Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
3 mana Paladin minion
2/4, Your Silver Hand Recruits have +1/+0

Might be decent. I could see ebola paladin throwing it down the turn after Mustering for Battle.

1 mana Priest Spell
Restore 5 Health

Pretty outclassed by Light of the Naaru, and that only sometimes gets played as it is. No real hope for that one if it's as you've written it.

1 mana Druid spell
Deal 2dmg or summon 2 1/1 Saplings

That's really really good. Just a matter of finding room in the deck for it. Druid needed new cards to shore up its early game - between this and the two 2 drops, I think Ramp will be tier 1 (it already arguably is on a lot of lists)

UglyBastard

Arcane
The druid one is pretty good for token decks as well. Overall nice card.

I think the Priest card's viability depends on how good the combo potential (with Auchenai etc.) is compared with Light of the Naaru, wouldn't completely write it off. I saw Zetalot play an OTK priest with Velen and Mindblast a few weeks ago, it would fit that kind of deck.

Andhaira

Arcane
UhPwUAv.jpg

Sweet, discard mechanics. Finally.Two of these in hand when Deathwing is played...yummy.

Now Succubus is becoming moar viable. Hopefully they do something to make Pit Lord more viable, something that doesn't include Voidcaller plz (I refuse to get Naxx)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
UhPwUAv.jpg

Sweet, discard mechanics. Finally.

Now Succubus is becoming moar viable. Hopefully they do something to make Pit Lord more viable, something that doesn't include Voidcaller plz (I refuse to get Naxx)

Interesting.

Theoretically, you shove this into zoo and throw them away with doomguard. In practice however, I fear that drawing this off of life-tap when you're regaining fuel halfway through the game will just cause you to lose. I'm sure it will be played, and it will cause people to win games, but I don't think it's actually correct to put this in your deck.

Also this doesn't make succubus more viable. Trust me. If anything it makes soul fire possibly usable again inside of Zoo.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
why havent they released this piece of shit already. they said august. it's fucking august.

i thought that shaman weapon was super shitty but then i saw it wasn't like hunter, but like a 2dmg mage ping.
that's pretty neat.
although i don't think it's worth forgoing totems, especially at turn 6-7 or w/e it becomes active.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Strong arena card. I don't think there's any constructed decks that want this. Control warrior would be the most likely to have a dragon in hand, but the 2 drop slot is already well accounted for there, and this isn't really an upgrade.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
warlocks may have an op hero power but throwing in cards just to throw them away is not the way.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
i dont even know what dragon synergy cards warrior already have

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
5 new cards on the Gamescom stream:

635745458501840372.png

Cool design. Contrary what I think I'm reading of Zed 's post, Deal 2 Damage is much much stronger than a random totem (unless the tunderbluff totem deck somehow became a thing). That said, a 2/4 weapon is really unimpactful. The best part is that it punishes ooze/harrison since you're trying to get to the free Shadowform. Don't think it has a place, but it's far more creative than what Blizzard normally shits out.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
warlocks may have an op hero power but throwing in cards just to throw them away is not the way.

I imagine this is an all out retardo aggro mech warlock deck. Highest cost cards Doomguard and Fel Reaver.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
i might craft malygos for druid if shamans dont work out the way i want. 2xmoonfire, 2xliving roots, malygos, and outside of that play a pretty standard ramp.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
i dont even know what dragon synergy cards warrior already have

None that I can recall. That said, Dragon Warrior is a thing that can hit legend. Furthermore, it's not uncommon to run Alexstraza, Ysera, Nefarian to varying capacities. Like I said, the card probably isnt getting played.

Yeah. That said people are going to run this in standard zoo/demonzoo. They're also going to win games with it. I think that ultimately it will be the wrong choice however, as the risk of it gunking up your hand is outweighs the benefit.

Andhaira

Arcane
Interesting.

Theoretically, you shove this into zoo and throw them away with doomguard. In practice however, I fear that drawing this off of life-tap when you're regaining fuel halfway through the game will just cause you to lose. I'm sure it will be played, and it will cause people to win games, but I don't think it's actually correct to put this in your deck.

Also this doesn't make succubus more viable. Trust me. If anything it makes soul fire possibly usable again inside of Zoo.

What do you think about using 2 Fists of Jaraxxus in conjunction with Deathwing? Play deathwing and do auto 8 damage to enemy hero, as Deathwing will have destroyed all minions as he is played.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What do you think about using 2 Fists of Jaraxxus in conjunction with Deathwing? Play deathwing and do auto 8 damage to enemy hero, as Deathwing will have destroyed all minions as he is played.

Now you're running Deathwing in your warlock deck...

You'd be better off just playing Malygos Combo for 9 damage soulfires.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That warrior card isn't bad, it just doesn't fit into the two most widely played warrior decks. For CW, you're going to have a hard enough time fitting in Bash. For Patron... fuck Patron only scrubs run Patron. Shaman 'shadowform' seems fine. No overload so it only costs one more than the priest card and you get an immediate/additional 2 points of damage to use in the weapon the turn you play it. The biggest drawback is the delay in use unless your opponent plays ooze/Harrison.

Overall the cards shown today are better designed on average than the previous sixty. Except the Fist of Jarraxus, I have no idea why you'd waste a deck slot on that.

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow very sick cards, every one of those has the potenial of seeing play.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Alright, so it's been confirmed the fist needs to be discarded from hand so Fel Reaver does not work.
Meh, not interested anymore.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Threads like that reinforce how much of a children's card game this is: saw at least three or four posts pouting how 'far off' the 24th is from today. Apparently two weeks is 'ages away!'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom