Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Andhaira

Arcane
Magnataur Alpha is interesting. By itself it's shit, but with a 0 mana inner rage and then charge on the same turn it could be an effective board clear.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At 3 health it's terrible on turn 4. You don't put two other non-Patron cards in your deck to justify it. Overall this expansion is much what people thought: 30% or so playable cards. The rest arena/filler.

Zeriel

Arcane
At 3 health it's terrible on turn 4. You don't put two other non-Patron cards in your deck to justify it. Overall this expansion is much what people thought: 30% or so playable cards. The rest arena/filler.

30% playable is way better than Blackrock Mountain. That's like a 29% improvement.

Andhaira

Arcane
you know what else is an effective board clear for 1/3rd of the cards required of what you mentioned?

brawl

Yes, but unlike Brawl this card is a minion with a unique effect no other card has, save for the FoeReaper lejendary. There is another warrior card that adds 3/3 to a damaged minion that could help this survive. Again, not saying it's the best card ever, just that it's an interesting minion that shouldn't be dismissed right off the bat due to weak health. And anything that encourages less Patron play is a good thing.

For myself, I am disappointed in the Paladin cards. We only got 1 good card; Enter the Collesium, 3 situationally good-average cards: Mysterious Challenger, Tuskar Jouster, Seal of Champoins, 1 average legendary Eadric. Rest is shit, and these ones could have been better. Especially the legendary, the Shaman one is the one Pally's should have got.

Still, with Chillmaw and Twilight Guardian Dragon Pally will actually become a thing. A good thing. I've already been making it work with classic and BRM cards. This will give me a needed boost.

Mage got ok cards; I am satisfied I won't have to run polymorph anymore, as even though it is superior in terms of hard removal, I prefer the flashy minion damage spells. But we shall see. Rhonin is a disappointment. Hopefully they will revamp him to have a battlecry effect, instead of deathrattle.

Warrior legend makes me want to play warrior someday.

Zeriel

Arcane
I think re: paladins they are expecting the card that increases the attack of all silver hand recruits to carry a lot of weight. I don't necessarily agree, though, the "fill the board with silver hand recruits" strategy has some fatal weaknesses against popular decks.

It'll probably be like it is now: good, almost competitive, but just not as good as the other top decks, and hence regarded as relatively garbage.

On a more general note, I think people are underestimating the effectiveness of inspire cards in decks that already use their hero power constantly. Cards that will start pooping out tons of other cards every time you use your hero power are a serious threat if not dealt with immediately. They start out as "on value" and quickly climb to catastrophic levels of effectiveness if not checked.

Zeriel

Arcane
Playing Chillmaw in a Paladin deck = lol.

It is clearly meant to give dragon decks board clear. I don't think dragon paladin will ever be a legitimately good deck, but it fits in that archetype. And dragon paladin is already better than most paladin decks, I think what you really mean is "Playing paladin at all = lol".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Huh? Eboladins can be found all the way up to legend. Control/mid-range paladins are still fine. Chillmaw is an oversized abomination and works against a Paladin's hero power. I don't get the people saying that Chillmaw is the death of aggro. Abom existed before and no one plays it.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
It's not the death of aggro and I don't even like it as a card (any big legendary that doesn't do something when you play it always seems like a dead card to me, just silence bait), but practically the only deck it DOES fit in is a paladin archetype, i.e dragon paladin, the only dragon deck in the game that was ever a thing.

I'd still rather run mid-range. I don't think dragon paladin will ever be top-tier, the best players in the game LARPed their hearts out and tried so hard to make it real, and they couldn't manage.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Normally health >> than attack, unless in charge minions, but I would still say this card is better than goldshire:

axFuvLC.png

Thoughts?

The guy's head is about as wide as his actual body.

Maybe the card will see play in some kind of taunt-warrior but other than that, meh.

Edit: opened up a nifty little Edwin VanCleef. Good timing.

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Refreshment Vendor is a pretty lulzy card. Should have been cheaper though, for improved anti aggro effect.

hivemind

0tU6QN0.jpg

Holy Knight
3 Mana
4 Attack
3 Health

Effect:

">Battlecry: Silence a demon.

I was hoping for anti demon mechanics, but only for Paladin class, not for neutral cards.:rpgcodex:

Still, it's better than Scarlet Purifier; same stats but a much more useful battlecry. Mal'ganis! Justice Demands Retribution!
there is no lore reason for paladins to actually have any special powers against demons, against undead sure but I don't remember a single wow spell or warcraft ability that would do more dmg or have special effect on demons

and IIRC there is also no past lore event where the light would somehow stop a memorable demon in any extraordinary way

if you are going to roleplay as a class in a children's card game pls do your homework on the lore of a neckbeard's multiplayer afk-fest on which's universe the card game is based

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
ALL THE CARDS ARE REVEALED, THERE'S A PATCH THIS TUESDAY... BUT STILL NO OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE!?!? (and fuck your 24th "datamine". why fuck around for a week after every card was revealed, especially since monday is almost never patch day)

WRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY

Andhaira

Arcane
According to the Brode there are more surprises in store.

I think it will be 24th (I hope) but before that we get a Brawl with TGT cards and premade decks. And then a free arena run with TGT cards, just like for GvG.

I just hope they also do the 3 free packs promotion like for GvG.

:hypeisreal:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
there is no lore reason for paladins to actually have any special powers against demons, against undead sure but I don't remember a single wow spell or warcraft ability that would do more dmg or have special effect on demons

and IIRC there is also no past lore event where the light would somehow stop a memorable demon in any extraordinary way

if you are going to roleplay as a class in a children's card game pls do your homework on the lore of a neckbeard's multiplayer afk-fest on which's universe the card game is based
Exorcism and Holy Wrath did additional damage against demons in WoW.

Re: release. They'll probably have a week of Brawl/Free Arena like Andhaira says. Gotta milk that hype down to the last minute. Oh well, by that time I'll be able to get almost as many packs as people who wasted $50 on preorder.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Just played against a Rogue in Arena whose first five plays were:

Mechwarper. Clockwork Gnome. Piloted Shredder. Tinkertown. Spider Tank.

Shredder dropped an Anoyotron presumably for the lulz.

Later on he played two consecutive Blade Flurries to wipe my board, then dropped another Mechwarper + Shredder.

When I MC'd his Shredder out of desperation, he Faceless Manipulated it then dropped another Mechwarper.

:whatho:

Blizzard is fucking trolling me. I just had an awesome (for me, I've only just started playing Arena recently) 8-win in Arena (my highest key yet), and my rewards, I shit you not, were:

160 gold
20 dust
Non-Golden Hemet Nesingwary
1 pack of GvG cards containing entirely duplicates... INCLUDING MOTHERFUCKING HEMET NESINGWARY!

Keep in mind I have, in the time since GvG's launch, pulled Hemet Nesingwary 3 separate fucking times already.

I guess I shouldn't be too pissed that I basically just got 850 free dust, but it feels like Blizz just thinks it's hilarious to rub my face in their shitty card design. Fucking shitcocks.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
ur gonna need that nesginwary when MIRACLE CONTROL LOCK AND LOAD HUNTER RISES TO THE TOP!!

Andhaira

Arcane
Anyone going to craft Chillmaw on day 1, if they don't open him?

I would like to have this dragon, aside from the fact he has taunt, the artwork is really sexy. Hope the golden version looks as cool as I imagine. Though his deathrattle can be a liability, and his stats are average at best, I just like the look of him.

Zeriel

Arcane
He's cool, but I don't think he's going to be very good. A card you want to run, but can't justify.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom