Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Vw0oXUG.jpg

Magma Rager power creep.

They keep releasing some interesting stuff, though:

RPgkT8A.jpg

Qv9aYf3.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I am telling you, the Nun will see quite a bit of play. Whether she lasts...that's another thing.

No it won't, not unless Priest somehow gets a deck that's consistent :smug:

Anyway, the card itself is terribly designed. One of the worst designed cards in this entire game tbh. You will either get a thalnos and be completely fucked beyond comprehension, or you'll get a ysera and win.

QjnvbOaNfqfhl9m9R_ksr8hxaNlI_rlGq4Ac-PFaMdU.jpg

Andhaira

Arcane
Vw0oXUG.jpg

Is this for real? :lol:

And finally Paladin gets some love. But putting secrets from our decks into play when our secrets suck?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
King's Elek = God-tier in hard control Hunter if that is ever somehow a thing
Dark Bargain = Shit. Should've let you selected what dies.
Mysterious Challenger = FUCK YOU BLIZZARD. DON'T MAKE SECRET PALADIN A THING FUCKING FAGGOTS.
Ice Rager = lol
Dragon Hawk Rider = Garbage
Sideshow Spelleater = Double garbage
Seal of Champions = Great in arena (just what we needed, another top-tier paladin class card at common!) fits into Eboladin as well.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No it won't, not unless Priest somehow gets a deck that's consistent :smug:

Anyway, the card itself is terribly designed. One of the worst designed cards in this entire game tbh. You will either get a thalnos and be completely fucked beyond comprehension, or you'll get a ysera and win.

QjnvbOaNfqfhl9m9R_ksr8hxaNlI_rlGq4Ac-PFaMdU.jpg
Again with the fucking flannel shirt. He probably wore one to his wedding.

Andhaira

Arcane
sJlOyn7.jpg

Should have been transform into goat, or ram. Not sure I can run this, pigs are filthy creatures. Anyhow, strong card. It can be used offensively or defensively

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hunter legendaries are cool for control, especially the 3 mana one: mini-Geddon. Combo = Ten mana board clear.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
sJlOyn7.jpg

Should have been transform into goat, or ram. Not sure I can run this, pigs are filthy creatures.

The dream is to turn a Mirror Image 0/2 into a boar in tempo mage. That said, Tempo Mage is already packed full of consistently good cards, so I don't see it fitting in. It's very lackluster in arena, but you pick it over target dummy.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Would be nice if control hunter could become a thing. IMO, the biggest problem is their inability to attack minions with weapons and keep their health up without using Healbot or something. Yeah there's the gladiator bow but that's too costly. Warriors can hit things with axes and armor up.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't get it...

Evil Heckler is a 4/5/4 with taunt.
Booty Bay Bodyguard is 5/5/4 with taunt.
Both are neutrals.

Same goes for the 3/5/1 Magma Rager vs. 3/5/2 Ice Rager...

Are they changing the old cards?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hunters can't attack minions with weapons because they only know how to attack face.
Rogues don't have armor either and they still use weapons to attack minions.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I don't get it...

Both are neutrals.

This is what is referred to as Power Creep. This is literal and actual power creep. The scummy part is not simply buffing the old cards out of fear that it'll somehow cost them money.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But it's helping new players, guise. They're common so they can pull them easily from packs and get to rank 20 where they're instantly gibbed by farmers. Win-win, imo.

Andhaira

Arcane
I don't get it...

Both are neutrals.

I think the patch that adds expansion + ranked rewards will buff the older cards.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
1312b0fd.png
11144789_966946280014807_7455975612449651225_n.jpg

lel, nice try Brode. Face Hunter is dead though, this won't help it.

What? Neither of these cards are good in face hunter... like... at all.

Acid Maw isn't good in anything, period. Dreadscale is a good anti-eboladin card for control hunter.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I think the patch that adds expansion + ranked rewards will buff the older cards.

What?

They've literally shown that is not the case, as they are printing new cards that are strictly, objectively better than the old ones. Why do you think they are buffing the old cards? :lol:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they should give druid some non-suck class beasts considering they're adding beast synergy cards

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hunters can't attack minions with weapons because they only know how to attack face.
Rogues don't have armor either and they still use weapons to attack minions.
And how many control rogue decks do you see?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Powershot is very strong - especially in arena. Another card for LOCK AND LOAD MIRACLE HUNTER!?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
And how many control rogue decks do you see?

I dunno bro I just hate hunters lol

But uh, yeah, oil rogue is kinda control, no? I mean it's combo, but it needs to control the board to actually win and it does it by using weapons to kill minions.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
It's not really control, no. By your definition Patron Warrior and Combo Druid are control. Real control decks are your masturbatory go until fatigue grinding down your opponent's will to play the game monstrosities.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
To an extent but it needs to kill you relatively fast or it loses. So if you were to play a more control oriented rogue it wouldn't work out that great since you'd be bleeding a ton of health smashing minions in the face. Warrior can compensate for this, rogue and hunter not so much without specific cards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom