Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Brawl isn't even up in the US region.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
They always release it in EU an hour beforehand. Lets them iron out any flaws like this for Godmerica. Also some compensation for the assrapingly high number of random server outages they get, and for the fact that they have to play with Russians.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They had a couple of new art backgrounds for further brawls. Surprised they ran out so quick. Okay, not really surprised given how cheap they are in running this game.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
This week is a new brawl. The glitch is nerf + rag showing up on some people's clients randomly.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I'll just wait till they release unstable portal brawl and get a second pack.

Looks like Euros win again. Sorry Phage.

Explorerbc

Arcane
The issue is most likely they failed to release the 2.8 patch, that allows for GT pre-purchases.

It was prematurely released through the amazon store a few days ago and then got pulled cause it messed access with other versions of the game. Those who managed to download it now have the portal brawl.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The brawls always start at 1 PM EST lol

Plebtro is just getting antsy since he needs his free pack dripfeed

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The brawls always start at 1 PM EST lol

Plebtro is just getting antsy since he needs his free pack dripfeed
Where's muh pack? Also need to know if I can do dailies free from the shit meta for a week.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Twisting Nether has the best animation in the game, such a shame men

Oh yeah it's awesome. The golden card looks sweet, too. I'd actually give the card a go if it totally wiped the board, but death rattle minions get left behind so for 8-mana... nah. I feel like Shadowflame more or less gets the job done, particularly if you buddy it up with Power Overwhelming or a big minion.

Andhaira

Arcane
No Andhaira, Bite and Savagery are still complete garbage. Claw is still too unimpactful for constructed.

I'm not convinced that he fits into any current druid decks. On turn five you want to be playing a five drop or innervating into a 7 drop. Unless something big happens, Piloted Shredder will still be the hallmark 4 drop - and PS trades into this guy while leaving behind a 2 drop. Granted, if Combatant is out first, you can hero power to pop the shredder - but that's practically a 50/50 toss up without early ramp. Even then, you are spending turn 5 clearing a shredder instead of winning the game with on-curve plays. Combatant is still highly vulnerable to: Truesilver Champion, Death's Bite, Crackle, Lucky Implosion, Soulfire, Lava Burst, Eviscerate, Shadow Word Death, plus the usual big removals like Fireball and Hex. (and likely more shit that I forgot/missed) It also trades unfavorably with a couple of 3 drops like Injured Blademaster.

All things being equal, taking the card as it is now, it doesn't fit into any constructed druid archetypes.

In arena, if the card sticks on the board, it's pretty powerful, but it's still susceptible to all of the earlier mentioned removals, and will trade unfavorably with

With the addition of this minion Claw can become useful. Bite was already good, and with this gets slightly better and most of all savagery gets a much needed boost.

The real fun of the game IMO comes from constructing your own decks, not netdecking archtypes or playing whatever will get you the fastest wins in the shortest time. Nothing wrong with that, some people don't want to waste time. But for less competitive people who consider the game a game first, the fun comes from trying out your own whacky decks. This is also why I am not too bothered by the TGT cards released thus far, even if nearly all are subpar in terms of power and curve.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I got Nef vs. Rag. Coin-flipped into Nef and won and still got a cardpack.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Andhaira that's really stretching it. Claw is a highly unimpactful card that is only useful for picking off a single cogmaster or something, and Zombie Chow does a better job of that role. You're using a clunky 4 mana minion so that on turn 5 you can hero power + claw to deal 5 damage to something. Instead you could've just played a Shredder and a Drake.

Bite is bad. You're paying 4 mana and a card for the privilege of smashing your face into something for 4 damage. This is a bad deal when compared to almost every other 4 mana damage spell in the game. It hasn't been good since it was grossly overpowered in closed beta (it was 3 mana for 6 damage lol)

There's nothing wrong with building your own deck, but it doesn't change that these cards are weak. You could make a whacky hobgoblin deck or some homebrew druid midrange using good, efficient cards, and it'd be stronger. The reason why this set being shitty is a problem is that there will be no incentive to buy any packs. I suppose it's actually really a good thing.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
6 games still cannot beat this brawl. I'm just not getting anything.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
6 games still cannot beat this brawl. I'm just not getting anything.
Won first game. All skill. Go with paladin, you have a better chance at more useful (and cheaper) spells.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Won first game. All skill. Go with paladin, you have a better chance at more useful (and cheaper) spells.
I got it now. Onyxia into Neptulon into Questing Adventurer.
Played priest. Was alright.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Good fun, I also liked the similar class challenge in BRM.
And of course good for farming quests. :martini:

Andhaira

Arcane
en-us-small.png
en-us-small.png

Look sweet. I like that they are cheap; I wish having both on board would do something more though (like Feugen and his brother)

Two new cards (commons, one is Warlock class card other is Priest common) are up for voting.

edit: Spare part fags are already salivating over using Darkbane in early aggro to clear the board by turn 4. I personally think Lightbane could work great with Blood Knight (or 2 bloodknights)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom