Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Priest decks maybe. Aggro Paladin, probably. Anything else? Nah.

Andhaira

Arcane
Priest decks maybe. Aggro Paladin, probably. Anything else? Nah.

Mek Mage (Eydis Darkbane could be popular in it)

Combined with Flamewalker and Blastmage Mek Mages have auto board clears and face pings for the lower mana curves as long as they keep the spare parts flowing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Flamewalkers aren't run in Mech Mage decks you bad. All your zany ideas and combo simply don't work at higher levels of constructed.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Lightbane into Blessing of Kings could be a nightmare. Not acquainted with card texts - could Darkbane's "random enemy" include face damage?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes. Unless it specifies minion then it can hit face. But, yeah, it's a strong priest card (and priests still need help) and troublesome in Paladin, too, depending on deck composition. Problem with spare parts is that you're never guaranteed one that's useful/playable. 2 in 7 chance you get freeze or return to hand. Neither do anything for these legendaries. Then you have borderline ones like stealth and health swap. Could be useful, could be crap depending on the circumstances. +1 health/+1 attack/taunt are the best but, 3 in 7 chance of landing one of those.

Last edited:

Jozoz

Prophet
Holy shit those cards are absolutely insane.

Prepare for more owls I guess.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Absolutely insane? Probably not. Without an activator they're just 3/4s, and Spider Tank only makes it into mech, while Kolento Priest actually cut Dark Cultists (though DC still fits into some decks) These new angels fit very nicely into Velen's Priest and Ebola Paladin. We need more enhancement cards for them to see more play than those two decks (mark of the wild still isn't good enough unless we get one more gud druid enhancement. spare parts are also an idea, but like Metro pointed out you've got a 2/7 chance to get time rewinder or emergency coolant).

In arena, a vanilla 3/4 is very good. They will beat out a lot of the random shitty legendaries (pagle, cho, etc) and will obviously gain huge value if you have buffs drafted.

Overall, the best cards of the set other than TUSKARRR, and will solidify Buff Priest and Ebola Paladin as decks - unless we get some more competitive enhancements.

I have to say that this does cause a bit of a problem in that Blizzard now can't push out powerful enhancements as easily or else these cards could get out of hand. This seems to be a recurring theme with hearthstone - blizzard needing to hold back design wise because of some random card they made.

Jozoz

Prophet
Yeah, it's my inner arena player speaking here. I'm not big on constructed.

Spider Tank is just so good in arena that seeing one with a potential huge upside just looks insane to me.

I could kind of see the divine shield one being good in Paladin as 3 drop into 4 mana Kings, but then I remembered good old BGH.

These cards are great for Arena and maybe strong enough in constructed if you build your deck around them. Probably not though since everyone and their grandmother runs and owl and a BGH.

Jozoz

Prophet
The new 5/4 Druid beast is really cool imo.

Too bad it can never be run because of how poorly it matches up against Piloted Shredder.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Well, like I said, Ebola Paladin (dumb community name for aggro paladin) can likely use them. They run Blessing of Might and Blessing of Kings. Even with BGH as a possibility, I think it's still worth buffing. The 3 damage one works in their gameplan pretty nicely since it hitting face is actually perfectly fine. The real question is what they'd take out for these cards.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Poor Trumperino. Blizzard fucked him over with a hilarious spoiler =(

3uILtjE.png

(That's okay, it's only thanks to Blizz that he makes 6 figures a year playing a children's card game for a living)

It's okay in arena. Like, better than gnomregard infantry.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
These cards, men. It's almost more amusing to see the shit filler cards they put out than the quality ones.

Andhaira

Arcane
Poor Trumperino. Blizzard fucked him over with a hilarious spoiler =(

3uILtjE.png

(That's okay, it's only thanks to Blizz that he makes 6 figures a year playing a children's card game for a living)

It's okay in arena. Like, better than gnomregard infantry.

Cool mechanic. While not a meta changers, I could see this useful in Paladin where he is put onto the board and the Paladin can then buff him later on and attack immediately. Divine Shield insures that he won't be taken out the same way some stealthed minion are while still cloaked, like AoE spellz.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
There's no new mechanics, just a combination that we haven't seen before. He has no space in any current constructed decks, sorry men. It's a very slow card that requires other cards to be any good. On the other hand, the angel bitches above are 3/4s, which are independently fine, and then can become very powerful if you have the corresponding buff ready.

Again, I'd like to emphasize: you can make cool, creative decks that aren't copy+pasted, but you have to recognize when a card is simply too slow and there are better alternatives out there - at least in constructed.

Jozoz

Prophet
I guess in a way he's a less good version of Scarlet Crusader, which is pretty good in arena.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Uh... eh... no. Handlock? Uh... nah. Seems pointless mid game and early game you'd just play zombie chow for 1 mana.

sser

Arcane
Developer
That's not too bad for some classes if you're using your hero power at the end of the turn. N/m, totally read that card to be the exact opposite of what it is (using your power means it can't attack). Also, another quiet buff to the Shredder. Dunno why it's a rare - seems like a card that'd be good beginners to pick up and use before they get a complete deck together.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
looks good in aggro, play it second turn, use ability and play a 1cc third turn, etc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom