Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Apparently two weeks is 'ages away!'

Well, Skyrim is a classic already.

It's how you can tell P2W-ers anyway. For me, the longer it takes the better, it just means I get more gold in the meantime.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I have 4k gold ready to burn. Not p2w at all (I only buy the adventures) and I'm rearin' for this expansion. Mostly because I'm pretty confident that ladder will be easier than ever with people tripping over themselves to play Inspired Joust nonsense; meanwhile I can just waltz in with a slightly modified ramp druid, incorporating the best new cards for it.

Andhaira

Arcane
I have almost 1K saved up. I recently got the entire BRM adventure with gold, which cost me 3.5K.

Also have around 1600 dusts saved up; was going to use it to get Antonidas, but now am waiting for all TGT legendaries to be revealed.

Also MEN go and vote for the Paladin epic on the voting page; it's losing badly to the Warlock epic.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I have 3k gold and 2k dust.
That's 30 packs, and after DE'ing duplicates I'll probably have enough dust for a legendary + some epic/missing rares or w/e.

Andhaira

Arcane
Spent 100 gold on a classic pack. Could not resist, now I have around 800 gold. If TGT does come around on 24th august, or anytime in the last week of August (which is what i hope) I should manage to save another 600-700 gold, if i can resist buying too many packs or doing arena. That's fine by me, my goal was to save 1000 gold, buy 7 packs and do 2 arenas; with the shuffled meta from the TGT release arena should be a free for all for a bare few days right after release.

The pack I opened was ofcourse shit, except I got a Siphon Soul, a card I didn't have and wanted.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At least it's good for F2P players like us to catch up. I thank them for their poor design. Of the dozen legendaries they've revealed so far for TGT there's nothing approaching Tirion or Jaraxxus or Cenarius or Antonidas or Al'Akir or hell even Thalnos as far as Classic set cards I don't have. The Valkyres are probably around Thalnos level. Good for a few decks but not 'must haves.' After my initial 30-40 pack purchase and maybe a month or two of buying additional TGT packs I'll most likely go back to another month or so of Classic packs.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
635746400047499178.png

Fage, your expertise is needed. What would Trump do?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trump would absolutely play this card because he thinks Fel Reaver is excellent. Anyway, it's terrible. Great, you have 10 mana... and now you top deck the rest of the game unless you happen to draw some Ancients of Lore or Nourish or Azure Drakes or... whatever. Assuming those cards aren't in your hand when you play this one.

Coin+Innervate+this card! Problem is you need to mulligan for/draw this card before turn... five or so or it's complete garbage. Assuming you don't put two into your deck I'll let one of you math wizards run the odds on that.

Last edited:

hivemind

ok what about this:

4 mana

some gay picture

astral separation

epic

Your opponent losses 10 mana crystals
Discard your hand.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Tough to see this work. If there was a guaranteed way to play it on curve that would be great, but making a deck around it and then not drawing it or drawing it too late (if you're still alive) would suck ass.
Unless somehow it's possible to make a deck that includes this but works even if you don't draw it.. dunno, some OP shit similar to Fagtron Warrior.

ok what about this:

Win button?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
That's one scary card. Unlike, say, Avianna, this card can actually win the game if you get lucky. It's a pretty nutty effect if you innervate into it early. You will probably lose to it at some point and think it's broken (and theoretically it is if you draw an Ancient of Lore the next turn)

That said, I wouldn't touch it. If you draw it after turn ~5 or so, it's hot garbage that'll sit in your hand forever.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That said, I wouldn't touch it. If you draw it after turn ~5 or so, it's hot garbage that'll sit in your hand forever.

Well, consider this...

You have some draw minions in hand and/or on board. You play those from hand if possible and then this. Then you get 10 full mana again in the same turn to use the cards you draw. A lot of ifs, but it could happen to not be useless later either.

Andhaira

Arcane
It could be useful, the problem ofcourse is the same reason Deathwing is not played much (save by me sometimes :lol: )

However, the card states 10 mana crystals, not 10 empty mana crystals. So theoretically it could be useful at a higher curve than just 4. Is the 10 mana gain permanent? It won't go back to your original mana after the next turn right?

If you play Jeeves right before this it will be insanely powerful. Plump 2 Jeeves into your deck plus some more card draw and you are set. Having some useless cards in your hand or deck won't matter as much if you can play massive minions much earlier.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Well, consider this...

You have some draw minions in hand and/or on board. You play those from hand if possible and then this. Then you get 10 full mana again in the same turn to use the cards you draw. A lot of ifs, but it could happen to not be useless later either.

What?

As soon as you cast this all of the cards in your hand are discarded, lol. Meaning, even if you had the 10 mana or whatever to play a draw-minion and then this, you'd lose the cards you drew.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
If you play Jeeves right before this it will be insanely powerful. Plump 2 Jeeves into your deck plus some more card draw and you are set. Having some useless cards in your hand or deck won't matter as much if you can play massive minions much earlier.

Ok a few things

1.) That is a good point on Jeeves.
2.) That said, it's a pretty terrible setup. Jeeves has to survive the turn before you cast this thing, or you're playing them in tandem on turn 8. Presuming the former, good luck keeping a 1/4 alive on turn 4. Presuming the latter, you're ramping from 8 to 10 mana... cool?
3.) Having useless cards in your hand and deck ALWAYS matters. Even if you are, say, stuck with a Cenarius until turn 9, that shit sucks. That is a Cenarius instead of an innervate, WG, swipe, wrath, etc. That's a Cenarius instead of a six-drop on turn 6, etc.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What?

As soon as you cast this all of the cards in your hand are discarded, lol. Meaning, even if you had the 10 mana or whatever to play a draw-minion and then this, you'd lose the cards you drew.

I mean stuff like Loot Hoarder, Acolyte or Jeeves so you draw AFTER you play this card.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I mean stuff like Loot Hoarder, Acolyte or Jeeves so you draw AFTER you play this card.

Ok, so you're trying to keep a Loot Hoarder, Acolyte of Pain and Jeeves on the board for a turn before you play Astral Communion?

All of these cards have weak bodies and will usually be cleared out the turn they're played. You also run the problem that now 6 of your slots are going towards these gimpy cycle cards, which means you may actually draw those instead once you have your 10 mana.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Another big thing you kids have to remember, is even if you're at 10 mana, your opponent will be at 5. So even if you drop something big like a Rangaros or whatever, they will have enough mana to play their answers.

This card is pretty much only AMAZING!! if you innervate it out one turn 1/2. It will also probably happen to you (and me) on ladder someday as well, but that doesn't make the card good.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ok, so you're trying to keep a Loot Hoarder, Acolyte of Pain and Jeeves on the board for a turn before you play Astral Communion?

All of these cards have weak bodies and will usually be cleared out the turn they're played. You also run the problem that now 6 of your slots are going towards these gimpy cycle cards, which means you may actually draw those instead once you have your 10 mana.

Yeah, all those are fair points. I didn't mean that's a likely or desirable scenario, just that it can happen to be usable later on, especially if you manage to draw and play other cards in the same turn after you played this.
Also remember Patron Warrior is filled with junk draw cards.

Andhaira

Arcane
Nothing is unplayable, and that's a very good point about Patron Warrior. PW's entire game plan is to survive until turn 8 with mostly junk and armoring up and using card draw to get the cards he needs in hand. If you are playing a class that can answer, you are ok. If you cannot you can only watch the coming train wreck without being able to do anything about it (unless if you are Face Hunter in which case you can kill the warrior before turn 8) I usually play Mage & Paladin so PW has never been a problem for me, in my Druid & Warlock deck I have Deathwing and Twisting Nether so I can survive even then. But going by the butthurt on other boards PW is a huge problem for many players

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Patron Warrior isn't comparable. That is a deck in which you need to cycle to a few key cards that can create two seperate combos (frothing and patron) that can clear an entire board on turn 8 while giving you a board, or straight up kill the opponent out of thin air.

This is a combo to... skip from 6 to 10 mana and then, uh, play a couple of big guys.

It's night and day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom