Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
or not have them target face)

That... would be a buff. The randomness of the boom-bots makes them weaker. Being able to better control where the bots go makes them stronger.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
The key to getting to legend: spending far too much time grinding wins in a children's card game on a monthly basis.

:butthurt:

Takes around 150 games to get from Rank 16 to Legend if you're halfway decent, and less than 100 if you're actually good. That's less games than a single Arena run per day. Do keep thinking of excuses why you can't do it bro, it's very entertaining.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:butthurt:

Takes around 150 games to get from Rank 16 to Legend if you're halfway decent, and less than 100 if you're actually good. That's less games than a single Arena run per day. Do keep thinking of excuses why you can't do it bro, it's very entertaining.
Let's face it, you're just butthurt I called you out for playing way too much children's card games.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Might have hurt my feelings back in December, which was the last time I actually played HS.

Really though, once you get over the mental barrier of reaching Legend once, the climb becomes quite relaxing. You just pick Druid, turn off your brain, and let it play itself to easy wins. Though I guess you wouldn't know. Tough luck.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So now instead of spending way too much time on a children's card game you spend too much time talking about a children's card game you no longer play.

Though I guess you wouldn't know.
Phage I'll never get an orange icon in a children's card game, MEN.

MEN.

MEN?

sad_derpy_by_anitech-d4f0ad8.png

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
So now instead of spending way too much time on a children's card game you spend too much time talking about a children's card game you no longer play.

I will admit that I find your butthurt much more entertaining than HS after GvG was for me, so you got me there.

This is how I know you're actually good at the game. Not even joking.

I'm exaggerating a bit, but it is very straightforward. In HS, mulliganing is often more difficult than actually playing, and a surefire way to start winning more is to start thinking through mulligan decisions carefully. That's the main reason Druid is easy and Miracle is hard, imo.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I will admit that I find your butthurt much more entertaining than HS after GvG was for me, so you got me there.
Next you'll say I haven't memorized all the pokemons, won't hit Diamond Plat'num Triple Lindy rank in LoL, or fail really hard at Joss Whedon trivia.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
what the fuck?

edit: Imagine going up against patron warrior. :lol: I'm glad bane of doom is getting nerfed, fuck that card.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Inb4 there's a deck with anima golems, POs, void terrors, demonfire/hearts, shadowflames, abusive sergeants and dark irons. :lol:

Andhaira

Arcane
Now you see why you should have voted for the paladin epic?

What a ridiculous card. :lol:

And it takes up an implosion mana slot. Still, it could be useful. As long as it is on the board your opponent has to worry about power-overwhelming blow to the face, so he might burn a silence on this.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Most of the revealed TGT neutral legendaries are not only bad/mediocre cards but they evince a lack of imagination. Sneed's is RNG reliant but a fun card. Troggzor isn't a bad card just slow for the current meta but it has an interesting effect. Thermaplugg, Mogor, and Blingtron are fairly bad but at least they show some creativity. TGT ones: shitty minion charge, shitty overcost yeti that gives you a random spell, shitty Salty Dog with an RNG reliant death rattle, close to shitty 4/4 with a Firelord/Corrupter damage proc, etc.

BRM was also fairly low budget and lacking in creativity compared to Naxx. Even the cards aside, for Naxx the production values seemed higher and the got the Kel'Thuzad voice actor. For BRM they couldn't even get Chris fucking Metzen who should be at the Blizzard offices every weekday to reprise his role as Rag/Nef. It's like WoW: the more money they get they less they put into their product.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
zzzzzzz

starting to really wonder what the business implications of this set are gonna be. like, will the drooling pleb masses actually realize that these cards are garbage and stop buying packs, or will they dump their money in regardless?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Huh. Interesting card.

First off, 6/7 for 6 is very good; dodges BGH and has enough bulk to pose as a great threat (basically why Boulderfist Ogre is a great arena card, and the go-to top end finisher for brand new player decks)

In Patron warrior, almost every card in the deck wants to get damaged, aside from Engineer/Warsong/Corsair (unless you have armorsmith/frothing out) - so the effect is generally a good thing. Problem is that you can't control it. From my limited experience playing as Patron, and my experience playing against it, I feel that the majority of turns within the game the deck does not want this effect to trigger. Additionally, playing a vanilla 6 mana 6/7 doesn't really fit into Patron's gameplan. Almost of the modern Patrons have already cut out Grommash, so EMPT is their top-end, and he's in because he allows you to reduce the mana cost of combo pieces.

All in all, neat card, some people will try playing it; but I'm pretty positive it's going to sit on the sidelines. In arena, you pick it over Junkbot, but the effect will almost always hurt you - making it below average.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
FFS. I thought the whirlwind was a battlecry, and even then the card might not be played. With this shit effect the card is just garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom