Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Please do so in your Gormok deck :)

sser

Arcane
Developer
Apparently it 'refills' your mana crystals? I think the only way to play it would be to using loot hoarders/acolytes already on the board so you can quickly replenish your hand after casting the spell. Using this and then top-decking for the rest of the game just seems like an auto-loss proposition.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Patron Warrior isn't necessarily reliant on drawing one card before turn five or six, though. After that it's only an innervate with a really terrible terrible terrible drawback. And even if you draw this card in a timely manner there's a chance you could lose some good high mana cards when you play it. E.g., your opening hand after mulligan consists of this, Doctor Boom, and Ancient of Lore.

Jozoz

Prophet
I'll be really sad if the card they end up nerfing is Frothing Berserker. I feel like the Warsong Commander is the problem.

I'm still salty about the Leeroy Nerf. If they just made him 5 attack his combo potential in Miracle Rogue and Handlock would be a lot more manageable, but he wouldn't be virtually unplayable like now. At the time I was happy with him being nerfed, but now I actually miss seeing that fun card.

Undertaker and Buzzard are other examples of cards so incredibly overnerfed that they will never see play ever again and are among the worst cards in the game.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I feel like Battle Rage is the problem, personally, because it plays into Patron warrior being able to armor up, get a board presence, and draw cards all at the same time. (Not that BR does this singlehandedly, of course, only that it is a major part of that all-around strength.)

2-mana to draw what is usually at least two cards but usually more is just too much. Compare that to, say, the recent Shaman card of draw 2-cards for 2mana +2overload. It's not even close.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I personally just find it hilarious how they bent over backwards to nerf OTK/combo decks with Loatheb, Leeroy nerf, Auctioneer nerf, and so on, only to then proceed to release Emperor.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
New card from some frech web rag

Neutral
Mana cost 2
1/2
Battlecry : Gives +2 attack to a friendly minion (permanent)

zzz

it's basically a 3/2 for 2 (but requires you to have a board) Dark Iron Dwarf is strong because it's effectively a 6/4 (for that turn at least); Shattered Sun is strong (in arena) because it's essentially a 4/3, and you're more likely to already have a creature out by turn 3. Way too weak for constructed; gets picked up in arena when put against trash.

Last edited:

Jozoz

Prophet
This expansion is just not very impressive.

We are more than halfway through now right?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Yup. Hope you kids didn't preorder! (unless you have lots of spending money to burn)

Andhaira

Arcane
635747103600951140.png

This isn't as bad as Phage makes it out to be, because unlike abusive sergent the effect is permanent. Unfortunately this will help huntards and their disgusting kin; turn 1 argent squire, turn 2 this.
And so on.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
No, this is as bad as I made it out to be. The base card is extremely weak. You're still better off just running Abusive Sargent in face decks, because he is a 2/1 that can also function as a 1 drop if need be. Playing this card on turn 2 on an empty board as an aggro deck = you just lost the game.

I'm already at rank 6 this month mostly playing aggro paladin, and I can assure you that this is not a card the deck wants; and that's the deck that runs Argent Squire (Face Hunter doesn't bother with squire for various reasons)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So how are they thinking of 'fixing' deck building, which is one of the most core and fun things in a card game?

Better deckbuilder, moar premade decks, tavern brawl only with premades?

I suppose they could do something like Magic Duels. The deck wizard is shit, but still better than the autocomplete feature in Hearthstone.
But I doubt that would help someone who finds taunt "confusing".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Anyone who finds the game 'confusing' after spending 15 minutes playing the tutorial probably has difficulty tying their shoes.

Explorerbc

Arcane
It is like when you try to teach older people simple computer functions. Even if all they have to do is two clicks and all the information is on the screen, they can't do it. They are so unfamiliar with this technology and feel so alienated by it, that in their eyes even something a 4 year old will learn instantly, appears to be an extraordinary task.

A person who can't understand taunt is a person who never played games in his entire life. Now he bought a new smartphone and some other dude at work told him that "hearthstone" is fun. He tried it once while taking a shit but it was too complex for him to bother.

This is even worse than popamole. Normally games shouldn't be addressed at these people but Blizz gotta milk that casual cow for extra dosh.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
* NA has weaker competition in all competitive gaming
* there is little skill in spamming ranked with fotm meta decks
* short people are unattractive to women

Jozoz

Prophet
I'm rank 14 FeelsBadMan.

I just hate playing ladder. I have like a 75% win rate this season, but 0 motivation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom