Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
T1IGwOv.jpg
lol wtf

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Go go control rogue. It could shuffle them at the bottom of your enemies deck but for 3 mana... not terrible. Then you make it to turn 9 and play your Anub'arak and get all sorts of Nerubian procs!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
that card has sick potential value. 3 of them too. definitely a card for the RNG-favored.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So of the new legendaries released today I'd want/craft the Shaman one and... possibly Dreadscale (Hunter baby legendary). Problem with Shaman one is that I should probably craft Al'Akir first. Funny enough I have the other two hunter legendaries from vanilla and GvG so I'm all set for control hunter!

I hope Dragon still doesn't become a thing because I'd have to get the rest of BRM just for two or three fucking cards.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ccom79y.jpg
If this card were a 2/3 instead, I could see a deck that revolves around discarding cards. With that stat line it just sucks.
mblx648.png
Trades with shredder, RIP aggro meta?

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Interesting. It would obviously be strongest in mill Rogue, but it goes against their gameplan. On the other hand, 3 mana for 3 4/4s may be good enough to slow down the time until the enemy is fatigued.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
that card has sick potential value. 3 of them too. definitely a card for the RNG-favored.

Very little RNG involved when a mill rogue plays this. They will almost always get these things out if they don't get run overy.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I think the 24th was datamined somewhere.

Not really, that's the placeholder date for the preorder cards to be unlocked within the client - problem is even after setting your computer's date to that they don't unlock.

It could end up being the 24th, but there's no guarantee.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The children's card game experts crying about power creep for two shitty cards is hilarious. There's at least half a dozen threads on the forum.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The children's card game experts crying about power creep for two shitty cards is hilarious. There's at least half a dozen threads on the forum.

They aren't wrong though. It's bad business for a virtual product that doesn't even have a standard/legacy style restriction between card sets.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Legendary ranking that children's card game expert Phage will agree with I'm sure:

Great: Varian, Mistcaller

Good: Darkbane/Lightbane

Good but conditional: Aviana, Trueheart, Anub'arak, Rhonin, Dreadscale

Mediocre: Eadric, Saraad, Paletress

Poor: Gormok, Icehowl, Acidmaw, Fizzlebang, Chillmaw

Unplayable: Skeleton Knight, Bolf Ramshield, Kragg.

Andhaira

Arcane
Legendary ranking that children's card game expert Phage will agree with I'm sure:

Great: Varian, Mistcaller

Good: Darkbane/Lightbane, Avianna

Good but conditional: Trueheart, Dreadscale, Chillmaw, Fizzlebang, Eadric

Mediocre: Saraad, Paletress, Rhonin

Poor: Gormok, Icehowl, Anub'Arak

Unplayable: Skeleton Knight, Bolf Ramshield, Kragg.

Fixed.

Andhaira

Arcane
Normally health >> than attack, unless in charge minions, but I would still say this card is better than goldshire:

axFuvLC.png

Thoughts?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Avianna is unplayable garbage. You kids are delusional.

Anyways, tournament attendee is boring as fuck, as I explained earlier. There's nothing to say really. There's no real point in playing the card because it's so unimpactful. Aggro decks will use a stickier minion, or something that is guarenteed to deal damage (leper gnome / usually worgen), and control decks will just use Zombie Chow.

Fearsome Doomguard buff to Bane of Doom... but Dreadsteed.
I think they're adding underwhelming common high cost cards to give noobs a way to play big cards. ATM most big cards are also legendary, so noobs can't play them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom