Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'm pretty sure it was the real deal, at least twice. The way he played, and the fact he has been confirmed to try out different decks in casual all the time. Poor guy, he had no idea he was going up against the master of unique decks (do you know anyone else who uses Rend?)

:nocountryforshitposters:

Mystary!

Arcane
Can be comboed with hounds, I guess. Wipe out a shieldwall of giants. Allthou that is unlikely to happen.

I still can't get over how fucking completely unplayable Acidmaw is

Yeah no idea what the fuck they were thinking.

Pretty hilarious how Blizz's solution to nubs whining about getting owned at rank 18 by face hunter is... make a bunch of awful hunter cards. Jury's still out on L&L, but this brawl is not instilling me with confidence.

Although in fairness that Alleria deck was made by a moron.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yep, Alleria deck is bad unless you get Lock and Load and the ability to combo it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Yeah no idea what the fuck they were thinking.

Pretty hilarious how Blizz's solution to nubs whining about getting owned at rank 18 by face hunter is... make a bunch of awful hunter cards. Jury's still out on L&L, but this brawl is not instilling me with confidence.

Although in fairness that Alleria deck was made by a moron.

Dreadscale, Powershot, and King's Elekk are all excellent cards. Bear Trap is also on par with the other played traps. Lock + Load might end up being amazing.

That's far more actual great cards for control hunter than before - deck could become a thing.

sser

Arcane
Developer
lel, Rank 15 is super easy to get buy just by doing dailies. You should also use Ranked play to do your quests; it exposes you to different deck types and you learn how card interactions work. You also grind your golden hero.

I can never understand why people only play arena, to me the greatest joy of the game comes from making your own decks.

By the by, the top 100 player list for July was recently released, with player SilentStorm coming in at 51. That means he is 51 in Legend when the July season ended. I came across him twice in the prior months on ranked and defeated him. We met again in a casual game and he conceded immediately after mulligan. :smug:

I have also played against "SlientStorm" a shitload of times. I once saw him in Arena and then immediately thereafter in casual play. I also played against him today in the Brawl. Pretty sure it's not just one guy.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Control hunter cards are probably the best in the expansion. Even Ram Wrangler isn't terrible just subject to bad RNG. If you look at what the other classes got Hunter probably ranks first. Druids got a couple of decent new removal cards. Mage got some cool stuff. Shaman so-so. Priest, Paladin, Rogue, Warlock, and Warrior got mostly shit.

Let's do a Children's Card Game PhD Breakdown Review:

Hunter - Bear Trap, Lock and Load, King's Elekk, Powershot, and Dreadscale (I'll leave out Ram Wrangler).
Mage - Fallen Hero, Effigy, maybe Rhonin.
Druid - Living Root, Darnassus Aspirant, Mulch, maybe Druid of the Sabre if there's room but probably not.
Shaman - Totem Golem, Tuskarr Totemic, Healing Wave, Mistcaller, maybe Thunder Bluff Valiant and that shadowform weapon thing.
Paladin - Enter the Colosseum, Warhorse trainer (I guess), maybe Tuskarr Jouster.
Priest - Shadowfiend... maybe... then there's shit like Flash Heal and PW: Glory if you want to waste deck spots.
Rogue - Undercity Valiant... maybe. Beneath the Grounds and Anub'arak if control rogue becomes a thing.
Warlock - Wrathguard... and uh... the rest are bad. Fizzlebang if you stuff a couple of inspire mechanic cards into your deck.
Warrior - Varian WIN, ofc. Bash. Maybe Bolster and Sparring Partner.

Looking at it again they really did a shit job with Priests who are in dire need of help.

Last edited:

Andhaira

Arcane
Control hunter cards are probably the best in the expansion. Even Ram Wrangler isn't terrible just subject to bad RNG. If you look at what the other classes got Hunter probably ranks first. Druids got a couple of decent new removal cards. Mage got some cool stuff. Shaman so-so. Priest, Paladin, Rogue, Warlock, and Warrior got mostly shit.

Let's do a Children's Card Game PhD Breakdown Review:

Hunter - Bear Trap, Lock and Load, King's Elekk, Powershot, and Dreadscale (I'll leave out Ram Wrangler).
Mage - Fallen Hero, Effigy, maybe Rhonin.
Druid - Living Root, Darnassus Aspirant, Mulch, maybe Druid of the Sabre if there's room but probably not.
Shaman - Totem Golem, Tuskarr Totemic, Healing Wave, Mistcaller, maybe Thunder Bluff Valiant and that shadowform weapon thing.
Paladin - Enter the Colosseum, Warhorse trainer (I guess), maybe Tuskarr Jouster.
Priest - Shadowfiend... maybe... then there's shit like Flash Heal and PW: Glory if you want to waste deck spots.
Rogue - Undercity Valiant... maybe. Beneath the Grounds and Anub'arak if control rogue becomes a thing.
Warlock - Wrathguard... and uh... the rest are bad. Fizzlebang if you stuff a couple of inspire mechanic cards into your deck.
Warrior - Varian WIN, ofc. Bash. Maybe Bolster and Sparring Partner.

Looking at it again they really did a shit job with Priests who are in dire need of help.

lel you mention Rhonin but not Avianna? The Druid epic that gives you 10 mana permanent could also be good, but you will at most only have 1 in your deck, thus the odds of it coming out on time are rather circumstantial. And Anub'arak is shit. Nexus Champion is pretty good.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Rhonin is unfathomably better than Avianna. You cannot begin to understand how terrible Avianna and Ancestral Communion are. You need at least a bachelor's degree in Children's Card Games

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
After falling off the bandwagon and falling to rank 8, I picked up trusty DRUID and have DRUIDED my way to Rank 3 (and some stars). Hopefully the DRUIDING can continue all the way to that sweet sweet legendary before TGT drops.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
lel you mention Rhonin but not Avianna? The Druid epic that gives you 10 mana permanent could also be good, but you will at most only have 1 in your deck, thus the odds of it coming out on time are rather circumstantial. And Anub'arak is shit. Nexus Champion is pretty good.
I said Anub'arak is fine if control rogue becomes a thing. The fact that it leaves behind a 4/4 makes it infinitely better than shit like Skeleton Knight. Rhonin combos with Antonidas and even if it doesn't magic missile is a good spell to get three free copies of and play as removal.

Nexus Champion is not a class card. It's also mediocre to poor because of the RNG. Save your lels for when you get to rank... 10... maybe.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Playing Brawl makes me hate Spellslinger even more. Sure, you get a spell but your opponent could get a better one or one that saves his butt in a given situation. I'd rather play Spider Tank. Also playing around with Arena draft practice on Hearthhead... oh man... this set puts some shitty cards into the draft pool. Especially fucks over the classes I mentioned a few posts above. And with the change to a random reward pack I think it's going to push most casual players out of Arena. They'd rather buy a guaranteed TGT pack for 100g. Only people who will play are those who consistently get over eight or so wins.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The average card created by Lock and Load is decent enough, might make control hunter viable.

Spellslinger is shit.

UglyBastard

Arcane
I gave my opponent Equality with spellslinger and he killed a Coldarra Drake, a giant and something else with Equality/Unleash and then proceeded to BM me the whole match.

The game feels terrible lately and these RNG cards are not making it better. With most of the decks, your plays are pretty much predetermined and the rest is decided by the one-armed RNG bandit. I feel like I'm not in control to either win or lose a majority of my games, Hearthstone simply decides for me and I can tag along and enjoy the ride.

I'm afraid TGT will make this even worse.

Andhaira

Arcane
I said Anub'arak is fine if control rogue becomes a thing. The fact that it leaves behind a 4/4 makes it infinitely better than shit like Skeleton Knight. Rhonin combos with Antonidas and even if it doesn't magic missile is a good spell to get three free copies of and play as removal.

Nexus Champion is not a class card. It's also mediocre to poor because of the RNG. Save your lels for when you get to rank... 10... maybe.

Nexus Champion is poor because of RNG but Rhonin's arcane missiles are ok? Arcane missiles are not a dependable source of removal, that is why they are never played except by beginners. And I am not saying Rhonin is bad, it's a cool card in of itself and combined with Anotindas and Flamewaker it can be pretty good. But it would be actually a real threat, like Antonidas, if it's ability was a battlecry.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Nexus Champion is poor because of RNG but Rhonin's arcane missiles are ok? Arcane missiles are not a dependable source of removal, that is why they are never played except by beginners. And I am not saying Rhonin is bad, it's a cool card in of itself and combined with Anotindas and Flamewaker it can be pretty good. But it would be actually a real threat, like Antonidas, if it's ability was a battlecry.

Arcane Missiles are not played much (some Tempo Mages have them, not a fan) because they do not enough for warranting a card slot in your deck. Not because they are random. They are actually a pretty good deal for 1 mana. Getting 3 of them for free without putting them in your deck is very good.

Their outcome is also way more reliable, they will always do damage to your opponents and trigger the spell synergy cards in your deck. Nexus Champion on the other hand is completely random even in the outcome of its effect. It can give you retarded shit like Bestial Wrath and you just lose.
Arcane Missilies will always deal 9 damage over all your opponents stuff at worst.

They are good in the Brawl and that deck is shit and doesn't even run support for them. Rhonin actually plays pretty well.

Jozoz

Prophet
Playing Brawl makes me hate Spellslinger even more. Sure, you get a spell but your opponent could get a better one or one that saves his butt in a given situation. I'd rather play Spider Tank. Also playing around with Arena draft practice on Hearthhead... oh man... this set puts some shitty cards into the draft pool. Especially fucks over the classes I mentioned a few posts above. And with the change to a random reward pack I think it's going to push most casual players out of Arena. They'd rather buy a guaranteed TGT pack for 100g. Only people who will play are those who consistently get over eight or so wins.

I lost a game to spellslinger.

He had Leokk out and he got Muster for Battle when I had a 1 health guy on the board as well. That was sure fun.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Rank 2 druiding. Apparently the top 0.33% of players there according to the chest. CAN MALFURION BEAT THE ODDS AND TELL THE TIER LIST PROS THEIR RANKINGS ARE WRONG!?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Rank 2 druiding. Apparently the top 0.33% of players there according to the chest. CAN MALFURION BEAT THE ODDS AND TELL THE TIER LIST PROS THEIR RANKINGS ARE WRONG!?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom