good anti aggro tech card instead of Shade.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fucking druids, MEN. Getting some good cards. It's not so much that either iteration is zomg amazing it's that the versatility is combo'ed in one card.

Fingers crossed they don't make Anub'arak a shit/niche card like they did with Gazlowe and some other long time favorites.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Both charge and stealth has synergy with savage roar. Maybe it will be a good anti aggro tech card instead of Shade.

Yeah, I honestly don't even care for the shades in the deck. Like, I know their purpose, and I know that they're good in certain matchups; but it always sucks to get stuck with playing one turn 3 against face hunter / ebola paladin. This thing can charge into a minion against the face matchups, and remain stealthed for when you need another roar body.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I010Z77V1C4R1438634572862.jpg

People actually preordered this fucking expansion holy fucking shit jesus christ.

in b4 sser tells me that it's totally viable in some crazy battlecry deck and I'm too stupid to understand the genius.

Andhaira

Arcane
Paladin's are going to get some amazing shit, I can feel it in me bones MEN.

here's another card on the official blog:

I010Z77V1C4R1438634572862.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
Look, sser - I get it, you watch this thread and sit there and hope to find any moment you can try to argue against the infallible Phage. Similar to how that random Grinolf kid appears once every 10 pages just to scream at me. I get the game.

The fact of the matter is, a Rogue Minion deck requires more reliable ways to trigger Defias Ringleader. This ties into the issue with this card. Every time Blizzard shits out another random combo minion, it's not going to be used unless rogue has better ways to activate them, unless it's something egregiously powerful like SI:7 Agent.

You are agreeing with me, just in this strange wordy round about way. You're just so blinded by chasing the White Whale of Victor Von Phage that you can't understand that.

I'm talking about an issue of mechanics here, of which I just demonstrated you're pretty fucking wrong, but you're too busy getting one off the wrist from Memetro to even realize what the fuck I'm talking about. It's alright - I know you're a tool who dissolves into a puddle of circlejerking yourself when you're wrong. Giant paragraphs and googled meme pics told me that a few pages ago.

in b4 sser tells me that it's totally viable in some crazy battlecry deck and I'm too stupid to understand the genius.

Interesting. See when I read stuff the thoughts of Internet Forum Hearthstone Pro #511992 doesn't enter my head. But I enter yours. That keeps me warm, man. Thanks a bunch.
:love:

Andhaira

Arcane
Crowd Favorite can keep getting buffed via Battlecries, so it's not all that bad. Won't be played in Pally tho, due to the 4 mana slot already overcrowded. Probably a good card for Warrior. Plus the art is pretty good.

Anyway ramp druids are causing some butthurt with their card reveals:

d473c971.png

sser

Arcane
Developer
You could let your opponent build his Crowd Favorite to 7/7 then play your own while BGH'ing his!

I wish they would show Priest/Shaman the same love Druid is getting here...

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'm talking about an issue of mechanics here, of which I just demonstrated you're pretty fucking wrong, but you're too busy getting one off the wrist from Memetro to even realize what the fuck I'm talking about. It's alright - I know you're a tool who dissolves into a puddle of circlejerking yourself when you're wrong. Giant paragraphs and googled meme pics told me that a few pages ago.

Interesting. See when I read stuff the thoughts of Internet Forum Hearthstone Pro #511992 doesn't enter my head. But I enter yours. That keeps me warm, man. Thanks a bunch.
:love:

You are insane on so many levels.

First off I spent an entire 4 minutes making that Alexstraza picture in paint, and it was a work of high art. Secondly, getting upset that somebody responds to your points with a couple of paragraphs on a text-based forum is pretty sad.

You demonstrated nothing. You went on this nonsensical rant about removal spells and preparation that was entirely unrelated. I've played numerous matches of Oil Rogue at rank 8 in March I believe with success against other actually competitive decks. I've also played OG Miracle Rogue back when that was a thing. I've reached 12 wins in arena with Rogue. I understand how the class works. Considering the crux of all your arguments against me is "u arent legend!" I still have much more experience on a more competitive level with the deck than you. You'll also note that I never hold the fact that you haven't even breached rank 10 against you. I always argue against your points, not the person behind them; aside from some glaringly obvious things like pretending you're from Europe.

I also understand the weaknesses of the class; one of which is the fact that The Coin is extremely important due to its flexibility with combo. There's very little room to debate that having The Coin and SI:7 agent in your opening hand increases winrate drastically. Nothing you have said changes the fact that every time Blizzard shits out another random Combo card it makes The Coin that much more important for rogue. No amount of tirades about your epic violet teacher prep combo (shit that I've also done myself in matches) changes anything I've said. The fact of the matter is that if there was another 0 mana spell on par with Backstab, then cards like Defias Ringleader would be much easier to fit into a deck.

My other point was a tongue in cheek comment on how you've argued with me on almost every card since BRM; usually telling me that I'm an idiot for doubting the power of Dragon's Breath and its irk. In b4 grinolf appears for his usual 10-page hiatus to deliver a youtube video that shows some high-level professional playing a dragon's breath deck solely for fun at rank 2 which in his mind immediately proves it's a constructed staple.

If you prefer I'll just pretend you don't exist so you can have discussions with yourself.

sser

Arcane
Developer
You are insane on so many levels.

First off I spent an entire 4 minutes making that Alexstraza picture in paint, and it was a work of high art. Secondly, getting upset that somebody responds to your points with a couple of paragraphs on a text-based forum is pretty sad.

Uh huh.

You assume I read any of this:

You demonstrated nothing. You went on this nonsensical rant about removal spells and preparation that was entirely unrelated. I've played numerous matches of Oil Rogue at rank 8 in March I believe with success against other actually competitive decks. I've also played OG Miracle Rogue back when that was a thing. I've reached 12 wins in arena with Rogue. I understand how the class works. Considering the crux of all your arguments against me is "u arent legend!" I still have much more experience on a more competitive level with the deck than you. You'll also note that I never hold the fact that you haven't even breached rank 10 against you. I always argue against your points, not the person behind them; aside from some glaringly obvious things like pretending you're from Europe.

I also understand the weaknesses of the class; one of which is the fact that The Coin is extremely important due to its flexibility with combo. There's very little room to debate that having The Coin and SI:7 agent in your opening hand increases winrate drastically. Nothing you have said changes the fact that every time Blizzard shits out another random Combo card it makes The Coin that much more important for rogue. No amount of tirades about your epic violet teacher prep combo (shit that I've also done myself in matches) changes anything I've said. The fact of the matter is that if there was another 0 mana spell on par with Backstab, then cards like Defias Ringleader would be much easier to fit into a deck.

My other point was a tongue in cheek comment on how you've argued with me on almost every card since BRM; usually telling me that I'm an idiot for doubting the power of Dragon's Breath and its irk. In b4 grinolf appears for his usual 10-page hiatus to deliver a youtube video that shows some high-level professional playing a dragon's breath deck solely for fun at rank 2 which in his mind immediately proves it's a constructed staple.

If you prefer I'll just pretend you don't exist so you can have discussions with yourself.

:hmmm:

Interesting. You are not a learning animal.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Alright bro. You keep having conversations with yourself then. I'm not going to bother entertaining someone who's so whacked out of his mind that he doesn't even read the responses to his posts on a forum, then gets butthurt and resorts to babby-tier ad hominems when people explain why he's wrong.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Alright bro. You keep having conversations with yourself then. I'm not going to bother entertaining someone who's so whacked out of his mind that he doesn't even read the responses to his posts on a forum, then gets butthurt and resorts to babby-tier ad hominems when people explain why he's wrong.

You explained I was wrong? Sorry, didn't read that part. Thanks for informing me, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The problem is they're so worried about t3h powah kreeep they put out these tepid side-grade cards that are sort of good... if you ignore the great cards out there. Crowd Favorite is such a card. It's not bad it's just not worth playing over superior cards that already exist. Why this is epic I have no idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom