Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Andhaira

Arcane
So Euro's, what's today's Brawl about?

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bolster+King's Defender could be good in a new kind of warrior deck.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
When your minions die, they leave behind other minions that cost 2 mana less.

I don't understand why everybody is running taunts, even the 3/3 grizzly.

Andhaira

Arcane
Got shit from my free card pack + 1 ethereal arcanist that I wanted for my Jaina. (I only had 1 before) So 20 free dust from dusting the commons.

Would it be too much to ask they give the rank rewards starting this month, that is, ranked rewards from the end of July season?

Andhaira

Arcane
en-us-full.png
en-us-full.png

Dat Aviana...:hmmm:

UglyBastard

Arcane
I would love it if a deck where Anub'Arak is good exists. But why did it have to be a Rogue card? This fits nowhere into Rogues gameplan AT ALL, this is a valuegrinder card of the utmost greed imaginable. Too bad it isn't neutral, might have seen play in CW or somewhere else. T_T

And man, that 9mana 5/5...

Andhaira

Arcane
Every Druid player is going to craft Avianna. At turn 10 you can drop Avianna and a Ironbark/ancient of war/volcanic lumberer. If Thaurissan came into play at any point while Avianna was in your hand, you get super value every turn. Then there are the Innervate shennagians you can do after playing Avianna. Also it is out of BGH range, and at later turns usually opponent won't have silence in hand, making this hard to remove easily if it gets a taunt up in the same turn (which every druid will do, they have a shit ton of taunt minions)

They are making up for the fact Druid got shat on in expansions, and got shit legends since beta.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Every Druid player is going to craft Avianna. At turn 10 you can drop Avianna and a Ironbark/ancient of war/volcanic lumberer. If Thaurissan came into play at any point while Avianna was in your hand, you get super value every turn. Then there are the Innervate shennagians you can do after playing Avianna. Also it is out of BGH range, and at later turns usually opponent won't have silence in hand, making this hard to remove easily if it gets a taunt up in the same turn (which every druid will do, they have a shit ton of taunt minions)

They are making up for the fact Druid got shat on in expansions, and got shit legends since beta.

idk how to put this nicely but the druid legend is complete garbage.

Druid has remained tier 1 deck consistently despite getting relatively little. That said the 2 drop ramp card alone will increase consistency massively. One of ramp druid's biggest problems is sometimes losing the game because it doesn't get Wild Growth / Innverate early.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Every Druid player is going to craft Avianna. At turn 10 you can drop Avianna and a Ironbark/ancient of war/volcanic lumberer. If Thaurissan came into play at any point while Avianna was in your hand, you get super value every turn. Then there are the Innervate shennagians you can do after playing Avianna. Also it is out of BGH range, and at later turns usually opponent won't have silence in hand, making this hard to remove easily if it gets a taunt up in the same turn (which every druid will do, they have a shit ton of taunt minions).

That sounds pretty impressive, now you only need to make it to turn 10 (or 9 with Innervate) with Aviana and Wars/Ironbarks/Volcanic Lumberers sitting in your hand. Huntard will kill you twice before you got value out of Aviana.
It also dodges BGH because IT IS A FUCKING 9 MANA 5/5! :decline:

Andhaira

Arcane
idk how to put this nicely but the druid legend is complete garbage.

:hmmm:

No.

That sounds pretty impressive, now you only need to make it to turn 10 (or 9 with Innervate) with Aviana and Wars/Ironbarks/Volcanic Lumberers sitting in your hand. Huntard will kill you twice before you got value out of Aviana.
It also dodges BGH because IT IS A FUCKING 9 MANA 5/5! :decline:

No deck can be 100% win against all other decks. That would be stupid. That said, Wars/Lumberers/Barks are already no good against face Huntard.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Even in a control matchup Avianna is worthless. She has to survive on the board unless you already have innervates in hand to go along with her. That's a ridiculous number of stars that need to align. You're more likely to have Kel'thuzad resurrect your board (which is actually MORE value than Avianna lmao)

UglyBastard

Arcane
Oh, Avianna coming out of Sneed's will be strong. Whatever.

Anub'Arak would also be a pretty decent drop. :^)

Another fun way to look at the Druid legendary is that it doesn't even give you card advantage for 9 mana. And if you manage to combo it with a minion on turn 10, you'll most likely only get about an Innvervate's worth, considering that her body is worth barely 5mana.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I dunno man. With the power of russia you can do some crazy things, late game 10 mana=Aviana+Cenarius+Ancient of War. Or 9 mana Aviana+Ysera. Combined with innervates, could be fun if not viable.

If Anub'arak gets silenced the first time you play it, you probably instalose.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Anub'Arak would also be a pretty decent drop. :^)

Another fun way to look at the Druid legendary is that it doesn't even give you card advantage for 9 mana. And if you manage to combo it with a minion on turn 10, you'll most likely only get about an Innvervate's worth, considering that her body is worth barely 5mana.

I took a look at the reddit thread for these cards to delve into the mindset of Andhaira. I think these people need to sit down and actually play 20 games with a ramp druid deck, then they'll understand that the deck wants to curve out, dominate the board and eventually close the game with a combo. (Or in the case of Taunt Druid, just curve out and sit there). Point being, ideally the deck doesn't hold 5 minions to drop in one turn for a gimmicky combo. I can't think of any situations where Avvinia beats out Cenarius in terms of value; and Cenarius is actually a flex slot who is often cut from modern double combo decks.

I dunno man. With the power of russia you can do some crazy things, late game 10 mana=Aviana+Cenarius+Ancient of War. Or 9 mana Aviana+Ysera. Combined with innervates, could be fun if not viable.

If Anub'arak gets silenced the first time you play it, you probably instalose.

Well, yeah. I should state that when I make these judgments it's solely with the intention of playing the most powerful deck to legend. No doubt the card has a lot of potential for fun for those who seek those experiences.

I've always been what MTG refers to as a "spike" - aka a competitivefag.

Andhaira

Arcane
This seems to be the official card art for Eadric:

635743542999806220.png

Still not sure how I feel about this. I think giving it Taunt would really give this card the much needed boost it should have.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I think it's underestimated. Think about playing this card vs a handlock. The problem is the prevalence of huntards, eboladins and zoo, which this card just sucks against.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
This seems to be the official card art for Eadric:

635743542999806220.png

Still not sure how I feel about this. I think giving it Taunt would really give this card the much needed boost it should have.

Eadric is very strong versus Handlock and usually Druid. I think it's simply too slow versus aggro. Let's say you hit 5 goobers in an aggro deck with his ability - they're still pushing through 5 damage next turn, which should be enough to end the game on turn 8.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Only a few of the cards strike me as good but the joust mechanic is fairly interesting and at least they are trying a bit harder to push control decks (cards that cost more mana, etc.). The addition of more rewards for ranked is long overdue. It might prompt me to play more but assuming I'd never get past rank 10 or so without a lot of time commitment it looks like I'd be grinding a dozen or so hours for the sake of 200 or so dust. Not really worth my time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom