Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

hivemind

would a 0 mana draw a card spell be good for any class ??

pls only serious replies

i was thinking that something like that could work in like combo decks by helping you to draw to the specific combination of cards you need to play more reliably

UglyBastard

Arcane
Would be an extremely good card, especially in Combo, yes.

Allows you to play with 28 cards and has all the benefits of a spell.

Andhaira

Arcane
Inspire Mage vs Control Hunter brawl coming up.

Everyone ready to get in there? I got a Sylvanas from my last brawl pack, hoping for a golden Malygos this time!

Mystary!

Arcane
Got to play insipre mage, and, as expected never managed to inspire anything because nothing survives more than one turn. Polymorph: Boar seemed p. op thou.

Zeriel

Arcane
Got to play insipre mage, and, as expected never managed to inspire anything because nothing survives more than one turn. Polymorph: Boar seemed p. op thou.

I don't get this being a downside, it's pretty easy to play an inspire card and use hero power same turn.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Only played one so far and also got the mage. For me it was the other way. The opponent played 3 joust cards and lost them all while I did get some use out of my inspire cards.

WhiteGuts

Arcane

I just played the Hunter and didn't really have the appropriate answers, mostly huge minions that I couldn't play so the mage rekt my shit.

Jousted 3 times, won 2 and draw 1.

Mystary!

Arcane
I don't get this being a downside, it's pretty easy to play an inspire card and use hero power same turn.
Many of the inspire effects are wasted that way, like giving windfury to a minion that can't attack that turn. And you aren't playing on curve if you do that, either, since you probably rather play a bigger card than a smaller+hero power.

Zeriel

Arcane
Many of the inspire effects are wasted that way, like giving windfury to a minion that can't attack that turn. And you aren't playing on curve if you do that, either, since you probably rather play a bigger card than a smaller+hero power.

Fair enough. The only inspire cards I thought were worth using were the ones that summon things on inspire or give you cards on inspire, but in brawl you don't have the option of picking your cards so it's a legitimate issue.

Andhaira

Arcane
Played Alleria for the first brawl and won easily. Played 3 joust cards and lost all 3. Brawl pack was shit, 40 dust.

Now playing Medivah, and have Coldarra and Ronin in hand plus nexus champion! :D

Andhaira

Arcane
Nexus is much better than I expected. Cool animation too when it's power is used.

Coldarra is as slow as expected, but if you survive till you have high mana it is playable. It will be popular in freeze-mage/ping mage hybrid.

hivemind

lmao

I just fucked myself by playing around the new bear trap but not around FREEZING trap

hivemind

inspire I can maybe see working

but jousting as a core deck gimmick is just utter shit

my budget pirate warrior that I made literally two weeks into hs and has like 1 rare card in it could beat this shit

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
this brawl is even worse than that nefarian vs ragnaros or w/e the first one was

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Just won five in a row. Funnily enough, these decks are weaker than decent arena drafts. Anyways... Alleria is clearly a control hunter, while Medivh is brain-dead play on curve with some babby tier "combos" thrown in to make kids feel smart.

Sure, in a world where the decks are this weak, Maiden of the Lake sticks around and allows Coldarra Dragon / Nexus Champion / etc to get in some value. This is a great demonstration of why Hearthstone will likely need to create a standard / legacy differentiation of metagames, even if the Brodester is afraid of such complexity. When Andhaira comes in with his Lowly Squire Inspire deck, jockeying for those Maiden of the Lake combos, he's just going to get completely run over by current Ebola paladin.

All this brawl has really done was solidified my opinions of these cards. Fallen Hero in particular is decent - great in arena, but will have a hard time explicitly fitting into a deck. Bear Trap is great, but so are Snake / Freezing/ Explosive traps. Lock and Load, alongside the 2 mana 3/2 beast jouster will help push control hunter; etc. The only thing this has changed, was I didn't know about that 4 mana 3/5 guy who restores 4 health to each hero. That guy is really cool. In a metagame like the one on the ladder right now (which will likely change overnight to experimental when the cards are out) he is really good.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Opponent played Spellslinger early in the game. Later plays Rhonin. Then plays Feign Death.

Next opponent plays Lock'n'Load. Slams down a Savannah Highmane and then another Feign Death.

My Spellslinger gives me... Bestial Wrath. :retarded:

Fun stuff, though. Did get off the 7-mana AcidMaw + Unleash the Hounds combo to wipe out a bunch of giants and other shit. Then my opponent played the 3/5 pregnant inspirecesarian Kodo and I got trampled.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Won first match on turn 3... guess the hunter had nothing and I had that 3/2 with inspire + 1 health into hero power into 3/4 Spellflinger. The skill is real. Hunter deck seems poorly constructed.

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
When Andhaira comes in with his Lowly Squire Inspire deck, jockeying for those Maiden of the Lake combos, he's just going to get completely run over by current Ebola paladin..

Arcane 'Sploshun + Frost Nova + 2mana minion:use hero power twice will put the ebola into remission. Then, as you struggle to recover and get a semblance of board back, Maiden + Coldarra will come out and I will ping away all your tiny little heroes into oblivion. Chillmaw will shield me as I prepare the prior combo, and as it dies it will take out whatever remains of your board by that time. Then Ronin and Anotinidas will come out and completely cure the ebola.

It's over for aggro. Hang up your bows and your arcane golems, time for the big boys to come out and play.

hivemind

also because ranked rewards are a thing, what rank do you think this deck can get ?

DQ8jeSz.jpg

I liked the combo idea so I put those card in and then looked at how a combo netdeck lock looks like and replaced cards that I didn't have with what I thought would work alright.

It's very budget but imo it could still work, what do you think ??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom