Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can tell when Grinolf gets pissed off because his English goes into the toilet and becomes borderline incomprehensible. Chill out, breh, and go back to the animu or Witcher threads.

Andhaira

Arcane
635744598409974436.png

Good arena card. Frost elemental tier ? Maybe better even.

What. The. Fuck.

As a paladin player this pisses me off. Sure this is totally random but still, our cards are ours. We don't want anyone else playing Tirion, or sword of justice or whatever.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
lolz

What's your thought on Nefarian again? Or hell, Unstable Portal?

I like this card and hope they make more like this because at least in friendly matches or arena (since I guess it won't be used in constructed) they have the potential to provide interesting situations and interactions.

Andhaira

Arcane
lolz

What's your thought on Nefarian again? Or hell, Unstable Portal?

I like this card and hope they make more like this because at least in friendly matches or arena (since I guess it won't be used in constructed) they have the potential to provide interesting situations and interactions.

Neither of those target specific classes. This shit card targets only Paladins; first we got a shit card that gave everyone our little silver hands, and now this betrayal.

DEATH 2 BLIZZARD

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ITT weirdos who identify with classes in a children's card game. Confuse seems too situational to include in decks. Most of the time it would probably hurt you as much as help you.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
What. The. Fuck.

As a paladin player this pisses me off. Sure this is totally random but still, our cards are ours. We don't want anyone else playing Tirion, or sword of justice or whatever.

:4/5:

underrated post

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So since half the cards (60) are revealed I went through to see how many I'd want and the list hasn't really grown from when there was only about a fourth released.

Want and will eventually craft (unless they're proven garbage): Justicar Trueheart (I believe!), Thunder Bluff Valiant, Tuskarr Jouster, Bash, Burgle, Effigy, Argent Horse Rider, The pair of legendary Valkyre Twins, Tuskarr Totemic, Darnassus Aspirant, Fallen Hero, and Totem Golem.

Might want/depends on the meta: Frost Giant, Anub'arak, Aviana, Eadric, Shado Pan Cavalry, Lock and Load, and Druid of the Saber.

20 out of 60, huzzah! Good news is I'll probably be caught up on my missing classic legendaries by the time the next expansion rolls around.

One thing about Gormok -- do totems count as minions? I'm guessing no.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Should count. Paladin silverhand fags should count as well. They do for all other cards that interact with minions on board.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
In that case I think it'll be solid for Shaman. Of course, with cards like TB Valiant people will probably be more aggressive with killing totems.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Wow, Trump came in here and copied all of my opinions on these cards. The bastard! Biggest difference was he spent 5 minutes thinking Aviana over before eventually conceding it was likely trash.

Gormok is bad. You have to start the turn with 4 minions on board. Unless you're facing freeze mage, if you start with 4 minions on board you're likely already going to win the game. It is by default a win-more card. Dark Iron Dwarf is more consistent; and you can just run Arcane Golem if you need 4 damage of reach without the highly conditional "start the turn with 4 minions". The alternative is, uh, wait until Turn 8 to play Implosion then Gormok or something? Then you're stuck with this vanilla 4/4 in your hand until then.

But please, everyone rush out and craft Gormok because "OMG OP" and then quietly wish you didn't 2 weeks later. That's what I did with Troggzor, who is still a much better card than Gormok :(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I got Troggzor in the Unstable Portal Brawl. Dude conceded immediately. Hilarious how hard that card shut down that little gimmick.

Andhaira

Arcane
So since half the cards (60) are revealed I went through to see how many I'd want and the list hasn't really grown from when there was only about a fourth released.

Want and will eventually craft (unless they're proven garbage): Justicar Trueheart (I believe!), Thunder Bluff Valiant, Tuskarr Jouster, Bash, Burgle, Effigy, Argent Horse Rider, The pair of legendary Valkyre Twins, Tuskarr Totemic, Darnassus Aspirant, Fallen Hero, and Totem Golem.

Might want/depends on the meta: Frost Giant, Anub'arak, Aviana, Eadric, Shado Pan Cavalry, Lock and Load, and Druid of the Saber.

20 out of 60, huzzah! Good news is I'll probably be caught up on my missing classic legendaries by the time the next expansion rolls around.

One thing about Gormok -- do totems count as minions? I'm guessing no.

What about Coldarra? If you are going to bother with Fallen Hero and Justicar, might as well add in Coldarra as well.

Andhaira

Arcane
Wow, Trump came in here and copied all of my opinions on these cards. The bastard! Biggest difference was he spent 5 minutes thinking Aviana over before eventually conceding it was likely trash.

Trump also said Dr. Boom was not going to see much play, and thought Piloted Shredder was inferior.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Trump also said Dr. Boom was not going to see much play, and thought Piloted Shredder was inferior.

It's almost as if since then he's played the game full-time for 8 months straight making ~$200,000 a year streaming and has even hit rank 1 legend. Like there's this crazy concept that people can git smarter in 8 months.

Anyways, you tell me when Avianna Combo becomes a tier 1 deck bruh. TELL ME HOW THAT GOES BRUH

Explorerbc

Arcane
The more crappy cards, the less I have to worry about getting them.

The problem is that I want to be a completionist and one day gather them all. At this rate I don't see it happening though.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It's almost as if since then he's played the game full-time for 8 months straight making ~$200,000 a year streaming and has even hit rank 1 legend. Like there's this crazy concept that people can git smarter in 8 months.

Anyways, you tell me when Avianna Combo becomes a tier 1 deck bruh. TELL ME HOW THAT GOES BRUH

So Trump is actually good now? He can competently play decks that aren't Handlock or Control Warrior?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
So Trump is actually good now? He can competently play decks that aren't Handlock or Control Warrior?

Good for a children's card game, yeah - ever since he transitioned from mostly playing arena/getting legend into aiming for high legend every season for blizzcon points. He pretty much pioneered Midrange Paladin post-GVG pre-BRM, bringing it to actual rank 1 legend. He's also done pretty well in tournaments. He doesn't seem to be quite as good as, say, Kolento, but Trump is definitely on or above the Lifecoach tier.

UglyBastard

Arcane
5 new cards on the Gamescom stream:

635745455244504783.png

635745451197097013.png

635745453061197045.png

All look kind of playable at first glance.

some more:

UhPwUAv.jpg

and

635745458501840372.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom